What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable MKXL (UNBREAKABLE )SUB-ZERO ESSENTIALS IMPROVMENTS

Wouldn't it be great for unbreakable to get a whole new play style?

• yes

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • no

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • yes but this us too much

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
These just keep popping up for Cryo and Unbreakable, don't they? I guess it's cool that there's this much hype for Sub =)

Btw, to those saying that Unbreakable has no winning match ups, that's untrue. He beats Grandmaster, and no, I'm not joking.
In ranked matches I play as Unbreakable, too. :)

In the right hands he can be a deadly defensive weapon. :)

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
its too much players will abuse it since you can aura up any tiime
That doesnt stop blood god. the aura should reduce all damage, ex should give a slight damage buff. leave everything else as is.

also, before you refute this, you say that this is too much yet you have recommended resets with ice puddle off of HKDs, which would absolutely be too much.

That doesnt stop blood god. the aura should reduce all damage, ex should give a slight damage buff. leave everything else as is.

also, before you refute this, you say that this is too much yet you have recommended resets with ice puddle off of HKDs, which would absolutely be too much.
lol you misinterpret the point of this thread also its not much

Gengar

lol you misinterpret the point of this thread also its not much
We all go the point of the thread, you want to discuss your over the top and absurd changes, everyone else prefers to discuss actually viable changes so that is what the thread contains, discussion about what buffs people think unbreakable needs.

You are asking for resets. its not much? clearly you didnt play mk9.

Jax could reset off hardknockdowns and the shit was insane. Sadly kabal and others were way more broken, but the point still stands, guaranteed resets do not belong in the game. The only resets are via the unblockable ground pounds, and they scale.

The buffs proposed by Reo that have been posted in this thread seem very reasonable. Somone give Giuseppe a job.

We all go the point of the thread, you want to discuss your over the top and absurd changes, everyone else prefers to discuss actually viable changes so that is what the thread contains, discussion about what buffs people think unbreakable needs.

You are asking for resets. its not much? clearly you didnt play mk9.

Jax could reset off hardknockdowns and the shit was insane. Sadly kabal and others were way more broken, but the point still stands, guaranteed resets do not belong in the game. The only resets are via the unblockable ground pounds, and they scale.

The buffs proposed by Reo that have been posted in this thread seem very reasonable. Somone give Giuseppe a job.
dude lol go away

SentientProgram

Unbreakable
I'm lobbying for sub zero to have an iceball cancel..I mean the thing comes out slow as it is. Tremor has one. Jax has a delayed one. So does reptiles. Predator has a cancel...so it's fair to give him one right?

Tanno

I'm lobbying for sub zero to have an iceball cancel..I mean the thing comes out slow as it is. Tremor has one. Jax has a delayed one. So does reptiles. Predator has a cancel...so it's fair to give him one right?
You forgot Raiden. He has the LRC (Lightning Run Cancel). Same goes for Liu Kang's FRC. Indeed he needs the IRC (Ice Run Cancel).

What Subby has is unique from the others. That's the X-Ray Run Cancel. Check for his X-Ray Cancel and you'll understand what do I mean.

Tanno

Sub-Zero is not and should not be a cancel pressure character.

Unbreakable Needs to ACTUALLY be Reliably Defensive as he was intended to be. Fix those few things to make him Viable as Intended and we got a Solid Variation. He's not an Offensive Hellfire. He's Defensive and should stay Defensive.

I think Unbreakable will be getting some serious love this patch and will hopefully be an A Tier Variation which will be good enough. 2 more weeks to go, fingers crossed Unbreakable's Buffs aren't Grandmaster's Nerfs.
if Paulo doesn't fuck this up, Sub Zero will be the most balanced and best character of the whole kast. I don't think that he'll be nerfed. He'll only get fixed with his known issues.

Gengar

The thing is NRS will not allow Sub-Zero to be anywhere near the Best in the final Patch which is why I expect an MK9 again with GM mostly. A Tier is fine with all Variations THAT would be Balanced but Paulo's heavy hand has a very high possibility of Fucking it Up.
what evidence do you have to support the claim that NRS refuses to let sub be a top tier at the end of the game?

Gengar

MK9 was a huge clusterfuck of imbalance. It is not at all an indication that future games will follow suit. Sub zero was absolutely not singled out to specifically be bad. NRS was still figuring this shit out, which is why balance was improved in INJ, and further improved in MKX.

CSZ is fine, yes he was nerfed hard, but hes still viable. This game does not have a 'sheeva' (and even then jeremiah bodied people) though unbreakable is the closest thing to one. His other variations outshine unbreakable too much, they need to buff him more to further solidify his defensive play style. Buffs to the aura and how it works, such as what REO proposed, seem the most reasonable.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

not geared towards you, but why do others even argue against buffs for Unbreakable? i still don't understand this? can someone explain? if you don't use the character why is it such a big deal for someone to get a buff. and do we honestly think NRS does not filter out bad ideas? does everyone on here think that when one person suggests a list of buffs that NRS is gonna follow that persons list to the T without question or reason?

If you ask me i think Unbreakable is great, but i would want a few changes.

