What's new

General/Other - Commando More whiff issues

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
MAKE REAL COLLISION BOXES YOU LAZY CHODES!
I mean... I really don't understand why everyone dislikes this game. Aside from the online, it's a 9/10 imo.

uh s2 and 11 whiffing are a big problem. Knife whiffing makes zoning stupid and removes EX frame traps. Choke whiffing is just fucking stupid.
Don't get me wrong, they need fixing. By 'devastating' I mean ruining the character to the point where he has no options at all. 11 can be replaced with b1-3, 2 can be switched out for f4. Yes, we are missing out on damage that we should be able to get if the moves worked as advertised and that is unacceptable, but we can get some damage. Until these things are fixed (and there is no guarantee they will be), the best we can do is acknowledge finds like these and come up with alternatives.

Most of all, I'm trying to stay positive. Too often when somebody does good work like you've done, the response is to moan about NRS or tell people to switch characters, etc. Doing that doesn't advance anyone's understanding of the character or game.

TL;DR: You're right, it's fucked up. We can't change it though, so what are the best options to negate it?

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Don't get me wrong, they need fixing. By 'devastating' I mean ruining the character to the point where he has no options at all. 11 can be replaced with b1-3, 2 can be switched out for f4. Yes, we are missing out on damage that we should be able to get if the moves worked as advertised and that is unacceptable, but we can get some damage. Until these things are fixed (and there is no guarantee they will be), the best we can do is acknowledge finds like these and come up with alternatives.

Most of all, I'm trying to stay positive. Too often when somebody does good work like you've done, the response is to moan about NRS or tell people to switch characters, etc. Doing that doesn't advance anyone's understanding of the character or game.

TL;DR: You're right, it's fucked up. We can't change it though, so what are the best options to negate it?
Yeah 11 is not a big deal but s2 and knives hurt.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
I really need to start saving clips of every time my command grab whiffs. Last night I had Kitana and I think Erron Low poke me and it beat my EX command grab by making it whiff. They weren't even especially low profile low pokes.

edit: also seeing these be just blatantly fucked up makes me sad (Choke and 2 especially). I use 2 a lot in my pressure (or I should say I used to but I stopped using it quite as much because it's unreliable)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I really need to start saving clips of every time my command grab whiffs. Last night I had Kitana and I think Erron Low poke me and it beat my EX command grab by making it whiff. They weren't even especially low profile low pokes.

edit: also seeing these be just blatantly fucked up makes me sad (Choke and 2 especially). I use 2 a lot in my pressure (or I should say I used to but I stopped using it quite as much because it's unreliable)
I've been trying to incorporate 2 in both commando and cyber but it's just not worth it since it can get you full combo punished.

FlappyDaniel

It's fine if my opponent just adjust and starts neutral crouching, or even if they low profile it, but if they're crouch blocking it should chip.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
It's fine if my opponent just adjust and starts neutral crouching, or even if they low profile it, but if they're crouch blocking it should chip.
Yeah I've been trying to make it work after corner restand in cyber since its +2 so you can grab or go for the low. Also 2f4 is 0 and 3% chip and leaves you outside the range of a lot of pokes. BUT the inconsistencies are just not worth it.

In commando it's decent for grab setup but again, not worth it.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
The choke should whiff on neutral crouching opponents and TECHNICALLY so should the first knife. But the others really need to be fixed

ando1184

Noob
As much as I agree with your statement to stay positive and find alternatives, I also think that constantly coming out with vids like these and throwing it in NRS' face is the way to go if we want changes. There's no sense that these issues keep coming up and it greatly hinders a characters game when they can't rely on the tools they were given. So I say, keep this stuff up guys because someone somewhere is gonna hear us and finally recognize what needs to be done.

@FlappyDaniel, Yes I think you should record the issues you experience with command throws whiffing and anything else. In fact, I think we should all do that and put it in a thread dedicated to just the glitches side of things or into this thread and @MsMiharo can update the OP every time a new vid pops up, that is if you're up to that @MsMiharo?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The whole point of the strings that jail into EX Knives is for the pressure and frames. I lost a match last week using Cutthroat when I had my opponent in the corner and went for EX Knives off a blocked string and both knives flew over his head. I was punished and lost. I almost threw my fightstick I was so mad.

Most of these need fixing asap but I'm beginning to doubt any fix is on the way.

FlappyDaniel

B3xxChoke whiffs on some characters if the B3 hits. I know it whiffs on Johnny for sure since it happened to me last night. You have to hit them with B31xxChoke to guarantee the choke will connect. Only reason I found this out is because B3xxChoke is kinda my goto anti wakeup armor right now. Seems like the B3 hit just causes the model to bend over which I guess low profiles them. I've never heard of a move low profiling your opponent so they are able to avoid the link off of said move.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
*sigh* i'd say im surprised but im really not, the amount of hitbox problems in this game is mind boggling to me. SERIOUSLY NRS, WHY CANT MOVES CONNECT THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: