What's new

MKXL Pocket Guide -- v2.0 on the App Store -- New characters, Stage Fatalities, Secret Brutalities

Ha, glad you found it! Yeah you can just tap inside the input box, then you can delete, as well as type (or even copy/paste a combo you found online).

In version 1.3, which is currently waiting for review at Apple, I added a note on that screen that says "tap inside to edit" so it's clearer.

I'm glad you like it!! Thanks for checking it out :D
Hi I just bought your APP from iTunes, great APP, but I can't see Arrow... "Letters" is OK. I posted the screen copies to your twitters. would you please take a look?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Hi I just bought your APP from iTunes, great APP, but I can't see Arrow... "Letters" is OK. I posted the screen copies to your twitters. would you please take a look?
Hmm that is very strange... Especially since the arrows show up for you just fine on the options screen. I've never seen this before. What phone are you using? And what language is it set to?

Version 1.3 update is still pending in review, so let me know if you still have the issue after the update. It adds a new arrow option, and I'm curious if those are also messed up for you.

In the meantime I will do some research to see if I can recreate the issue. It's clearly an issue with the emoji, but I thought all Apple devices should display them the same.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll try to figure this out ASAP!

Hi I am using IPhone 6 (not plus), IOS version 8.3,no jail break. The language is simplified Chinese, I switched the language to English once but have the same issue.

I will check if the problem re-occur in V1.3.

Thanks.

DDustiNN

Hi I am using IPhone 6 (not plus), IOS version 8.3,no jail break. The language is simplified Chinese, I switched the language to English once but have the same issue.

I will check if the problem re-occur in V1.3.

Thanks.
I have iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, tried switching the language to simplified Chinese and still the arrows work properly for me. I will look into this more.

Can you tell me if it's only on the move list screen? What about Kreate-A-Kombo and Help screens? Thanks!

I have iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, tried switching the language to simplified Chinese and still the arrows work properly for me. I will look into this more.

Can you tell me if it's only on the move list screen? What about Kreate-A-Kombo and Help screens? Thanks!
Hi DDustiNN

Yes, same problem. I don't know how to insert local pictures in this forum, I will send you the screen copies on twitter.

The arrow works fine on my old IPhone 5S.

Thanks.

DDustiNN

Hi DDustiNN

Yes, same problem. I don't know how to insert local pictures in this forum, I will send you the screen copies on twitter.

The arrow works fine on my old IPhone 5S.

Thanks.
Thank you for the screens. That's definitely unusual and I am unable to recreate the issue on my end, so it's tricky to figure out. The screens help though! I don't know what the exact problem is (especially since it works on your iPhone 5s, which I assume is set up the same way), but I do think I have a solution which might fix it anyway. Therefore I think you will still have the same problem with version 1.3 once you receive the update, but I think you will be able to use the new arrows I've included. However, as soon as version 1.3 gets approved for the App Store (hopefully sometime this week), I will submit another update, version 1.3.1 as an expedited bug fix, and see if that fixes the old arrows for you.

I sent you a screenshot on Twitter to show you what the new version 1.3 option looks like. I hope that will help you until I can submit the version 1.3.1 update. Unfortunately the Apple review process takes so long lately! That's why I hope they will grant me expedited review with 1.3.1... Only problem is I cannot submit it while version 1.3 is waiting for review, otherwise it goes all the way back to the end of the queue if they don't grant the expedite, which means it will take even longer.

Sorry for this inconvenience! Like I said, this is a very unusual issue, and apparently very rare since no one else has mentioned it. I think it must be some combination of your phone's settings or localization. But I am determined to make it right, and I appreciate your feedback! I will keep you informed on the progress so you can try the updated versions ASAP :)

Last edited:
Thank you for the screens. That's definitely unusual and I am unable to recreate the issue on my end, so it's tricky to figure out. The screens help though! I don't know what the exact problem is (especially since it works on your iPhone 5s, which I assume is set up the same way), but I do think I have a solution which might fix it anyway. Therefore I think you will still have the same problem with version 1.3 once you receive the update, but I think you will be able to use the new arrows I've included. However, as soon as version 1.3 gets approved for the App Store (hopefully sometime this week), I will submit another update, version 1.3.1 as an expedited bug fix, and see if that fixes the old arrows for you.

I sent you a screenshot on Twitter to show you what the new version 1.3 option looks like. I hope that will help you until I can submit the version 1.3.1 update. Unfortunately the Apple review process takes so long lately! That's why I hope they will grant me expedited review with 1.3.1... Only problem is I cannot submit it while version 1.3 is waiting for review, otherwise it goes all the way back to the end of the queue if they don't grant the expedite, which means it will take even longer.