• Frost Shield freezes JIP/JIK (it only stays up so long it should stop the bs and not have multiple ways around it, is it not good enough that you can Cross over?
  • Aura: Normal version should have 7 frames less recovery, id like it to link with more normals and possibly link easier to the ones it does. Reasonable request.
  • EX Aura: has 5 Frames Less Recovery than it does now. that would make it better.
Unique buff/Change For Unbreakable:

The one i think some will dissagree with but i think would be awesome is:

Unbreakable should have a Overhead that Bounces Opponents off the ground to juggle after. like in MK9 and i think it would be cool to start off High, Mid, Overhead. and have the Overhead be a Frost Spike that appears from his hand.
This would be Awesome, and give Sub Zero Unbreakable better damage off Overheads with this move. which is needed and fair, think of many other characters and how much damage they get off both Overheads and Lows for Zero Meter. Then look at Unbreakable. B2 into F42 xx Slide. thats kinda Weak to only get 21% off Overhead but only get damage of low. but here me out, IT WILL ONLY Bounce them up in air if they are frozen with Aura or Freeze. but when they are unfrozen it does a normal Knockdown.

I think this is an Awesome Idea. and think they should implement it on Oct 4th. some may disagree and be like he does need it and hiss it out of there mouths. but i really don't care about those people, i just want some cool things in Unbreakable, its the Variation i use with Sub Zero.
Grandmaster has Clone Combos to be cool, Cryomancer has Hammer and double special cancel or many Hammers in one combo. Unbreakable can have this. his Freeze can Pop up and juggle start with one Combo a High to Overhead Spike Combo starter. and Damn it give him a Spike in it similar to MK9 B12 or what ev it was.

We need these kind of changes, New normals to make the character different or chang it up a bit. also Combos are a big part of Mortal Kombat, and having cool looking ones are great.

@Tanno , @Jeffrey Wolf , @Zerodegreez , @Sub-Incubator , @Apex Kano What do you think about my suggestion? i think it would be fucking hella cool and i would switch to Unbreakable every match. i mean id still have to uise my Cyrax and Kenshi but id use him so much if he got this change. and id love that combo, it would look Dope to have Similar Air to ground combos like MK9 with sub.

not geared towards you, but why do others even argue against buffs for Unbreakable? i still don't understand this? can someone explain? if you don't use the character why is it such a big deal for someone to get a buff. and do we honestly think NRS does not filter out bad ideas? does everyone on here think that when one person suggests a list of buffs that NRS is gonna follow that persons list to the T without question or reason?

• Frost Shield freezes JIP/JIK (it only stays up so long it should stop the bs and not have multiple ways around it, is it not good enough that you can Cross over?
  • Aura: Normal version should have 7 frames less recovery, id like it to link with more normals and possibly link easier to the ones it does. Reasonable request.
  • EX Aura: has 5 Frames Less Recovery than it does now. that would make it better.

Unbreakable should have a Overhead that Bounces Opponents off the ground to juggle after. like in MK9 and i think it would be cool to start off High, Mid, Overhead. and have the Overhead be a Frost Spike that appears from his hand.
This would be Awesome, and give Sub Zero Unbreakable better damage off Overheads with this move. which is needed and fair, think of many other characters and how much damage they get off both Overheads and Lows for Zero Meter. Then look at Unbreakable. B2 into F42 xx Slide. thats kinda Weak to only get 21% off Overhead but only get damage of low. but here me out, IT WILL ONLY Bounce them up in air if they are frozen with Aura or Freeze. but when they are unfrozen it does a normal Knockdown.

I think this is an Awesome Idea. and think they should implement it on Oct 4th. some may disagree and be like he does need it and hiss it out of there mouths. but i really don't care about those people, i just want some cool things in Unbreakable, its the Variation i use with Sub Zero.
Grandmaster has Clone Combos to be cool, Cryomancer has Hammer and double special cancel or many Hammers in one combo. Unbreakable can have this. his Freeze can Pop up and juggle start with one Combo a High to Overhead Spike Combo starter. and Damn it give him a Spike in it similar to MK9 B12 or what ev it was.

We need these kind of changes, New normals to make the character different or chang it up a bit. also Combos are a big part of Mortal Kombat, and having cool looking ones are great.

@Tanno , @Jeffrey Wolf , @Zerodegreez , @Sub-Incubator , @Apex Kano What do you think about my suggestion? i think it would be fucking hella cool and i would switch to Unbreakable every match. i mean id still have to uise my Cyrax and Kenshi but id use him so much if he got this change. and id love that combo, it would look Dope to have Similar Air to ground combos like MK9 with sub.
feed me more!!!!

feed me more!!!!all

all great ideas no idea is bad on this thread

Tanno

I agree with MOM and Jeffrey Wolf on this. He only needs some tweaks before being the best balanced character to pick on. Only Unbreakable needs the buffs to be on par with the other variations.

Tanno

Guys, have you spotted anything about UBSZ? ANy GIF? They don't show it, and I'm worried as fuck.

Tanno

We got 2 more Days man the 'Single Worst Variation' will get love. It could even be a Feature on the Kombat Kast. We hopefully still got our 40% plus corner combos for 1 Bar we only need the 'Right' Tweaks to be very viable.

It's Grandmaster's Shatters that I'm worried as Fuck about. Imagine that Unbreakable's Corner Combos do More Damage than Grandmaster's...
After what I saw with Raiden's buffed Superman, I'm fuckingly worried. I hope they don't fuck him up.

Suppose Unbreakable gets the IRC (Iceball Run Cancel), I would think of this meterless combo:

JIP, B12xxIRC, B12xxAura, B12xxIceball, JIP, 242~1, 123xxSlide/B12xxBurst.

Or this 1-B middle-to-corner combo:

Aura on: JIP, 242~123xxIRC, B33xx EX Slide...

Tanno

Looks like we didn't get the anti air but hopefully these small Buffs for UB and Big Buffs for Sub-Zero in general make him viable.
We won't know unless we test it. I have a hunch that the Aura on Burst might do the AA trick. It wrote that it gives more pushback, so I assume that it has a bigger radius.