What's new

Mortal Kombat – Official Restricted Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My expectations are still very low but the trailer gave me hope.
This. Going in expecting it to be even half as good as a marvel universe epic adventure and you'll be disappointed.

Go back and watch the trailer for MK'95, and then come back and say that this trailer is shit. '95 version is cringey as F^&*

Also i think people have to understand that this is not meant to be a recreation of the original MK story, just something based around the MK characters and lore. The fact that they're taking some creative licence to change some things i don't think is a bad thing.

trufenix

bye felicia
Although it's very thin, the trailer actually did reveal the plot. Simply put, chosen fighters join together to battle to defend the Earth realm against Outworld in a tournament called Mortal Kombat. Fighters, in this film, are chosen by a birthmark and not an actual invitational scroll like the 1992 game and 1995 film.
It didn't though, Outworld never comes up, nobody but cole has a birthmark, and honestly can you tell me anyone in the movie that qualifies as a "chosen fighter" and why?

trufenix

bye felicia
Im not telling you how to feel. Im pointing out that the logic of "Trailer doesnt show the plot therefore the movie sucks" is demonstrably flawed logic. It's up to you to continue feeling this way but dont present your arguments as legitimate just because it's your opinion. Saying the movie is going to suck because the trailer doesnt show the plot isnt an opinion. Deciding to feel bad about it, well that's up to you.

The original Shinning trailer :coffee:
(oh no i dont know the story therefore the movie is going to suck)
You tried to find a trailer and I'm glad you put more effort in than whats his name but it says right there in the middle of the trailer BASED ON STEPHEN KING'S BEST SELLING MASTERPIECE OF MODERN HORROR. That's already more effort to explain the plot than the MK trailer does, which couldn't even keep from introducing plot holes in 2 minutes and 10 seconds of VO and random action clips.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
You tried to find a trailer and I'm glad you put more effort in than whats his name but it says right there in the middle of the trailer BASED ON STEPHEN KING'S BEST SELLING MASTERPIECE OF MODERN HORROR. That's already more effort to explain the plot than the MK trailer does, which couldn't even keep from introducing plot holes in 2 minutes and 10 seconds of VO and random action clips.
You're grasping at straws lol Most people havent read that novel so it means nothing to them. Just like most ppl have never been into MK lore.
And I only found the link because you didnt know how to google the original trailer yourself and thought I was attempting to troll. Goldstar.

trufenix

bye felicia
You're grasping at straws lol Most people havent read that novel so it means nothing to them. Just like most ppl have never been into MK lore.
And I only found the link because you didnt know how to google the original trailer yourself and thought I was attempting to troll. Goldstar.
Pages ago, you said everybody knows the MK plot so the movie doesn't have to explain itself. Now you say most people have never been into it or The Shining? Keep on moving those goal posts around.

That Goro is fan made and looks great, though very WoW like. I’m very intrigued by how they will show and work out the Sub / Noob connection, which is at least going to be part of the story! Hella excited about that :)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Pages ago, you said everybody knows the MK plot so the movie doesn't have to explain itself. Now you say most people have never been into it or The Shining? Keep on moving those goal posts around.
Maybe if you read more carefully you'd realize I said most ppl know mortal kombat by name (never said most ppl know the plot). Maybe if you would have researched more carefully you'd have seen the actual Shinning trailer. Maybe if you brought up valid criticisms regarding the trailer (which there are) you wouldnt sound so ridiculous....

Pizza

Thrill Kill
What fucks me up is killing Reptile is so wrong lol, but they do it in every single movie. Like in any other series, Reptile would be a hero. The last of his race, trying to find a way to bring them back. But every god damn movie is just "lol genocide" there go the Saurians

View attachment 18059
Everything started when you beat his Arcade ladder in MK4, you sit down to watch the ending and then Reptile is annoyed by Quan Chi and killed by Shinnok. He came back in Deadly Alliance as a lizard loser and lost his identity. He seemed promising in MKX but he caused the Outworld invasion by Kotal Kahn because he said really dumb things.
Oh and Scorpion's Revenge...

At this point I think even Baraka is more respected than Reptile.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I liked the idea they had with his devolution. How the longer he's away from home, the more his human facade fades. That could be a cool game mechanic. You play as human ninja Reptile, but he has like a Saurian relic with him. You can smash it to gain a "Dragon install" where he goes primal and gets faster or some shit.

This has me crazy hype now, thx for posting. Sounds like they may have honestly cared about this shit. I gotta scale my hype back tho, gonna rewatch Annihilation at some point. Get my expectations under control lol

And Reptile got done dirty, but if the overall film is good I will (tearfully) forgive them. Its better than ALL of the characters being shit upon like Annihilation. In the trailer there's a part where some one is like sneaking on a ceiling and invisible so I'm HOPING we get a Reptile in his human form vs Kano fight scene thats dope and then by the end Reptile has devolved into monster form before getting fatal'd. I have the feeling this big iguana man is gonna get axed immediately for the lol's tho :'(

Next time NRS includes Reptile they gotta do him up big time. they owe him, if they can make Baraka a more well rounded character they can knock it out of the park with reptile. Make him the elder god's champion, have him replace kang, have him become the Raiden of his own little raptor realm, fuck it have him hook up with kitana. HE NEEDS IT

Status
Not open for further replies.