What's new

MLG Dallas - Mortal Kombat Capped w/ Possible Record Attendance!

GTFO dude

SB had 48 players and MK9 two years old had 42

And if TEKKEN players go to yomoKon or whatever over a 15,000 pot then theydont deserve MLG

TEKKEN community is boring , unhype and sleepy

Ask Slips

I guess SB told MK players ahead of time about SB and then told TTT players a month later
Dude I did enough debating about this crap on FB with Cat lol. Not even gonna get in to it on here. YOU PEOPLE need to be grateful MLG exist (and they're willing to support such a terrible fighting game), not the tekken community. For their game and legitimacy has been in tact for YEARS. Yours is still "under construction"...like the game you play heh. :p

SBA announced Tag 2 WELL in advance. MLG simply did not. MK has good history with MLG that warranted players to LOOK FORWARD to registering when the official announcement was made. I mean there IS A REASON, most the MK players didn't decided to go to YOUMACON...that WAS announced well in advance...RIGHT? Even some of the MLG officials (Arturo/Carlos) were keeping players here in the loop on what was going on in advance for Dallas.

So don't give me MK players did this and that (registered sooooo maaaany yessss in such a short amount of time yeeeeesss *triforce face*) for MLG Dallas, like it wasn't gonna happen anyways. C'mon now.

So I stand by what I said. <3

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Lol @ comparing a brand new game to a game that's been out for years. 3 years from now, if people are still playing ttt2, and it has not yet been broken to the level mk has in its time; then, and only then, will i say ttt2 was a "better" game. I'll still prefer mk I'm sure, because broken games, imo, are way more fun. Comparing the two right now is like comparing a ps2 to a ps3. Both were amazing in their time, but a comparison is nonsensical considering one is from a completely different generation, and theoretically the newest thing, weather it be a game, or an entire console, should correct any known mistakes in any and all like items.

Fun fact: the more broken a game is, the better the hardcore players get. Just sayin.

MLG thread: derailed.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol @ comparing a brand new game to a game that's been out for years. 3 years from now, if people are still playing ttt2, and it has not yet been broken to the level mk has in its time; then, and only then, will i say ttt2 was a "better" game. I'll still prefer mk I'm sure, because broken games, imo, are way more fun. Comparing the two right now is like comparing a ps2 to a ps3. Both were amazing in their time, but a comparison is nonsensical considering one is from a completely different generation, and theoretically the newest thing, weather it be a game, or an entire console, should correct any known mistakes in any and all like items.

Fun fact: the more broken a game is, the better the hardcore players get. Just sayin.

MLG thread: derailed.
Tekken 6 was played for like 5 or 6 years, and ttt1 was played for like 10. You have got to be kidding.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Tekken 6 was played for like 5 or 6 years, and ttt1 was played for like 10. You have got to be kidding.
I never said they weren't? I said comparing mk9 to ttt2 is pointless. And, lbsh, mk hasn't had a "real" title since late nintendo/sega/early ps1. So comparing either of those games to any real mk game makes no sense either. I enjoy Tekken and I'm not trying to knock it. I'm just saying making comparisons about mks brokenness makes no sense.

because no one ever said the Tekken community was HUGE. i simply said the numbers will come next MLG tourney, announced early in advance.

numbers will MATCH MK at the very least.

but yes you DO have a point when it comes to SBA, i'll give you that.

KOF NEVER had a decent scene to begin with in the US. XIII was the very first sign of anything popular IN THE US, in all 15+ years KOF has been in existence lol (KOF XI was the surely going strong with 15 players around the country playing roflmfao). Tekken has had waaay more success across the board.

But anyways, as far as Tekken @ MLG Dallas is concerned...it is what it is. I honestly can care less. I can't make it anyways.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Mk has a mines worth of salt. Salt creates hype. Hype brings numbers. I'm in no way in the know with what goes on in most other fighting game communities. But I get a general feel that a majority of them are pretty friendly. And while that's fantastic, because friendliness brings up the number of copies sold along with more casual players and a well rounded talent, it will never mean more competitive numbers.

Just my theory, but if I'm correct about the other communities it makes total sense to me.

If you had to choose between getting revenge on the worst thing that has ever happened to you or getting the best BJ in the history of man, chances are you'd choose revenge.
Salt has always and will always have more influence than enjoyment.

The more people hate on and in MK the more powerful it will become in the fighting game world.

Zoidberg747

Mk has a mines worth of salt. Salt creates hype. Hype brings numbers. I'm in no way in the know with what goes on in most other fighting game communities. But I get a general feel that a majority of them are pretty friendly. And while that's fantastic, because friendliness brings up the number of copies sold along with more casual players and a well rounded talent, it will never mean more competitive numbers.

Just my theory, but if I'm correct about the other communities it makes total sense to me.
Your not correct. at all.

There is TONS of hype in crapcom/tekken/DOA other communities.

Only one that is nice that I have been in is VF, and honestly it is still my favorite. But its numbers do lack, you are correct in that regard.

Edit: Also I would totally take the BJ

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
tyrant is confirmed not to go? by his twitter, it seemed he still might hitch a ride in the egp bus
I'm going to try and help him out in some fashion, I want him there for sure. Whether it's offering him lodging or what not. Though he is going to need some funds. :confused:

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Your not correct. at all.

There is TONS of hype in crapcom/tekken/DOA other communities.

Only one that is nice that I have been in is VF, and honestly it is still my favorite. But its numbers do lack, you are correct in that regard.

Edit: Also I would totally take the BJ
Salt created hype like MK's? Or "this game's so fun i want to play with all of my friends" hype? Everyone is arguing on a post that's supposed to be about bringing us all together to have a good time, after all. Even people in the MK community talk shit on the game itself.

If you'd take the BJ over bringing back a dead loved one or something of similar impact on your life/pride. Then you, sir, are a one in a million, i think.

Zoidberg747

Salt created hype like MK's? Or "this game's so fun i want to play with all of my friends" hype? Everyone is arguing on a post that's supposed to be about bringing us all together to have a good time, after all. Even people in the MK community talk shit on the game itself.

If you'd take the BJ over bringing back a dead loved one or something of similar impact on your life/pride. Then you, sir, are a one in a million, i think.
This is pointless to argue, but how is money matches possibly compared with someone killing your family. We should stop arguing this really bad metaphor lol.

Also capcom communities have all sorts of salt, so much so in fact people have gotten into ACTUAL fist fights over it. People were at each others throats in SCV all the time, especially against the french players.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
This is pointless to argue, but how is money matches possibly compared with someone killing your family. We should stop arguing this really bad metaphor lol.

Also capcom communities have all sorts of salt, so much so in fact people have gotten into ACTUAL fist fights over it. People were at each others throats in SCV all the time, especially against the french players.
I'm not arguing anything. Like i said, i know little to nothing about most other communities, it was simply a question. I never said the two were connected in anyway. I just used the most awesome thing i would want vs the worst thing i would fix as a broad comparison of salt vs bliss.

Capcom's numbers also typically topped MK's during it's run, didn't it? I would definitely say too much salt could kill a game as well. Maybe mk is sitting at the perfect amount?

Confucius say: Too much salt can kill a man, not enough ruins mashed potatoes.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
All I know is that the MK community is a brotherhood. Kinships are forged after 3 mins of casuals. I never played anything sans SF4 offline (talking about EVO for fun and Round 1 Arcade dual cabs), needless to say, nobody ever bothered to strike up a conversation or even offer up a good game. Competitive acrimony to say the least.