What's new

MKX what were they thinking??

EMPEROR_JUPITER

Your ego betrays you.
This thread is about design flaws within the game, it has nothing to do with helping players get better or how to play the game. Personally im hugely dissappointed with the way the game plays.
Many people like this game tho, and shitting all over it in a thread that gets a lot of views is a bad look. No offense, but how many people even care if you like it? Those who don't like it should simply avoid posting about the game. Especially on a website that supports NRS games.

I do agree that it would have been better if they made most moves useful instead of 1/3 of the moves. They don't even have to be super usable in every situation. Kung lao's f4 for example breaks armor and does 10% but is full combo punishable, so the risk reward alone makes it already less useful. I have noticed a lot of characters have armor break moves but they are punishable most of the time(mileenas standing 3 iirc) and don't even give that much of a reward, but kung jins f3 though...

That said it should be enough if your character has a safe fast high string. a safe long range mid, a safe mid/jab string that isn't as fast as the high but can cover the space between the fast high and slower long range mid. Not all characters have this though

I do agree that it would have been better if they made most moves useful instead of 1/3 of the moves. They don't even have to be super usable in every situation. Kung lao's f4 for example breaks armor and does 10% but is full combo punishable, so the risk reward alone makes it already less useful. I have noticed a lot of characters have armor break moves but they are punishable most of the time(mileenas standing 3 iirc) and don't even give that much of a reward, but kung jins f3 though...

That said it should be enough if your character has a safe fast high string. a safe long range mid, a safe mid/jab string that isn't as fast as the high but can cover the space between the fast high and slower long range mid. Not all characters have this though
I actually love his f4, because it can be used for mixups with ex hat out, it has a purpose, range, jumps pokes, its just unsafe. It's how a move should be, it's interesting.

TBH kl is one of the better designed players.

I actually love his f4, because it can be used for mixups with ex hat out, it has a purpose, range, jumps pokes, its just unsafe. It's how a move should be, it's interesting.

TBH kl is one of the better designed players.
His f4 is useful in buzzsaw. But the problem imo is that I think they designed the character around buzzsaw, which is why a lot of moves like F4 aren't that useful in the other 2 variations. That is one of my grips with the variation system.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Xbox only has a 5 minute record option, that's my problem. I could break down every char how to fix them if i have the right equipment.
you can record them in 5 minute bites, upload them individually, and then edit them into one video with youtube.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I agree. The fuck is those useless strings and non-viable boring variations ? I swear the more MK games are being made the more useless shit is in them.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I mean... he makes a lot of fair and valid points in the video... but naturally he'll get hate. This game would've been better had NRS focused on maintaining and perfecting movesets and whatnot carried over from MK9, but unfortunately, they had to slap their newest gimmick (variations) on the game to sell more copies instead of focusing on making this a truly competitive fighter.

I mean... he makes a lot of fair and valid points in the video... but naturally he'll get hate. This game would've been better had NRS focused on maintaining and perfecting movesets and whatnot carried over from MK9, but unfortunately, they had to slap their newest gimmick (variations) on the game to sell more copies instead of focusing on making this a truly competitive fighter.
We can't expect them not to try and make money and i love the variations idea, but the execution is off.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
You knew it would be 50/50 city. We talked about this months before the game came out. You don't get to complain because you went ahead and bought the game >_>.

His f4 is useful in buzzsaw. But the problem imo is that I think they designed the character around buzzsaw, which is why a lot of moves like F4 aren't that useful in the other 2 variations. That is one of my grips with the variation system.
Yes, if "hat trick's" hat travelled back super slow, and hit mid consistently, i bet that variation would find use for it. I noticed this too. Pre-Patch when i played tempest i was like, what string do i use???

RYX

BIG PUSHER
@Peckapowa

you should do one based on the amount of low profiling that exists in this game and the mids that are made horribly inconsistent as a result

or throw immunity and how annoyingly common it actually is