Sorry for this inconvenience! Like I said, this is a very unusual issue, and apparently very rare since no one else has mentioned it. I think it must be some combination of your phone's settings or localization. But I am determined to make it right, and I appreciate your feedback! I will keep you informed on the progress so you can try the updated versions ASAP :)
Take your time, it is not urgent :)

I search the relevant information on Baidu (Chinese version Google), it seems that not only me has this emoji issue, so maybe it is a specifically Chinese IPhone problem.

Thanks.

DDustiNN

Take your time, it is not urgent :)

I search the relevant information on Baidu (Chinese version Google), it seems that not only me has this emoji issue, so maybe it is a specifically Chinese IPhone problem.

Thanks.
I think there is a way around it. Based on the screens you showed me, I know exactly what to try. On the Options screen, I am displaying them differently than on the other screens. If I just do them all the same way as the Options screen, I think it will work. So I believe version 1.3.1 should fix it for you :)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
That's actually on the way! Turns out it's way more time-consuming than I originally thought, so I wanted to release the base app first and include frame data in an update. I've already finished Cassie and D'Vorah, and I'm hoping to have everyone done within the next update or two. I just didn't want to mention it because I don't like to advertise something that's not there yet, heh. But the way it works (though it's currently disabled in the App Store version) is similar to the Brutalities you see in the screen shot. You'll tap on a move, and you will get a popup with all of the info about that move. All frame data, high/mid/low hits, etc., and any descriptions necessary. Everything that's displayed on-screen in the in-game menu is what I'm including.
Are you testing the frame data or you just taking it from the in game menu? Because some of it is wrong.

DDustiNN

Are you testing the frame data or you just taking it from the in game menu? Because some of it is wrong.
In-game menu first, then updates as needed. I am not qualified myself to test that stuff, but will I trust the word of high-level players. I'm keeping an eye on that thread and will make corrections, and especially if any others are pointed out.

I'll also be updating with all patch updates. Thankfully, NRS actually states which frame data they change! So that's quite helpful, haha.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
@DDustiNN Hey, bought the App, its excellent, but first thing I looked for was Frame data, is there any chance of that being included?

And I know its new, but also Tanya lol.

DDustiNN

@DDustiNN Hey, bought the App, its excellent, but first thing I looked for was Frame data, is there any chance of that being included?

And I know its new, but also Tanya lol.
Yep, frame data is in the works (see earlier posts in this thread).

Tanya update (version 1.3) was submitted to Apple last week, and is still in "waiting for review" status. Their reviews have been taking painfully long over the last couple months (I'm guessing due to higher amounts of apps/updates submitted for the Apple Watch), but it should hopefully be approved by the end of the week.

Thanks for checking it out! More updates are on the way :)

SUGATA

Noob
Here is what the frame data will look like. For example, if you tap on Cassie's b1 basic attack, this is the popup you get:

Dude, i bought your Pocket guide - its good, but it needs some features:

1) FRAME DATA:
- it is better to make it in excel tab view with sort ability - then we can to compare different moves
- also it needs an Armor and Range column
- and a Note filed for every move
Detailed and useful (because of sort tab feature) Frame data will be a Buy feature for your guide!
- also very very useful will be to insert a Picture of the strike for every move in the game - it allows to know framedata of the move w/o knowing its command input. Example:
http://virtuafighter.com/commands/list?ver=5fsa&chara=akira

2) COMBOS category:
- besides Custom combos category we need a list of most popular combos for every character and variation (which are already known 80%)
- Combo details must to be divided into some categories:
A. Open space – Meter less:

B. Open space – Enhanced:

C. Open space – X-Ray:

D. Corner – Meter less:

E. Corner – Enhanced:

F. Corner – X-Ray:

G. Combos on Female characters (has smaller Hitbox):

Stay tuned for your updates and hoping to see this 2 features in full details.

Please , tell me what do you think and can do about it - i am personally ready to pay more than 0.9$ for such a guide!

DDustiNN

Dude, i bought your Pocket guide - its good, but it needs some features:

1) FRAME DATA:
- it is better to make it in excel tab view with sort ability - then we can to compare different moves
- also it needs an Armor and Range column
- and a Note filed for every move
Detailed and useful (because of sort tab feature) Frame data will be a Buy feature for your guide!
- also very very useful will be to insert a Picture of the strike for every move in the game - it allows to know framedata of the move w/o knowing its command input. Example:
http://virtuafighter.com/commands/list?ver=5fsa&chara=akira

2) COMBOS category:
- besides Custom combos category we need a list of most popular combos for every character and variation (which are already known 80%)
- Combo details must to be divided into some categories:
A. Open space – Meter less:

B. Open space – Enhanced:

C. Open space – X-Ray:

D. Corner – Meter less:

E. Corner – Enhanced:

F. Corner – X-Ray:

G. Combos on Female characters (has smaller Hitbox):

Stay tuned for your updates and hoping to see this 2 features in full details.

