What's new

MLG - How Dallas Made History w/ Germany vs the Dominican Republic

gdf

Noob
In my opinion, Madzin has a really awesome Noob. And saying awesome isn't a word I use lightly, he has some great combos and fundamentals. Considering that corner combo he did in his fight against gross.

However calling him the best is an insult to other players who have performed well with Noob and been sweeped under the rug in the Noob discussion. These two players would be DR and Grolarbears, DR got top 8 at CEO 2012 which was a stacked tournament, and Grolarbears even won a tournament with Noob Saibot. DR has even pioneered some of the best corner combos for Noob. To be honest the title of best Noob is a toss-up between the two of them, because due to semantics, there isn't really a definition of the best.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think people need to consider that Madzin had hardly played any serious competition before this tournament.. He has mechanics he needs to work out and matchups he needs to get better at, but I think he clearly has the potential to be the best noob, even if he isn't yet.

He also walked straight into the biggest minefield of a bracket MK9 has ever seen.

Give him some time to learn more about the competitive game, and watch what happens.

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
reading this just gets me sad b/c it once again reminds me the game is banned here. sucks ass. they banned it for violence, yet we have FPS where you run around shooting people. i mean, mk is so over the top compared to the realistic violence in those games...

D. R.

Noob
Come on now, you all know who the true God Saibot is!!! Stop kidding yourselves fools.

Madzin plays like he's still online with a lot of bad habits and doesn't optimize damage at all times. Most of you all are just ignorant to the character and don't know the match up, so you see someone doing something BESIDES zoning, which I've stated numerous times, Noob IS NOT a pure zoner, upknee is +4 for fuck sake, yet you think "OMG, so cool!! I just creamed myself. Ooy glaven." Fuck outta here.

Also, for people that like statistics, lets go with a common variable, a match between the same player with the same amount of matches (What a coincedence!!), during a casual setting:

Tom Brady's SZ vs

Madzin's Noob: 4 - 3

D. R.'s Noob: 0 - 7

Maybe ask him...

And don't discount Glolarbears or Flawedzilla when it comes to Noob. They get my nod as well for being up there with the character. You all just hype up the dumbest shit sometimes.

BS3OOO

Noob
I mean, what's with all the hostility?! You got your props man. If someone thinks Madzin has the best Noob, I doubt that post will change anyone's mind. I think Madzin can be mentioned as one of the best Noob taking into account that he performed extrememely well not to have an offline scene and place high in a stacked tournament. I'm not completely convinced that you or Flawed would have placed higher if you competed at MLG. NO DISRESPECT BY THE WAY

The only thing he said was "MK is only going to get bigger and better." Is that really out of the question?! LBSH, that was uncalled for. Stop seeking negative attention.

100% THIS :p
I'm convinced. You're going through menopause.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I've got a lot of respect for Madzin's Noob seeing it in person like that. Gross is a solid player too. I wouldn't sleep on either. Madzin's also a cool ass dude. Seemed like a nice guy.

D. R.

Noob
I mean, what's with all the hostility?! You got your props man. If someone thinks Madzin has the best Noob, I doubt that post will change anyone's mind. I think Madzin can be mentioned as one of the best Noob taking into account that he performed extrememely well not to have an offline scene and place high in a stacked tournament. I'm not completely convinced that you or Flawed would have placed higher if you competed at MLG. NO DISRESPECT BY THE WAY
There is zero hostility towards Madzin, I'm just calling it how I see it man. I'm a realist. He has bad tendencies that need to change, but due to people not knowing this character, never exploited them. His potential is there, I'll give him that, but the best Noob? No way in hell.

There is zero hostility towards Madzin, I'm just calling it how I see it man. I'm a realist. He has bad tendencies that need to change, but due to people not knowing this character, never exploited them. His potential is there, I'll give him that, but the best Noob? No way in hell.
Best Noob Imo is either you or GrolarBears.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Come on now, you all know who the true God Saibot is!!! Stop kidding yourselves fools.

