What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Play Bartitsu and get put out of the range of your F1. You'll see why people think he's bottom.
hey guys i went through my depression allready ;)

i get what you are saying with bo, but honestly im doing fine with him. im sure people like sonic fox would destroy me. but im playing a few locals and online, im doing fine with Bartitsu. and i don't use my F11/F112 unless im in range. so i don't know but im sure he is super punishable on wiff.

but who isn't. i get he has slow frames but isn't aliens damn close to his frames. like isn't F34 aliens oh like 18+ frames on startup. and bo's mixup[ around 14-18 frames for low or oh mixup.

the way i see it. if you use his moves at the right time. he is very unpredictable and almost garanteed to open you up.

now on to Cyrax
ok im back... im not breaking 40 with him anymore but im trying to adjust to this. i really do think net should come back in combos.

but i have found a way to do 60% HTB combos.

if they don't backdash or armor the HTB then they take 60% or more damage in one attempt.

on the bombs you can only do 4.

and he is in the range of 30% meterless and 36% metered that i can find as of now.

his combos are much more input heavy for casuals. but it seems he can do something with his tools to overcome most matchups.

he isn't dead.

it sucks but we can pull this shit together.

Cyrax is my Favorite Robot, with that said. ill be posting every tech i come up with in Vids on this.

seems like there is no looping reset, and no looping HTB's anymore, which is fine.

one thing i do think he needs is launching armor. but wouldn't know how to carry them without net after wards to set up hover bombs.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Whats the max damage anyone has gotten off a Htb? I've got I think 27% through a simple htb and 31% with a bar but I'm not that creative.
So b2, low bomb situation, njp, 4, db4 = 27%
b2/lowbomb situation, njp, 4 exdb4, 4, db4, 31%. So techically that's 62% for 1 bar and a hard to blockable, 58% no bar.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Also how would one feasible catch an opponent with a raw b2? Wait, has anyone tried seeing what happens if you go for the b2, low bomb situation adn they block the low bomb. Can you still net after that?

MadeOfMetal

Whats the max damage anyone has gotten off a Htb? I've got I think 27% through a simple htb and 31% with a bar but I'm not that creative.
b2/lowbomb situation, njp, 4 exdb4, 4, db4, 31%. So techically that's 62% for 1 bar and a hard to blockable, 58% no bar.
yeah we aren't getting much anymore. that scaling is horrendous.

but im sure we can fiond some way to do something.

i think we need to start combos off of EX buzz saw, and then the damage climbs from there. seems alot safer than using net for starters. cuz that equals pain.

this feels to me like if i played mileena it would be the equivalent of making roll not work during combo. or lao spin not work in combo.

im struggling with this but trying to work it out.

as of blocked low bomb, you can use net it only stops it if you successfully connect with the bomb.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
yeah we aren't getting much anymore. that scaling is horrendous.

but im sure we can fiond some way to do something.

i think we need to start combos off of EX buzz saw, and then the damage climbs from there. seems alot safer than using net for starters. cuz that equals pain.

this feels to me like if i played mileena it would be the equivalent of making roll not work during combo. or lao spin not work in combo.

im struggling with this but trying to work it out.

as of blocked low bomb, you can use net it only stops it if you successfully connect with the bomb.
Just tested this and you're right. It stops being a hard to blockable because it's predictable (kinda) but if you make them block the bomb first you can b2 into more damage. That's something right?

MadeOfMetal

Just tested this and you're right. It stops being a hard to blockable because it's predictable (kinda) but if you make them block the bomb first you can b2 into more damage. That's something right?
yeah you can full screen net them drop low bomb and rc to jip oh 1 frame link . that works to. and just B1-2+4 on top of low bomb works,m as well as B2 but i usually use the 14 frame b1 instead of the 35 frame B2

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
yeah you can full screen net them drop low bomb and rc to jip oh 1 frame link . that works to. and just B1-2+4 on top of low bomb works,m as well as B2 but i usually use the 14 frame b1 instead of the 35 frame B2
I use b2 because it launches. Well I used to use b2 for that so it's a habit.

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
This is a seriously question about the b2 close bomb Htb. People are saying you could backdash or do other things pre patch to escape, but I was under the assumption that if you caught them max height with a net all they could do was block right or use an armor with invincibility or a X-ray.

I'm asking because I have some set ups in working on that still use that htb. And I want to make sure their options are limited.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
This is a seriously question about the b2 close bomb Htb. People are saying you could backlash or do other things pre patch, I was under the assumption that if you caught them max height with a net all they could do was block right or use an armor with invincibility or a X-ray.

I'm asking because I have some set ups in working on that still use that htb. And I want to make sure their options are limited.
If done at max height, then yes. You can only armor out.

huh

Noob
HTB: dd3, b3d4, njp, d3u4~db4 30% meterless

huh

Noob

33% meterless uugghh
That will be the new BNB I think

I was testing it, and you can take out the B2 at the end, going directly to 4~dd3 after the NJP, and the damage is still 33%.
Do you think is there any specific advantage on doing the b2? (better spacing for the HKD?). Or we can just cut it to make it easier?

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

I was testing it, and you can take out the B2 at the end, going directly to 4~dd3 after the NJP, and the damage is still 33%.
Do you think is there any specific advantage on doing the b2? (better spacing for the HKD?). Or we can just cut it to make it easier?
Hmm... so excluding B2 does the same damage? I could just end it with 4-dd3 of NJK-dd3 instead. May as well make it easier.

Reactions: huh

huh

Noob
Did anyone come up with something good after a f21~net, moving backwards?

The best I can do is

f21~bf1, dd2, f21 db2, JB4, dd2, 4 db2, JB4, dd3, wb, 21~db3, NJP, (wb, b2), 4~db4 - 27% Meterless (net on ground, moving backwards)

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
yeah you can switch the meterless bnb around a bunch of different ways and it's still 33%. so as long as you are getting 33% and end with a bomb on the ground just do whatever is easiest for you.

This is kinda a gimmick, but I love to force people to block the htb that they hate for getting us nerfed. You could do this before but never would because damage was not even close to an issue.

It's 45% 1 bar if you get the entire thing. 43% off of a 50/50. Is safe on block. And if you spend 2 bars You can get around 50%. You can also opt for less damage and end with a bomb on the screen.

You can also do something similar for 40% meterless off a raw NJP.
If you NJP rc 4 net you can do the same htb and when done right they cannot backdash or armor to get out.

Last edited:

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left

How the fuck do you get two DF2 bombs in a row there at the beginning? Everytime I do this they bounce right back in my face and go over my head causing a side switch. I can't be the only one with this problem.