Please , tell me what do you think and can do about it - i am personally ready to pay more than 0.9$ for such a guide!
I am actually trying out different ways to display the frame data. The way I'm entering it should make it easy to display in different ways. I will probably go with the pop-up first since it's already set up, but I have other ideas I'm toying with but haven't got them to work properly yet. For now it will just be the frame data as it is displayed in the game. That alone is a huge amount of work for just one guy, haha. Additional info (like armor and high/low/etc per hit for each combo) is stuff I'm looking at for later. Range and pictures, there's just no way I could do that... I simply don't have nearly the amount of time required (since this is just a hobby, and I already have a full-time job and other responsibilities). I would need to hire a team, lol. Awesome idea though - something I never even considered!

For the custom combos, I like the idea of categories. Currently you are able to label them similarly to what you've listed (number of meter bars, midscreen vs corner), but nothing for different sized characters. That would be good to add. I'll see if I can figure out a way to organize them - I like that idea! I'm keeping a list of ideas and suggestions for future updates.

Thanks for the support and suggestions. I really appreciate it :)

DDustiNN

Version 1.3 finally made it through review, and is now live!

NEW CHARACTER!
- Added Tanya

UPDATES!
- Added a new option for different arrows: ↑↓←→
- Added Reptile’s secret Brutality - Acid Bubble
- Added notation to all Kombo Attacks which cannot be canceled into Special Moves, using a no-cancel icon next to the names
- Added move inputs to the Brutality popup display

FIXES!
- Kano’s Blade Throw changed to df2 as it should be
- Cassie Cage (Brawler) - added meter burn indicator to Target Paint
- Reptile Acid Wash Brutality - fixed typo in requirements
- Fixed a bug that caused “(no entry)” to be displayed when the # of hits textbox was left blank during Kustom Kombo entry. Now leaving this field blank simply omits the number of hits from being saved/displayed in that Kustom Kombo.
- Fixed Shinnok’s Bone Shaper Kombo Attacks

DDustiNN

Hey guys, sorry it's been a while! The past month or so has been pretty hectic. But I'm back into it and working on finishing up that frame data now!

But in the meantime... Version 1.4 is now live on the App Store with some new stuff! Here's the change notes:

NEW CHARACTERS!
- Added Predator
- Added Tremor

SECRET BRUTALITIES!
Added the following hidden Brutalities which are not listed in the game:
- Erron Black - Boom, Headshot!
- Mileena - Deadly Pounce
- Tremor - Rock Bowling
- Tremor - Bad Trip
- Tremor - Tremor Smash!
- Tremor - Hot Shower
- Tremor - Rock-splosion

STAGE BRUTALITIES!
- Added a new entry on the character select screen for Stage Brutalities. Here you'll find a list of every Stage Brutality! Eight total so far, and counting!
- Tapping on each Stage Brutality displays the requirements to perform it.

KLASSIC FATALITIES!
- Added the Klassic Fatalities from packs 1 & 2 (must download the free Klassic Fatality packs to unlock these)

Klassic Fatality Pack 1:
- Scorpion - Toasty
- Sub-Zero - Head Rip
- Johnny Cage - Decap
- Sonya Blade - Kiss Of Death

Klassic Fatality Pack 2:
- Mileena - Man-Eater
- Kitana - Decapitation
- Jax - Arm Rip
- Kung Lao - Hat Split

UPDATES!
- Added Jacqui’s new move Stanky Leg to her Basic Attacks
- Added Raiden combos Supercell and God’s Rage to Master of Storms and Displacer variations

FIXES!
- Fixed Mileena’s Low Pounce and High Pounce (Ravenous) moves to display the correct inputs

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Loving the addition of the stage brutalities! I think there is an error with the Blanche Beatdown though. In the menu it says you hold Down which is correct but when you check the requirements it says that you have to hold Fwd which is the same as the explosion fatality

DDustiNN

Loving the addition of the stage brutalities! I think there is an error with the Blanche Beatdown though. In the menu it says you hold Down which is correct but when you check the requirements it says that you have to hold Fwd which is the same as the explosion fatality
That is correct. The input display is the correct version. There is a typo in the requirements (when you tap on the Brutality) which I noticed the other day. I'll be submitting a quick fix tonight :)

Glad you're enjoying it!