What's new

MKXL Pocket Guide -- v2.0 on the App Store -- New characters, Stage Fatalities, Secret Brutalities

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So along with frame data, what else would you guys like to see in future updates? I have about 5 new features in the works already, with frame data being #1, but I'm always looking for more feedback!
Ability to highlight moves (like in training mode) with their frame data, name, input, etc. Will help people who make videos to not have to go in to the in game menu but just check their phone instead.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Hey dude, I have some more suggestions.
1. Add quick jump to chapters in the top - to kombos, fatalities and others. Like you wahtc combos while playing and fast switch to view fatality at the end.
2. This might come with your frame data update - but the most important info is if kombo cancels or not, and maybe add block info. On screenshot I added XX(cancels) combo example;
I liked the idea for #1 and even considered it in the beginning. I looked at a top switcher like you suggested, as well as the iOS standard tabs at the bottom of the screen, but I felt like they both took up too much screen real estate, especially on the smaller screen iPhone 4. I liked being able to see more moves on-screen at a time, and scrolling is quick. (That's also why fatalities and special highlights are at the top - when you hear "Finish Him!" there's no fumbling - just tap the title bar at the top of the screen and it scrolls all the way up for you). I'll keep it in consideration and see if I can think of a quick way that doesn't take up too much room.

As for #2, block info will be included with the frame data, but I didn't think about a cancel notation. I love that idea! Is there a way to tell (in-game) which combos cancel? Or is it just from testing?

Thanks for your thoughts!

DDustiNN

Ability to highlight moves (like in training mode) with their frame data, name, input, etc. Will help people who make videos to not have to go in to the in game menu but just check their phone instead.
Hmm that sounds awesome... Any suggestions on how you'd like to see it? I'm already using the tap gesture on each cell to display the frame data. Just trying to think of how I could implement it and what it would look like. Thanks for the tip!

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hmm that sounds awesome... Any suggestions on how you'd like to see it? I'm already using the tap gesture on each cell to display the frame data. Just trying to think of how I could implement it and what it would look like. Thanks for the tip!
Maybe the same way that it works in game, like being able to "favorite" a move and it'll display on a separate list.

DDustiNN

Maybe the same way that it works in game, like being able to "favorite" a move and it'll display on a separate list.
Damn, I wish I had thought of that from the beginning, haha. I have an idea of how I could do it, it's just a matter of getting it to work :)

Highlighting the moves themselves would be super easy. But the separate list will be tricky.

I'll add it to my list though! I really like that idea a lot. Thanks.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Damn, I wish I had thought of that from the beginning, haha. I have an idea of how I could do it, it's just a matter of getting it to work :)

Highlighting the moves themselves would be super easy. But the separate list will be tricky.

I'll add it to my list though! I really like that idea a lot. Thanks.
Yeah it would be great for us video makers when trying to make a tutorial or the likes. Anyways keep up the good work.

Snoop

hey
As for #2, block info will be included with the frame data, but I didn't think about a cancel notation. I love that idea! Is there a way to tell (in-game) which combos cancel? Or is it just from testing?
This is really easy; In frame data "cancel" must be >0; So if you will just add ALL frame data - this will be enough for cancel too

As for #1; it can be on any place, not only on top;

And idea with favorites is really good too!

Last edited:

DDustiNN

This is really easy; In frame data "cancel" must be >0; So if you will just add ALL frame data - this will be enough for cancel too

Ah I see, thanks! Yes, the frame data will include everything shown on the in-game screen.

I can add an emoji icon next to the cancel combos to indicate them, similar to how I put a fire icon next to meter burn moves. ⛔❌ those are a few I see on quick glance. (I'm on my phone so I hope these are even showing up for you, lol)

EDIT: Ah, nope, they disappeared. I only see two of the four I posted. I'll just throw up some screenshots later for suggestions!

DDustiNN

Here is what the frame data will look like. For example, if you tap on Cassie's b1 basic attack, this is the popup you get:

DDustiNN

Then for the cancels, how about something like this... What I did here was denote the combos that cannot be canceled. It seemed to make more sense that way, given the symbol choices. Here are a couple examples... Which symbol is better?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Then for the cancels, how about something like this... What I did here was denote the combos that cannot be canceled. It seemed to make more sense that way, given the symbol choices. Here are a couple examples... Which symbol is better?

The second one is more obvious what it means IMO but the first one looks better heh

Snoop

hey
I think both are good! And I suddenly have 1 more suggestion. Move type (mid/low/etc) is also really important, and maybe you can add it near the name too (for example first letters - L,M,H,O)

Edit: I have idea with customization about all this; Make checkboxes in options menu to select which of frame data to display. And display it near move with slashes. So, for example, you will be able to select cancel and move type as i mentioned above (like 25/L). And maybe the other day you will need to see just block advantages and so just check only them

Last edited:

DDustiNN

The second one is more obvious what it means IMO but the first one looks better heh
Those were my exact thoughts too, haha... I keep going back and forth and the first one seems to stand out better.

