What's new

Question - Inferno MKXL - The Inferno Scorpion Rant

Matix218

Get over here!
why do they design things they have no idea how to balance -_-
100% correct inferno is trash, minions should at least stay out after you get hit, should be more plus on hit and mid minion should come from behind YOU and push them back not forward. then we'd have a zoning variation
Exactly! If this is supposed to be a zoning variation the last thing you want is something knocking them closer to you (unless the frame advantage is worth sacrificing the screen position)

Matix218

Get over here!
I agree 100%. It just makes zero sense to give a zoning char a projectile without any hitadvantage. Sure they want to prevent 50/50s. But this wont happen anyways since the startup is not even 20f afaik. Therefore giving his projectiles more hitadv would help him a lot.
Did you ever play noob saibot in mk9? This was exactly what was wrong with his character design. His shadow projectiles were minus on hit

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Did you ever play noob saibot in mk9? This was exactly what was wrong with his character design. His shadow projectiles were minus on hit
I totally agree. I used noob saibot very often before the game died off quickly. If a zoning char has negative on hit projectile, that means something went wrong during the design of it. I think nrs is aware of it and they will fix it, since they get better the more time passes.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I feel for you here.

With one of the last big patches in the game, everyone was hopeful for their favourite variation to get some love. And after two years of Unbreakable, I finally got it.

Are their any MU's you can exploit this variation on? Or is it all doom and gloom?

Buff Inferno Scorpion, leave the frame data on block and startup the same, but make all minions combo starters, that's what Inferno needs. That's my opinion.