What's new

Combo List - Cyrax MKXL Cyrax Combo Thread *NEW 29th March PATCH*

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I completely agree @GhostTuna420 it's just that i'm more emo than anything about the damage scaling, i'm fine with everything else now. But i just don't see the reason to nerf his damage scaling.
The max 1 bar damage after f2 is now:
F21 xx EX DB1, Dash, 4 xx BF1, DD2, Run Cancel, 4 xx DB2, BackDash, 4 xx DD2, JBK, DB2, NJP, DD3, JBK, DF3, D2, DF3, F34, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 36% 1 bar.
This combo was made by @AirCheezy217 iirc so thanks to him for the combo above.
The above combo will be put in OP.
You see what i mean? That's terrible scaling man.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
I'm not a Cyrax main, I found this after like 10 minutes and I know you guys can get bigger damage. I don't understand how sacking one bar after a confirm to get an un-blockable reset that can add up to over 50% would be considered bad at all. He can still land hard knockdowns and set up un-blockables just fine. I'm glad to see people still using him, but the knee-jerk reaction to Cyrax being "ruined" or "un-viable" is literally the exact reaction we got from the community when Tanya got nerfed after CEO--and we all know how garbage tier she was then, right?

No offense but that reset didn't look unblockable at all lol.

GhostTuna420

TKO-Ghost-Tuna
@xxFalcon Loverxx I'm sure the damage scaling may seem weird but I'm certain there's a reason behind it. For all we know the guys at NRS found something busted after some experimenting and felt the need to. If he ends a combo with a net he can still set up the low bomb and then do b1 (I see a lot of people doing b2, but you can get an njp off b1 and in the event they block it you're only -1). A small 25-30% combo into another 20-30% combo that it's next to impossible to prevent getting hit by while only have to spend a bar is not bad at all.

Personally I think they should've maybe done something with his gravity to make his 50% meterless combos impossible, but what can you do now? I doubt he'll get a re-buff but honestly I'm just happy they did away with that stupid infinite net into bomb loop. I was debating just dropping the game because I had actually lost matches to people doing just that. Also when I saw a Cyrax player not using it I just got even more pissed because I knew they were going easy on me lol

So the nerf doesn't actually mean 3 bombs total like it says? instead it's actually 4 of each kind? Well that's quite a different story then.

Air net into a low bomb / OH has never been a hard to blockable midscreen setup. You don't even need to block it.

xxFalcon Loverxx

@xxFalcon Loverxx I'm sure the damage scaling may seem weird but I'm certain there's a reason behind it. For all we know the guys at NRS found something busted after some experimenting and felt the need to. If he ends a combo with a net he can still set up the low bomb and then do b1 (I see a lot of people doing b2, but you can get an njp off b1 and in the event they block it you're only -1). A small 25-30% combo into another 20-30% combo that it's next to impossible to prevent getting hit by while only have to spend a bar is not bad at all.

Personally I think they should've maybe done something with his gravity to make his 50% meterless combos impossible, but what can you do now? I doubt he'll get a re-buff but honestly I'm just happy they did away with that stupid infinite net into bomb loop. I was debating just dropping the game because I had actually lost matches to people doing just that. Also when I saw a Cyrax player not using it I just got even more pissed because I knew they were going easy on me lol
The thing was that his 50% meterless were sooooooooooo impractical, if that's what people were whining about, they need to realize that the block button exists lmao.

GhostTuna420

TKO-Ghost-Tuna
So the nerf doesn't actually mean 3 bombs total like it says? instead it's actually 4 of each kind? Well that's quite a different story then.

Air net into a low bomb / OH has never been a hard to blockable midscreen setup. You don't even need to block it.
So basically bad tech spread around the internet and TYM resulted in a nerf? Wow, that speaks volumes.

GhostTuna420

TKO-Ghost-Tuna
The thing was that his 50% meterless were sooooooooooo impractical, if that's what people were whining about, they need to realize that the block button exists lmao.
The 50% ones were, but if you started with an opener into net you could still get over 45% meterless for free. You should check out SDV Kayy9's pre-patch combo vids

Yup, armor, backdash, and jumping out have always worked against this setup unless you're in the corner.

Meterless damage on super long and crazy multi hit combos are barely cracking 30% now.

Someone test the damage on this. Any string into net, NJP / jip D2. If you don't sacrifice significant damage by just doing that instead of a BnB multi bomb combo, then F this.

xxFalcon Loverxx

The 50% ones were, but if you started with an opener into net you could still get over 45% meterless for free. You should check out SDV Kayy9's pre-patch combo vids
Ok, i'll check 'em out later, but the "45% meterless for free" you're talking about starts off JIP, 4 xx BF1, which is not really a good starter, it never works, if you're playing a decent player, he'll anti-air you for that and not only that s4 has really short range, also not hit confirm-able.

SOULWARRIOR 71K

XBL: SOULWARRIOR 71K PSN: SOULWARRIOR71K
Turns out you can jump out too. Whoops lol
Yup, the original low bomb/b2 mixup was escapable/blockable but it worked a good portion of the time. But now there's no point in attempting that reset because you can't loop it back into s4 net as well as the fact that the net disappears so quickly.

Levaranoia

War God
I would not be surprised if they revert back some of these changes for Cyrax. I can sorta understand nerfing him a bit only because if you actually got caught and comboed the combos were so long and the opponent built so little meter from getting hit by them. Personally if they had just left him the same and made air net drop ppl directly to a grounded state as well as the opponents build meter quicker from getting hit he would of been fine.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
So I've tried a bunch of different meterless midscreen combos with F13net. The damage seems to be capped at 33%, even if your combo is ridiculously complicated and long. Can't get anything higher yet =(

xxFalcon Loverxx

I would not be surprised if they revert back some of these changes for cyrax. I can sorta understand nerfing him a bit only because if you actually got caught and comboed the combos were so long and the opponent built so little meter from getting hit by them. Personally if they had just left him the same and made air net drop ppl directly to a grounded state as well as the opponents build meter quicker from getting hit he would of been fine.
But they won't.

xxFalcon Loverxx

So I've tried a bunch of different meterless midscreen combos with F13net. The damage seems to be capped at 33%, even if your combo is ridiculously complicated and long. Can't get anything higher yet =(
Max damage 1 bar after f21 and f13 starter:
F21 xx EX DB1, Dash, 4 xx BF1, DD2, Run Cancel, 4 xx DB2, Back Dash, 4 xx DD2, JBK, DB2, NJP, DD3, JBK, DF3, D2, DF3, F34, B2, 4 xx DB4 = 36% 1 bar.
So much scaling :(.