Madzin plays like he's still online with a lot of bad habits and doesn't optimize damage at all times. Most of you all are just ignorant to the character and don't know the match up, so you see someone doing something BESIDES zoning, which I've stated numerous times, Noob IS NOT a pure zoner, upknee is +4 for fuck sake, yet you think "OMG, so cool!! I just creamed myself. Ooy glaven." Fuck outta here.

Also, for people that like statistics, lets go with a common variable, a match between the same player with the same amount of matches (What a coincedence!!), during a casual setting:

Tom Brady's SZ vs

Maybe ask him...

And don't discount Glolarbears or Flawedzilla when it comes to Noob. They get my nod as well for being up there with the character. You all just hype up the dumbest shit sometimes.
but that same weekend tom lost to trepound

i heard that the only offline tournament attempt was raided, everything was confiscated, and people were arrested.
wow no. not a tournament i know of. we had a small online scene and a bit still exists on ps3, but not on 360 where i play though. the attempts to organize an offline event kinda failed, once i was pushing it forward but i had personal differences with the main other person who did so i dropped it and the thing kinda died out.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
who have you beaten in tournament with noob ?

Just curious to know how your noob stacks against great players . Money matches or "serious" casuals can count, but I always find that a little iffy just judging skill off casuals.
Get em Winter

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
MK competition really has come a long way, especially if you think about it that way. Thanks for taking the time to offer that perspective.

Tom Brady's SZ vs

Maybe ask him...

ok.. first of all that was over 5 months ago. I played Madzin recently, my sub-zero evolves. we didnt play a first to anything, just random casuals 6 months ago. Yes, you won Noob vs sub but I dont remember the score because they were just random casuals. let me also add that all of those games were last round, and my sub deals with noob way different CURRENTLY...which is when madzin played me.... CURRENTLY!

you cannot have someone play me 6 months after you do and act as if the level and knowledge is the same as it was 6 months prior.

also, we did play a first to 5 noob vs kl and you got beat easily. then you said "i was sandbagging", yet brag about casuals(not even a FT anything) and i wasnt sandbagging? I lost some casuals 6 months ago as sub vs you and beat you with no thought in a FT5 as kl.. but... you were sandbagging lol.

how can you brag about casuals wins and discount your losses as sandbagging? who the fuck makes excuses for CASUALS? come on bro, we played some casuals, and they were ggs.

D. R.

Noob
ok.. first of all that was over 5 months ago. I played Madzin recently, my sub-zero evolves. we didnt play a first to anything, just random casuals 6 months ago. Yes, you won Noob vs sub but I dont remember the score because they were just random casuals. let me also add that all of those games were last round, and my sub deals with noob way different CURRENTLY...which is when madzin played me.... CURRENTLY!

you cannot have someone play me 6 months after you do and act as if the level and knowledge is the same as it was 6 months prior.

also, we did play a first to 5 noob vs kl and you got beat easily. then you said "i was sandbagging", yet brag about casuals(not even a FT anything) and i wasnt sandbagging? I lost some casuals 6 months ago as sub vs you and beat you with no thought in a FT5 as kl.. but... you were sandbagging lol.

how can you brag about casuals wins and discount your losses as sandbagging? who the fuck makes excuses for CASUALS? come on bro, we played some casuals, and they were ggs.

We can run it back at Final Round man, which will be IN THE FUTURE!!!! Hopefully you'll be fully prepared IN THE FUTURE for the rematch. IN THE FUTURE!!!!! this match looks promising.

FYIs, I'm not going to NEC since it falls on my father's birthday and I haven't seen him or my fam in over a year, so that's the priority. Nonetheless, this is all shit talk guys. Stop getting yourselves butt hurt over it and having to chime in off each other. That's dickriding. Grown men can speak for themselves. Be glad there are Noob players who actually play him right and don't "zone" since that's what the community has labeled him as. The display of Madzin against whoever was atrocious to watch at times because I could clearly tell, you all don't know the character like you all think you do. "...He's got a 6 frame d1, right? Yeah it's 6 frames..." LMAO at that famous quote, that was a good one, but moving on.

