What's new

MLG Columbus Feedback, Suggestions, and Q&A

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I main cage a long time ago, i didn't even use cyrax once to get to top 8, only used cyblax against reo and it was a big mistake, i was rusty with the guy, still i'll rep cyrax more if people stop believing i need him to succeed.
I was hoping for some Stryker... :)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Sounds to me like it was the viewers experience that was slightly tainted. I would have liked to see 3-4 matches from each 30 minute set rather than one. I feel like a lot of good matches went un-streamed.

I would really like for Komplete Edition to be gone as the tournament standard. Too much about it just feels off and buggy at the moment.

The tournament was well organized and it was a blast to be there. I honestly don't see myself missing another Esports event unless something terrible prevents me from going. The dislike Esports blows my mind, people need to make it out to one event and their minds will change quickly.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I'd like to reiterate @garik16's point from a perspective of somebody who was actually there.

Run some recording hardware on the four "feature" stations (1-4) that are not main stage matches. Have downtime where you aren't playing ads? Pick some of the better feature matches and play those back; that'd be great not only for stream viewers, but also everyone at the event so we can see something going on the main screen in between our sets when there isn't really time for any casuals.

Is that something you guys would be interested in doing? Because the spectators would absolutely love it, and it'd be neat from a competitor's standpoint as well during downtime.

EDIT: Oh, and if you can replay any and all Friday/Saturday stage matches immediately after their conclusion that would be GODLIKE. I missed so many good ones (esp. dizzy v wafflez) because I was busy playing my own tourney match. I'm very upset I didn't get to see it :(
Hmm, thats an interesting idea. Perhaps pick a key match from each 30 minute set and have someone do expert analysis in replay mode.

1. The continuation rule sucks. It's quite possibly the reason Reo lost. He would have reset CD Jr. in a classic grand finals set, even if we count Reo losing his first match of the set. (ie not counting Reo's first win in Grand Finals) and so we don't know who would have won.

2. The constant breaks for commentary instead of other matches suck. Some of the interviews were cool. Guest commentators are cool. But the constant long waits between matches makes no sense.

Great job otherwise! First to three for the entire tournament was so cool.
Pimp, re: #1, that's uncertain. Remember, they started GFs with Jax v Cage....BECAUSE CD JR WAS LOCKED INTO JAX BECAUSE OF THE CONTINUATION RULE!

So who knows how the score would've been had continuation rule not been in effect.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Pimp, re: #1, that's uncertain. Remember, they started GFs with Jax v Cage....BECAUSE CD JR WAS LOCKED INTO JAX BECAUSE OF THE CONTINUATION RULE!

So who knows how the score would've been had continuation rule not been in effect.
We know what the score would have been.
Take away Reo's first win, and he still would have reset CD Jr.

(discount the first match and assume CD Jr. wins the first match)
CD Jr. 1
Reo 1
CD Jr. 2
Reo 2
Reo 3
CD Jr. wins the first match of the reset bracket (MLG ended here)
???
???