What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah MKXL Dvorah Discussion Thread

G4S Pharaoh

No limit
Lets talk about the Kytinn Queen. Since MKXL, she's gotten alot better. Here, lets talk tech, combos, vent about her pressure, and talk about anything relevant to Dvorah and her gameplan as of the changes that came with MKXL

MKXL Changes
  • D'Vorah - Increased the damage of Ovipositor Charge & Ovipositor Rush by 2
  • D'Vorah - Ovipositor Rush now has 14 startup frames (down from 20)
  • D'Vorah - Ovipositor Rush is now -17 on block (down from -12)
  • D'Vorah - Away+FK is now a high block and +11 on block (up from +2 and a mid)
  • D'Vorah - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -11 on block (down from -15)
  • D’Vorah (Swarm Queen) - increased combo damage scaling after dash cancelling out of Wasp Grenade
  • D'Vorah (Brood Mother) - reduced the cooldown on Krawler to 3 seconds (down from 4)
  • D'Vorah (Venomous) - Bug Spray &Bug Burst is now max -23 on block and +12 on hit (down from -20 on block and +15 on hit)

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
She seems extremely strong. Seems as though she is likely the strongest character in the game. If Alien did what she did I think people will still be constantly complaining, she just isn't under the microscope at the moment

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I messed with Brood Mother she is really fun here's a couple setups I use I didn't continue to lab after this so if anyone has better versions I'll b really glad to check them out

-
-

She seems extremely strong. Seems as though she is likely the strongest character in the game. If Alien did what she did I think people will still be constantly complaining, she just isn't under the microscope at the moment
Don't say unnecessary things. If you really believe that list what makes her contend for top character in the game.

I GOT HANDS

Don't say unnecessary things. If you really believe that list what makes her contend for top character in the game.
lol its not unnecessary I'm stating an opinion lightly to get discussion kicked off, I don't need to go into heavy super detail on absolutely everything especially when its a pretty obvious statement

ill elaborate as I feel the need

your post was by far much more unnecessary and contributed absolute zilch

lol its not unnecessary I'm stating an opinion lightly to get discussion kicked off, I don't need to go into heavy super detail on absolutely everything especially when its a pretty obvious statement

ill elaborate as I feel the need

your post was by far much more unnecessary and contributed absolute zilch
It's a discussion, and I'm wanting to know the reasoning behind your opinion that;s all I meant. That's why I was hoping for you to go into "heavy super detail". What do you mean by pretty obvious statement exactly? I won't continue responding to the rest of your post, because I really do want to understand why you think she has what it takes to be #1 in this game.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
is she number one? i don't know about that, top 10 definitely. is she broke? not really. sure she has plus frames but she's a rushdown character without any launching specials (puddle doesnt count, only thing u can combo into it from is 212) her pokes are all pretty slow though she has good range. does she have some dirt? mostly in the corner yeah, but then again theres a lot of dirt in this game, and then especially in the corner? people who complain about puddle, its a slow move. you can react to it and do something about it just about anywhere outside of the corner, and even on oki you still have the ability to armor out in the corner. If she tries it as a sort of mind game mid pressure you can easily cross her up on reaction.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
That's like saying Dragon's Fire Liu can't get meterless damage despite him being able to hit confirm ANY string into FBRC, 113.
well she doesnt exactly reversal and get a combo off of that now does she? its a minor thing, just felt like pointing it out.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Neither did pre patch Summoner. Any other excuses?

nah but seriously i wouldnt say she's OP like some are making her out to be. I mean pressure characters are generally safer in there mixups than non pressure characters are usually.

some of you guys sound like you won't be happy unless her ovipositors get chopped off, her puddle becomes +1 and her f112 wgc becomes negative, lol.

Last edited:

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

nah but seriously i wouldnt say she's OP like some are making her out to be. I mean pressure characters are generally safer in there mixups than non pressure characters are usually.

some of you guys sound like you won't be happy unless her ovipositors get chopped off, her puddle becomes +1 and her f112 wgc becomes negative, lol.
I don't believe she's broken and noone here has really said that unless I'm mistaken. She's a contender for top 5 though imo, she's just been flying under the radar for some time because the last set of top tiers were much more broken than she'll ever be.

That doesn't mean she's definitive top 1 or anything, she just has the potential.

I GOT HANDS

I don't believe she's broken and noone here has really said that unless I'm mistaken. She's a contender for top 5 though imo, she's just been flying under the radar for some time because the last set of top tiers were much more broken than she'll ever be.

That doesn't mean she's definitive top 1 or anything, she just has the potential.
exactly ^^ too early to call anything also the characters are SO much closer together than they've ever been. However, I do think at the moment DVorah is just a neck above the rest, she was top tier in MKX and when MKXL came and nerfed down everything above her, while giving her buffs to her main weakness, I think it's become a little too much. AMAZING reach on everything, great pokes, fast normals, 40% for a bar midscreen off her 50/50's, FBC pressure as good as Hellfire's, and now her armor is no longer breakable... like, literally the only thing she doesn't have is an armored launcher, but neither does most the cast its certainly not a prequisite as Tile already said, and the members with armored launchers seem to always make sacrifices elsewhere in return

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
so how do i deal with jason in Swarm Queen i feel like he gets a free Scramble everytime he knocks me away because dvorah doesnt really have anything that'll hit him in time. Will puddle? i tried running in but it didnt work...maybe its just online?

so how do i deal with jason in Swarm Queen i feel like he gets a free Scramble everytime he knocks me away because dvorah doesnt really have anything that'll hit him in time. Will puddle? i tried running in but it didnt work...maybe its just online?
When you say scramble is that the running hook he does? If it's not armored keep him true with d3 and d4. On hot either go for pressure or puddle then pressure.