What's new

MKX training/practice mode. What do you want to see?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE JUST PORT OVER KILLER INSTINCTS TRAINING MODE AND ADD THE ABILITY TO RECORD MULTIPLE VARIATIONS OF A MIXUP AND HAVE IT RANDOMLY SORT THROUGH THEM SO I CAN PRACTICE AGAINST MIXUPS.

All caps because NRS is watching. =P

But seriously. Injustice was 1000 times better than MK. And I trust that you guys will make MKX training mode even better. The goal is to provide all the tools we need to figure out things and learn everything about the game on their own.

I'm very passionate about training mode because I do NOT have an offline scene. I play with a few guys at home, but they don't take the game anywhere near as serious as I do. They don't even care about frame data. I feel dead when I can't practice against mixups and have to wait months at a time before I can practice with high level character representatives.

Also, something like killer instinct's dojo mode for all characters would be awesome =P but I feel like that's shooting for the stars.

EDIT: WoundCowboy brought up cancel advantage in the frame data. Please add correct frame data with hit advantage on hit and on block pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please. And the ability to have the opponent block while recording.

Last edited:

Decay

King of the Bill
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE JUST PORT OVER KILLER INSTINCTS TRAINING MODE AND ADD THE ABILITY TO RECORD MULTIPLE VARIATIONS OF A MIXUP AND HAVE IT RANDOMLY SORT THROUGH THEM SO I CAN PRACTICE AGAINST MIXUPS.

All caps because NRS is watching. =P

But seriously. Injustice was 1000 times better than MK. And I trust that you guys will make MKX training mode even better. The goal is to provide all the tools we need to figure out things and learn everything about the game on their own.

I'm very passionate about training mode because I do NOT have an offline scene. I play with a few guys at home, but they don't take the game anywhere near as serious as I do. They don't even care about frame data. I feel dead when I can't practice against mixups and have to wait months at a time before I can practice with high level character representatives.

Also, something like killer instinct's dojo mode for all characters would be awesome =P but I feel like that's shooting for the stars.
I agree man KI has a great training mode. It would be nice to have MKx being the best training mode of all fighting games, so other companies in the future can refer back to MKx as having the most comprehensive training in history. Has a nice ring to it right NRS? ;)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Microtransactions.

First ten minutes a day are free, after that your credit card is charged 25 cents every five minutes.

Record function is extra, 5 cents for every use.

-Save state like USF4 -> Saves a lot of time while testing setups/escape options and it's better than position reset of Injustice.

-Multiple dummy recordings and the ability to play them back at set percentages like in TTT2 -> Extremely useful to practice defending against mixups and frametrap/throws.

-Being able to toggle Hitboxes and Frame Data like in KI and Skullgirls.

-Direct upload to youtube like USF4. For online, offline and practice mode. (although since MKX will be availble for next gen, I guess this feature doesn't matter much since we'll be able to stream with the built in DVR)

DeathTouch

Iceman
IGAU Training mode was a Big step from MK 9 . So I think NRS will just Improve training mode further. Just have it Like Injustice or better NRS

Injustice has a nice training mode, even an online practice version which is very helpful. It also implemented frame data and the ability to mark combos and moves on the screen so you don't have to go back to menu. What would you like to see in mkx? I personally would like to see frame data and hit boxes as well as a way to record inputs for x amount of seconds and then have the AI replay it and loop similar to street fighter. Also, perhaps a challenge mode with hard to hit combos that get progressively harder and harder. Just throwing ideas out there.
-I'd like to see a cpu record function so I record the cpu doing setups and find ways to escape etc. and make a playback/loop function
-If the netcode is not ggpo/rollback based and is MK9 style where there is input delay, add an option to training mode for input delay to compensate like marvel does
-Display character hitboxes this is very important in a fighting game. Lets you know throw range, whats throw immune and whats not, what has invincibility frames and what does not, lets you know what proximity range a normal has, what hurtbox it has etc.
-detailed frame data and by that I mean everything from frames on block, advantage on hit, startup frames, recovery frames, active frames.
-option to change training room background and music like KI 2013

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Everything that MK 9 and Injustice offered and then some. Also more space on replay save/record option. Online practice with friends option. Online practice with random players option even. Something like this.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I hope they include the cancel advantage on block and hit frame data in the game as well. I doubt it, but it would be amazing