What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
So the Hot Shot JC Skin eludes me. I played with a friend online and got a 10 streak on SKOTH, but no skin. So idk who reported that but it wasn't because of the streak as far as I know. Unless you have to beat the king first, I started as King, then it doesn't work
Has to be a public match. I tried with a friend the other night but we kept getting in grey bar players who crashed the room. Seriously I've had 9 streaks 3 times when I get the bug where everyone but me gets DC'd or it freezes between matches. This skin is my goddamn white whale

infamy23

FireBeard
Kitana
  • Dark Empress
    (Complete 10 Living Towers)
This is false.

I went for this unlock today, and I did at least 20 living towers without getting the unlock. Then I read that it may have something to do with fatalities.

I did a living tower, and did a fatality in 5 out of 6 matches, did not get it.

Then I did another living tower, and did a fatality on all 6 matches, and it unlocked.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Attention!

Fellow people with online scores resetting, I managed to get Revenant Liu Kang by doing ranked matches continuously. That means NO looking at your stats, and NO quitting the game. I'm pretty sure the score resets every time you look, so I'm not sure if you can't quit the game, but to make sure, just do them all in a row. I was playing another game while I waited for a match, if that helps with waiting.

For the record, I didn't really get long win streaks, so that doesn't matter.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
This is false.

I went for this unlock today, and I did at least 20 living towers without getting the unlock. Then I read that it may have something to do with fatalities.

Then I did another living tower, and did a fatality on all 6 matches, and it unlocked.
You do 10-15 tower challenges. You don't have to send them to friends...just complete them.

Attention!

Fellow people with online scores resetting, I managed to get Revenant Liu Kang by doing ranked matches continuously. That means NO looking at your stats, and NO quitting the game. I'm pretty sure the score resets every time you look, so I'm not sure if you can't quit the game, but to make sure, just do them all in a row. I was playing another game while I waited for a match, if that helps with waiting.

For the record, I didn't really get long win streaks, so that doesn't matter.
Can't even back out of looking for an opponent?

Ugh. I have over 50 wins, over 70 matches played just spent over an hour getting 11 wins in one lobby and still no Hot Shot Johnny. This is really infuriating.

Edit: In survivor

This is false.

thank you, I tried this out and it worked... just do a fatality on everyone in a living tower...

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Can't even back out of looking for an opponent?
That's fine. I've had matches disconnect as well, which does the same thing. I didn't go out of online though, so I don't know if that would mess it up. Though I'm guessing you just can't check out your online stats, or it'll stop counting/reset.

Is there any chance to get farmer jax except mobile game? And what do you think classic jax would look like ? Mk2 or mk3?

Is there any chance to get farmer jax except mobile game? And what do you think classic jax would look like ? Mk2 or mk3?
Considering his Tournament Skin is based off of Mortal Kombat (2011), which is based off of Mortal Kombat 3, I'd expect Mortal Kombat II.

And Farmer Jax is only available via the mobile game right now.

kevkopdx

Noob
That's fine. I've had matches disconnect as well, which does the same thing. I didn't go out of online though, so I don't know if that would mess it up. Though I'm guessing you just can't check out your online stats, or it'll stop counting/reset.
i went offline, i only played ranked here and there over a week and it unlocked on my 26th... that includes checking stats, playing other modes, etc
i think, unfortunately, some of these are bugged for some ppl. i got a 9 streak in survivor, no johnny, then i got a 10 streak and voilá, it unlocked

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Revenenat Kung Lao I believe is around 26 total KOTH wins. I joined a random room with a random guy and I jobbed to him for 10 losses and he got hotshot. then I beat him 10 and it unlocked.
What gets me is some people having 4-5 skins and then others only get 2. Ermac's alt is ehhh :(. I want Klassic.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
This is false.

naw brah.....its the 3 living towers do them all get gold. Did it first try.

Have a stick with the ability to turn on turbo buttons. You'll be able to do the entire Test Your Might tower in under a minute and get the best skin in the game, in my opinion.....Revenant Sub Zero.
For PS4, first, I unplug the controller so the wire isn't in the way. Then I turn the controller at a slight angle and hold it so that my right thumb hits the 3+4 buttons simultaneously and my left thumb hits the 1+2 buttons simultaneously. This gives me pretty good speed build-up and I use either a left finger or my knee to hit R2 when I am in the green.

The 10th stage is pretty tough though. I let the counter go down to about 5 or 6 seconds left before I even start. Mash buttons as hard as possible and try to get into the green when the counter runs out and you auto strike.

That's how I did it.

For PS4, first, I unplug the controller so the wire isn't in the way. Then I turn the controller at a slight angle and hold it so that my right thumb hits the 3+4 buttons simultaneously and my left thumb hits the 1+2 buttons simultaneously. This gives me pretty good speed build-up and I use either a left finger or my knee to hit R2 when I am in the green.

The 10th stage is pretty tough though. I let the counter go down to about 5 or 6 seconds left before I even start. Mash buttons as hard as possible and try to get into the green when the counter runs out and you auto strike.

That's how I did it.
FYI the pen method someone mentioned several posts up worked absolutely great.

I haven't cleared that area out enough to know. Those fuckin spiders man. ffffuck. :(
I had trouble with spiders at first because I would hit a button right away and it would be the wrong button. Yet, you have plenty of time to hit a button once a spider attacks. So, as long as you don't panic, it should be fine, just keep your fingers from the buttons until after the spider attacks. There's plenty of time to pick the right button. I like spider attacks now= free koins!

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Ugh. I have over 50 wins, over 70 matches played just spent over an hour getting 11 wins in one lobby and still no Hot Shot Johnny. This is really infuriating.

Edit: In survivor
Idk, I just got it today with a 6 game win-streak in SKOTH.

Is it glitched on how many wins?

Either way, I'm lucky to have it, considering how many people have tried and haven't unlocked it yet.

:cool:

Franky, I would think it is probably between either: a) never, it will be mobile only, or b) yes, but not for a pretty long time (like maybe Ultimate Edition). NRS obviously wants to promote their mobile game, so I doubt they'd be in a big hurry to make the mobile exclusives available some other way anytime soon, else why make them mobile exclusives to begin with?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so has anybody else had luck with his rev kung lao skin....ive played and won well over 30 damn matches on koth and still no skin...do i have to be using kung lao or something?

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Got the last skin I needed: Revenant Kung Lao. Got him at a 20 win streak. I'm a bit pissed right now, cause I was at a 26 win streak, this guy came in and defeated me with D'Vorah (whom I pretty much have zero experience fighting against), then left (what's the point?). I wanted the 30 win streak background, I'm a bit of a completionist. Damn it.