As for it being just casuals, I don't believe in that nonsense. As I say, "You practice how you play. There's no such thing as casuals." If your main or one of your mains is on that screen, you're playing. I played my Noob textbook Anti-SZ 101 and it worked to the T that day at CEO. I could tell you didn't know the match up like you thought you did and actually, after watching your recent match with Madzin, you STILL don't know it like you should. Hell, NO ONE does. "Pretty portals and resets, Oooooooooohhhhh........." So once you went to KL, I figured "he's gonna use KL tomorrow in tourney since his SZ had no answers if we play." It's not an easy match up, so I needed to keep all my Aces up my sleeve. I was sandbagging you Tom in those KL match ups. Noob has excellent anti wake up tech against Lao and he can deal with naked tele 3's easily by just walking backward a sec and AA with a 1 jab into a full combo. If KL has no meter and get's knocked down, he's in trouble against Noob. I honestly thought you were still in the tournament. I only saw you lose against Big D and assumed you made it out your pool, but found out you had lost to Trepound's Kit... Yeahhhh. As I've said, I'll gladly do those rematches and whatever else ones you wanna run at Final Round.

Sidenote: If I ever get to it, I'll finally post up all the anti wake up tech Noob has against a majority of the cast in the Noob forums. It'll be an eye opener for everyone. Top tier......

We can run it back at Final Round man, which will be IN THE FUTURE!!!! Hopefully you'll be fully prepared IN THE FUTURE for the rematch. IN THE FUTURE!!!!! this match looks promising.

FYIs, I'm not going to NEC since it falls on my father's birthday and I haven't seen him or my fam in over a year, so that's the priority. Nonetheless, this is all shit talk guys. Stop getting yourselves butt hurt over it and having to chime in off each other. That's dickriding. Grown men can speak for themselves. Be glad there are Noob players who actually play him right and don't "zone" since that's what the community has labeled him as. The display of Madzin against whoever was atrocious to watch at times because I could clearly tell, you all don't know the character like you all think you do. "...He's got a 6 frame d1, right? Yeah it's 6 frames..." LMAO at that famous quote, that was a good one, but moving on.

As for it being just casuals, I don't believe in that nonsense. As I say, "You practice how you play. There's no such thing as casuals." If your main or one of your mains is on that screen, you're playing. I played my Noob textbook Anti-SZ 101 and it worked to the T that day at CEO. I could tell you didn't know the match up like you thought you did and actually, after watching your recent match with Madzin, you STILL don't know it like you should. Hell, NO ONE does. "Pretty portals and resets, Oooooooooohhhhh........." So once you went to KL, I figured "he's gonna use KL tomorrow in tourney since his SZ had no answers if we play." It's not an easy match up, so I needed to keep all my Aces up my sleeve. I was sandbagging you Tom in those KL match ups. Noob has excellent anti wake up tech against Lao and he can deal with naked tele 3's easily by just walking backward a sec and AA with a 1 jab into a full combo. If KL has no meter and get's knocked down, he's in trouble against Noob. I honestly thought you were still in the tournament. I only saw you lose against Big D and assumed you made it out your pool, but found out you had lost to Trepound's Kit... Yeahhhh. As I've said, I'll gladly do those rematches and whatever else ones you wanna run at Final Round.

Sidenote: If I ever get to it, I'll finally post up all the anti wake up tech Noob has against a . majority of the cast in the Noob forums. It'll be an eye opener for everyone. Top tier......
lol.. ok bro. Casuals show all, except when you lose them.. then you sandbagged. I cant believe anyone would ever brag about a few casuals from 6 months ago. again, casuals 6 months ago, then you blow someone up for losing IN CASUALS 6 months after you played the match.

anyway, hope you can make it to FR, you have A LOT of talk to back up.