What's new

Discussion MKXL Full Patch Notes plus Kombat Kast Recap by @MK_REO

loogie

Noob
Mileena's b1 being changed to a high I can understand. But Kotal's? Now he has no mids. I wonder what this is gonna change.
f1 was so underrated... it has more range than b1 too...
biggest nerf to Kotal is the absence of an armored ex overhead ... he will get pressured now in WarGod on knockdowns, with only ex low swipe bailing him out, and that on whiff is death (if opponent crosses up)
out of the 3 variations, I feel SunGod is the lead variation now.
Overall, Kotal seems to have dropped a tier now with zoning also being more viable with a lot of characters + system changes

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah he definitely needs to be careful and more mind games heavy. I wish they changed the block breaker requirement and the ex throws mid combo from being tech-able. 1 bar for a universal restand is reasonable to me.
Yeah. Characters like Scorpion who had to guess or die pre path can get off the ground if they have bar which is nice. I think the changes to the pace of the game, the new D1, nerfs to offense, nerfs to top tiers, etc will allow Sub-Zero to not rely 100% on the corner and be able to play effectively midscreen as well. Plus the corner game is still very strong, we just may not get to mix all day vs some characters.

Down 2

Noob
Kotal players can't be serious.. With all the normalizations across the board they couldn't expect to keep that bull. But on topic, the Jax nerfs hit pretty hard but pumped up looks like the go to since it has the best armor.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Kotal players can't be serious.. With all the normalizations across the board they couldn't expect to keep that bull. But on topic, the Jax nerfs hit pretty hard but pumped up looks like the go to since it has the best armor.
A Kotal nerf was to be expected, true, but that might have been too much.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Hmm, so the idea is to delete all armors except 1, and it's a super armor absorbing 2 hits and has no launcher.
1 armor per character isn't bad but 2 hits blocked kills some stategies to beat armors.

And why the hell cyber EX knifes was nerfed?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Hmm, so the idea is to delete all armors except 1, and it's a super armor absorbing 2 hits and has no launcher.
1 armor per character isn't bad but 2 hits blocked kills some stategies to beat armors.

They were? Fuck.

Hope it is a typo because it is not attached to Cyber... anyone checked the patch yet?

This is the worst community that I have ever seen. Kotal is fine, Alien is fine, Mileena is also fine. Come back after a month of playing with new patch and tell me if your character is still dead. I was SURE that no armor on ex flip would kill Cassie, it didn't. You'll all be fine, the game is less braindead now. More neutral is always better. NRS is finally learning how to make fighting games. Im hyped. Btw b1 as a high for Kotal and Mileena is the best part od the patch. Less guessing and yolo specials.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I found it funny, everyone at NRS was laughing on stream when Overexagerating fans where claiming a character OP broke or Top or Bottom tier. they wehre laughing at the fact that people are allready making tier list facts before they even get the full vision of the changes or that capability to try anything out, develop new MU numbers, or LEarn the new Mechanic or even see how everyone does in this new version of the game. ybut yeah tottally X character is Top or Bottom because of a nerf we havent even test right.
Serves them right for asking for nerfs and buffs bullshit. Leave them be to cry in their rooms.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
This is the worst community that I have ever seen. Kotal is fine, Alien is fine, Mileena is also fine. Come back after a month of playing with new patch and tell me if your character is still dead. I was SURE that no armor on ex flip would kill Cassie, it didn't. You'll all be fine, the game is less braindead now. More neutral is always better. NRS is finally learning how to make fighting games. Im hyped. Btw b1 as a high for Kotal and Mileena is the best part od the patch. Less guessing and yolo specials.
Recently I had a hard time to agree with You in certain areas when it comes down to MK, but here I do agree 100% with You man. Well said, now this game may feel more like a competitive FG.

E

Eldriken

I'm not so salty about the b1 change. I guess I just never used f1 by itself enough. That's gonna change. I'm looking forward to labbing this shit.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@ROG Moonspell yeah, appreciated it

You can now play Hat Trick and compete in the same game thanks to your great neutral skill. Great changes overall. MKX still lives!!!
Yeah, I was fuckin with Ronin for the past 2 months and I got sick of him. Now the real game starts on. We will see how the table win spin :D

E

Eldriken

It's officially October 4th so it should be live by now but it's not, They sure are taking their damn time.
Patches normally don't go live the second the date changes. Sony's servers have to update and then distribute the patch.