What's new

MLG Dallas VS NEC XIII

Which show will go down as the superior winter spectacle?

• MLG Dallas was the superior culmination of a year's worth of Kombat.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • NEC is going to give MK its best show yet.

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think, as good and as huge and as exciting as Dallas was...NEC is going to be better.

This show is going to be gargantuan.

Discuss.

Justice

Noob
I read somewhere that MK at NEC was going to be cancelled if we didn't get at least 128 peeps. I hope that's not true but even so, that many players in one room is going to be insane!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I read somewhere that MK at NEC was going to be cancelled if we didn't get at least 128 peeps. I hope that's not true but even so, that many players in one room is going to be insane!
This isn't true, lol. NEC held MK tournaments before there was even a MK9. Back when we had at most 50 MK players at our maximum.

I cant say because i'm not going to NEC, but MLG was one of the most fun weekends of my life! I'm already saving for the 2 majors i'm going to go to next year: EVO and MLG Fall, because MK will be at BOTH

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
whats the point of this??? both are great tournaments
Absolutely. But the point is that, while many have been skeptical that MLG Dallas was going to be sort of the "cut-off point" as far as MK's capability to put on another grand, huge show of that stature, it seems like NEC picked up a LOT of steam as far as everyones' interests in it and the matches/big names it's going to be bringing to the table. So I'm wondering what's on everyone's minds.
Excitement. Hype. Perpetual motion. The more, the better. Brewing discussion and such.

I can't wait to get hammered with Maxter and Hitoshura . Oh man.

ONLY WEEKS AWAY

GO

Justice

Noob
This isn't true, lol. NEC held MK tournaments before there was even a MK9. Back when we had at most 50 MK players at our maximum.
Ok Sorry about that then. I read somewhere something about 128 peeps, maybe it was just that they were hoping to get that many. Do you know if there's a cap on registrations?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Let's be serious here. NEC will not match the high production values and presence of MLG. It also won't have the money. If I could only place at one I'd be MLG.

However, NEC will still be great and I don't know why the community is so obsessed with ranking tournaments.

Let's be serious here. NEC will not match the high production values and presence of MLG. It also won't have the money. If I could only place at one I'd be MLG.

However, NEC will still be great and I don't know why the community is so obsessed with ranking tournaments.
Because we live for hype. You of all people should understand that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
NEC will be hype and it will have nearly every MK game. I think NEC will be more relaxed and fun instead of super serious. However NEC is the last MK tournament for the year, so people want to go out of 2012 with a bang.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
MLG was hella fun. Free dr. Pepper and pretzels. Lots of other stuff to do. Other games and demos to play.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Players, NEC13 needs 128 for MK9, 32 for UMK3 and 24 for MKII minimum player counts, no reason not to get this so let's make it a goal. Gotta represent. Everyone from every region and coast needs to be at this event and finish out the year in grand fashion. We will be able to have an MK9 stream and a 2D stream for UMK3, MKII and even KI so we can run these events at the same time, but all finals will be streamed separately from MK9 since it's likely we'll run the 2D games all on Saturday and MK9 through to top 8, then Spooky Stream sunday. You get hype!

If we can get good 2D turnouts we can possibly throw in some bonus cash. I will work on getting bonuses for MK9.

I think its going to be just as good if not better, you know after mlg two of the best players didnt perform that well and you know at nec they will have no mercy...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only difference between FGC and MLG is money. While I understand that NRS has thrown in some huge bonuses, the majority of the sponsors, support from Sony, and overall money for MLG does not directly come from, nor is it dependent on the fighting games. The FGC gets a HUGE rub from MLG to be featured and for that we should all be grateful because it's exposure. If you guys want a fantastic production with commercials and one streamed match every 10 to 15 minutes from the FGC, that can happen, and it'll be a huge headache, but we just can't pay anyone for their effort. Otherwise just show up, shut up, play and have a good time.

Get Hype Players

NEC December 1st and 2nd, Philadelphia, PA:

MK9
UMK3
MKII
MK4
MKT
KI
MKDADADC?

Over 100 players. We all make it happen.