What's new

MKXL Top 8 at Combo Breaker 2016 Set

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
unbelievable performance from pl to get himself to this spot, honestly if you asked me earlier in the week i wouldve said he had no chance to get the last esl spot, really impressive. im backing BIG D to get it though, gonna be super hard but he is so hungry and sonic is looking shaky as of late imo. also he did beat him a only a couple weeks back.

going to be sick either way

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Winner's
PXP | AF0xyGrampa vs. cR_Dragon
Orbit.MTL | Hayatei vs. Perfect Legend

Loser's
Red Raptor vs. cR | Wound Cowboy
cR_SonicFox vs. EVB | Big D
my prediction:

foxy vs Dragon = Dragon wins
Hayatei vs PL = Hayatei wins
Raptor vs Wound = Wound Wins
SonicFox vs Big D = Sonic Wins

at least i think, it could be close

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Love watching Hayatei and the new Scorpion PL, gonna be a good match. I want PL, Cowboy or Big D to win obviously, for the hype ESL story.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I wasn't aware PL beat Forever King and Honeybee as well. Maybe he finally found his character in this game. Also, I'm curious to see who places higher out of the people not qualified for the ESL finals. PL is in a good spot seeing as how he is in winners.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Also, I can see mileena beating alien, but wondering whether foxy has trained with any alien players, I know there aren't many of them in EU.

This is the match I'm most hype to see in this top 8.

When you edit the OP, instead of removing the stream schedule of what has already passed, can you instead leave it up in some other format perhaps just so we can easily find the vods for like top 16 or something.

edit: basically the more information, whether it may seem useful or not, is always better because you never know how it might be used as long as it is spoiler free.

edit2: I know the style of this forum is to post the winner in the headline right after the tournament ends but something to consider is using "congrats to the winner of combo breaker 2016!" instead. sorry if I sound too demanding, just throwing up things to consider

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
PL returning strong is a good storyline, and storylines are much needed right now. Is this PL's first top 8 in MKX? I feel like it is. At a major I mean.

Foxy bouncing back is also a good storyline since international competition is always healthy for the scene. It still doesn't feel right watching him not play Lao though :(

And major, MAJOR props to Red Raptor, who's quietly become a consistent top 8 placer and one of the best players in MKX.