What's new

Question - Inferno MKXL - The Inferno Scorpion Rant

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Hey all,

I am here to talk about this mess called Inferno. Please watch the following video:

Something has to change. The current Inferno will always be garbage, even with better frames. But atleast, make it do what it's supposed to be doing - Zone.

The overhead minion has to be more than just +1 on hit. I believe any other zoning tool gives you more advange.

Peace!

Matix218

Get over here!
Inferno was bad and is still bad. 0% reason to ever pick inferno over Ninjutsu or Hellfire in any matchup IMO. It just brings nothing to the table.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Inferno is straight up outclassed in every aspect when it compares to hellfire and ninjutsu. Hellfire has better pressure, ninjutsu has superior footsies. Inferno can't do much upclose besides zone and anti-zone and the other two variations can anti zone just as well.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
This was a pretty good rant.

- The slightly angry tone in your voice.
- Stumbling over your words because of how baffled you are.
- Comparing the variation with other characters in the sense of "Why did they get good buffs and I didn't?"
- 6:49 - "Look, WHAT IS THIS? How plus am I- LOOK AT THIS!"

I'd give this rant a 9.

Oh yeah and Inferno definitely needed better buffs.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Not to go too off topic but I'd also like to welcome you to the world of Balanced Kenshi with -1 hit advantage on his regular overhead. YOURE LUCKY TO HAVE A PLUS FRAME DAMMIT lmao

Give him the Cryomancer solution. Turn his other minions into stun moves ( in exchange of less damage like cryomancer did) that give a full combo. There, problem solved.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Stance change into overhead minion xD you're the best Mitsu. But yea, this character is pretty bad, a lot of people reacted positively to the changes but I just looked at em and shook my head...pathetic.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Also yea, Low Saw is like +17 on hit but yet Overhead Minion is only +1? and that is even slower like come on NRS!

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
It is a pretty underwhelming "buff" if you can even call it one. Why spend a bar to be plus 2/3 when you can end combos with standing 4 and be like plus 30 with no armorable gaps foryour opponent to break out? He already has 114, 21, 214 to leave him at plus 2. It's pointless.

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
This was a pretty good rant.

- The slightly angry tone in your voice.
- Stumbling over your words because of how baffled you are.
- Comparing the variation with other characters in the sense of "Why did they get good buffs and I didn't?"
- 6:49 - "Look, WHAT IS THIS? How plus am I- LOOK AT THIS!"

I'd give this rant a 9.

Oh yeah and Inferno definitely needed better buffs.
I rewatched the video and must say that your points are 100% correct and made the video even more hilarious! :D

Matix218

Get over here!
It seems like they are afraid to buff inferno minions because they don't know how to do it without making him dumb. This basically means it was a poorly designed and overly simplistic variation from the get go (look at how many early scorpion players started with inferno because it was so simple to grasp the concept). I just wish they had put more thought into this variation from the beginning.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
why do they design things they have no idea how to balance -_-
100% correct inferno is trash, minions should at least stay out after you get hit, should be more plus on hit and mid minion should come from behind YOU and push them back not forward. then we'd have a zoning variation

I know how it feels man and to think the community got his damage nerfed too, I used to be able to do a 41% meterless midscreen, I know that was a bit too much but you can't even do the combo anymore. Scorpion needs his 214 to jail again to make him viable and like you said make his Minions more plus on hit. No disrespect to the twitch streamers who complained about Scorpion but I think Paulo listened to them back then w/o knowing they didn't know what the hell they were talking about.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Last night i ran into two Inferno scorpions. He must be bad if they quitality because i blocked/punished b3xxlow minion. First round on both occasions.

I guess if b3xxlow minion or f4,xxlowminion

Dont work its Ggs?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
I agree 100%. It just makes zero sense to give a zoning char a projectile without any hitadvantage. Sure they want to prevent 50/50s. But this wont happen anyways since the startup is not even 20f afaik. Therefore giving his projectiles more hitadv would help him a lot.