DDustiNN

I think both are good! And I suddenly have 1 more suggestion. Move type (mid/low/etc) is also really important, and maybe you can add it near the name too (for example first letters - L,M,H,O)

Edit: I have idea with customization about all this; Make checkboxes in options menu to select which of frame data to display. And display it near move with slashes. So, for example, you will be able to select cancel and move type as i mentioned above (like 25/L). And maybe the other day you will need to see just block advantages and so just check only them
These ideas are great! The first one about the move type would be relatively easy, though I'd just need to figure out a way to make sure things don't end up looking too cluttered. The frame data selection option is really interesting, but would require a ton of work to implement, so I wouldn't expect that any time soon, lol. It's definitely going on my research list though!

Keep the suggestions coming! This is good stuff!

DDustiNN

@Snoop
I ended up going with the second option, except I spaced it out a bit more. So it's gonna look like this:

Thanks for the idea! Working on more frame data for now, so this is the perfect time to add it.

I ended up playing a bit last night and I was using a character that I didn't add these to yet, and I really missed it, lol. Turns out that's very useful when trying to put together new combos!

DDustiNN

So, I already have all of the Krypt locations for unlocking each Brutality (see the screenshots in the OP), but one of my friends just suggested that I also add the price of them (Koins).

Do you guys think this would be worth adding, or is the location enough?

I appreciate the input!

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So, I already have all of the Krypt locations for unlocking each Brutality (see the screenshots in the OP), but one of my friends just suggested that I also add the price of them (Koins).

Do you guys think this would be worth adding, or is the location enough?

I appreciate the input!
the more info the better IMO

DDustiNN

Forgot to say... If you guys like it, please leave a review on the App Store! Much appreciated :)

Version 1.2 should be live any day (details earlier in the thread). Version 1.3 will be submitted the day Tanya is released, and will include her, along with uncancellable move annotations shown a few posts back, and.... maybe.... frame data! Although if I don't have the frame data completed by then, it'll be in version 1.4 for sure. We'll see if this long weekend is enough, haha!

DDustiNN

12 days later... version 1.2 is finally out of review and available on the App Store!

Change notes as follows:

UPDATES!
- Kustom Kombos are now FULLY EDITABLE while entering them! Simply tap inside the Kombo Input box, and now you are free to backspace if you make an error, reorganize, or add any additional symbols or notes you’d like (such as your preferred annotation for EX moves, run, njp, jip, xx or ~ for Cancels, etc). Or you can even copy/paste a sweet combo you found online! Note that the on-screen buttons provided still function the same way as before, so you still have quick access to the same formatting and symbols used in the Moves Lists.
- Updated help screen with new Kustom Kombo functionality
- Updated all character bios to match current in-game descriptions

FIXES!
- Kung Lao (Tempest) - changed Tornado move title to blue text
- Goro Shokan Flame Brutality - fixed %@ typo in requirements
- Fixed an error that prevented some of Kitana’s Basic Attacks from displaying
- Added character descriptions for Goro and Jason

CHANGES! (for May 14th Patch Update)
- Kitana - new Basic Attack, Pretty Kick, b3
- Kitana - can now perform x-ray in air
- Mileena - can now perform x-ray in air
- Quan Chi (Warlock) - Portal Slam combo removed
- Quan Chi (Warlock) - new special move, Portal Scoop, df1
- Shinnok - old b3 Basic Attack (Shin Kick) is now f4
- Shinnok - new b3 Basic Attack: Devious Heel
- Shinnok (Necromancer) - new location controls for Judgment Smash and Judgment Fist

DDustiNN

For version 1.2 release, I am giving out 5 free promo codes to TYM members, first-come first-serve.

PEN644KYTPKX
FJ334JF6RAJR
T76X9XPNJ499
KLT4LFL7FPTT
PJ73PYT6R66J

Redeemable on the App Store (must have an iTunes account).

Enjoy!

(Please post that you've claimed a code, just so everyone else knows it's used)

DDustiNN

Version 1.3 has been submitted to the App Store - release notes below:

----------------------------------------------------------------

NEW CHARACTER!
- Added Tanya

UPDATES!
- Added a new option for different arrows: ↑↓←→
- Added Reptile’s secret Brutality - Acid Bubble
- Added notation to all Kombo Attacks which cannot be canceled into Special Moves, using a no-cancel icon next to the names
- Added move inputs to the Brutality popup display

FIXES!
- Kano’s Blade Throw changed to df2 as it should be
- Cassie Cage (Brawler) - added meter burn indicator to Target Paint
- Reptile Acid Wash Brutality - fixed typo in requirements
- Fixed a bug that caused “(no entry)” to be displayed when the # of hits textbox was left blank during Kustom Kombo entry. Now leaving this field blank simply omits the number of hits from being saved/displayed in that Kustom Kombo.
- Fixed Shinnok’s Bone Shaper Kombo Attacks

----------------------------------------------------------------

Version 1.4 will finally include Frame Data! Almost ready.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
This is a great app! I can't applaud it enough really.

I do have one issue and I could be just missing it but where's is the delete button on the custom combos section? I keep inputting the notations wrong and can't find how to delete them without starting over.

10/10 though man, the app is really helpful.

DDustiNN

Never mind, the keyboard just popped up for me (embarresedface)

I vote 11/10
Ha, glad you found it! Yeah you can just tap inside the input box, then you can delete, as well as type (or even copy/paste a combo you found online).

In version 1.3, which is currently waiting for review at Apple, I added a note on that screen that says "tap inside to edit" so it's clearer.

I'm glad you like it!! Thanks for checking it out :D