What's new

General/Other - Commando More whiff issues

As much as I agree with your statement to stay positive and find alternatives, I also think that constantly coming out with vids like these and throwing it in NRS' face is the way to go if we want changes. There's no sense that these issues keep coming up and it greatly hinders a characters game when they can't rely on the tools they were given. So I say, keep this stuff up guys because someone somewhere is gonna hear us and finally recognize what needs to be done.

@FlappyDaniel, Yes I think you should record the issues you experience with command throws whiffing and anything else. In fact, I think we should all do that and put it in a thread dedicated to just the glitches side of things or into this thread and @MsMiharo can update the OP every time a new vid pops up, that is if you're up to that @MsMiharo?
It is the way to go, I agree, but every time I brought up the idea of a thread dedicated to cataloging all of the hitbox issues I get told it's a waste of time. Turns out some people would rather just complain than petition for change.

That said, if you guys want me to create a thread and update the OP with the community's findings, I will, if @MsMiharo hasn't got the time to update this one.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
The whole point of the strings that jail into EX Knives is for the pressure and frames. I lost a match last week using Cutthroat when I had my opponent in the corner and went for EX Knives off a blocked string and both knives flew over his head. I was punished and lost. I almost threw my fightstick I was so mad.

Most of these need fixing asap but I'm beginning to doubt any fix is on the way.
Happened to me aswell against dvorah in the corner who was crouch blocking...

Fcking bs. Mids are bs.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Doesn't @colt work at NRS or something? We should show him this, it pisses me off that Kano has all these whiff issues in Commando and Cutthroat.

EDIT: It looks like b3 into High Knife/Choke and F33 into High Knife/Choke whiffing ON HIT is a problem on Kano's end. 112, 2, High Knife, and choke whiffing on crouch block is a problem with the other character's crouch blocking hitbox.

These character's have broken crouch blocking hitboxes:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Kitana
D'Vorah
Jaccui (High Knife will sometimes whiff after a block string)
Cassie Cage

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
As much as I agree with your statement to stay positive and find alternatives, I also think that constantly coming out with vids like these and throwing it in NRS' face is the way to go if we want changes. There's no sense that these issues keep coming up and it greatly hinders a characters game when they can't rely on the tools they were given. So I say, keep this stuff up guys because someone somewhere is gonna hear us and finally recognize what needs to be done.

@FlappyDaniel, Yes I think you should record the issues you experience with command throws whiffing and anything else. In fact, I think we should all do that and put it in a thread dedicated to just the glitches side of things or into this thread and @MsMiharo can update the OP every time a new vid pops up, that is if you're up to that @MsMiharo?
Sure np. Discovered the ex knife issue when I tried to corner trap a scorpion yesterday and wasted two bars on whiffed knives :'))))))

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Yeah, that's really the best we can do is hope he sees the problems. I'd just like some kind of communication from NRS that at least lets us know if they're working on stuff like this or not, or if they even know it exists. We havent had a patch in what feels like forever, so I have to think that they're working PRETTY hard to try and eliminate the bugginess and hitbox issues with the upcoming one, but there's no way to know.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Yeah, that's really the best we can do is hope he sees the problems. I'd just like some kind of communication from NRS that at least lets us know if they're working on stuff like this or not, or if they even know it exists. We havent had a patch in what feels like forever, so I have to think that they're working PRETTY hard to try and eliminate the bugginess and hitbox issues with the upcoming one, but there's no way to know.
We should all just start tagging colt to make sure he sees this and can tell other people at NRS.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
We should all just start tagging colt to make sure he sees this and can tell other people at NRS.
I believe he already got tagged in Ando's video a while back so he definitely knows about some of the bigger issues, plus you just tagged him for this thread so hopefully he'll take a look. But a large part of me thinks they are pretty aware of a lot of the problems; they're just not as easy to fix as people think they are/want them to be. I'm just waiting super patient for the next patch. it SHOULD be a pretty massive patch and hopefully will address many if not all of character's bugs and hitbox issues. If Commando isn't addressed though I'll prolly be switching Full time to Cyber until Commando gets fixed.