What's new

Match Footage - Venomous MKX - Playing on Medium Difficulty with D'Vorah (Venomous Style)! NEW 60FPS Gameplay!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So I like how a large portion of the community does nothing but whine about how we never get anything from MKX...

And when someone who has time with the game shows us some footage of the game, all we do is complain and criticize.

I mean...I would be happy that what we got was better than nothing.

This isn't actually anything new, nothing in this video is anything we haven't seen before.

This is a guy jumping and mashing while that annoying as fuck MK music plays.

No one here is asking for more nothing, we want more something.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This isn't actually anything new, nothing in this video is anything we haven't seen before.

This is a guy jumping and mashing while that annoying as fuck MK music plays.

No one here is asking for more nothing, we want more something.
Why does it have to be new?

Why can't you be all, "Man, an MKX video. Cool."

I mean....who else is actually at these events recording footage?

Why don't all these complainers actually GO to some of these expos if they're not happy with what they get.

How can you complain about something that is free? As in, you had to expend no effort to receive a thing and it cost you absolutely nothing to view it.

Plus, even if you're not happy about the footage...what exactly are you expecting? How much time do you think these people have to sit down with the game? It's not like frame data in a demo build will be exactly as it is in the final build, and even if it was what could you actually do with the information? What do you actually gain by knowing what D'Vorah's d4 is(as an example)? What can you do with that information now?

If they haven't added any new characters to the demo that people can play at expos...and the people playing only have a handful of minutes with the game...how much can we really expect from a recording most likely done on a cellphone? It's not like the company's telling people, "Yes, man. Go ahead, sit down, relax, and break down this demo. Recording? Sure! Make it ten minutes and break down the demo meta!"

I really don't know what people are expecting with this.

Rude

And as far as the "mashing" goes...if you have three minutes or even five minutes with a game that you have never played before....are you actually expecting to bust out with this super technical, multi-hitting combo meta? Counter-poking and poking? I honestly believe it will take some time for everyone to adjust to how you simply move in MKX, before adding specials/strings/interactables/etc.
These aren't NRS testers, man. They're just guys.

Cut them some slack.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Because it's been so long since anything new was released? I'm sure there's plenty of videos of people jumping about mashing if anyone wants to see more of that.

I don't think you're actually allowed to record, so that's another copyright added to list for this guy, on top of the music in the video. As for going to the event, there are none in my country, so there's my excuse. Also, the people going won't be (as you said) doing 20 hit combos or knowing strings/inputs, so why would they bother recording their five minute session of nothingness?

Why don't all these complainers actually GO to some of these expos if they're not happy with what they get.
Maybe, like me, these events haven't arrived in these people's country so they haven't gotten a chance?

How can you complain about something that is free? As in, you had to expend no effort to receive a thing and it cost you absolutely nothing to view it.
The exact same reason you can complain about something you paid for? I can tell by your previous sentence that you're one of those 'you can't do better, you don't deserve an opinion' people. So let's leave this one here...
Also, if you want to be technical, paying for my internet allowed me to watch this video, so yes, I paid to watch it. (inb4 "Nah, bro, I'm at McDonald's using their WiFi.")

Plus, even if you're not happy about the footage...what exactly are you expecting? How much time do you think these people have to sit down with the game? It's not like frame data in a demo build will be exactly as it is in the final build, and even if it was what could you actually do with the information? What do you actually gain by knowing what D'Vorah's d4 is(as an example)? What can you do with that information now?
Perhaps around release, stores will be holding events/tournaments with MKX to win MKX + console or something. Knowing frame data, inputs etc would give you an advantage over the people that don't know anything, thus, free console and game for you. Very few people here want to know frame data anyway, if that's your argument. They just want to see some combos or just something interesting.

If they haven't added any new characters to the demo that people can play at expos...and the people playing only have a handful of minutes with the game...how much can we really expect from a recording most likely done on a cellphone?
Then why even bother recording?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the 'complainers', I see this video and I'm just like, "Meh." Then I move on with my day. In fact, I rarely post at all here. Injustice doesn't interest me anymore and no new MKX stuff, so I have no reason to post.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Why can't you be all, "Man, an MKX video. Cool."

If they haven't added any new characters to the demo that people can play at expos...and the people playing only have a handful of minutes with the game...how much can we really expect from a recording most likely done on a cellphone? It's not like the company's telling people, "Yes, man. Go ahead, sit down, relax, and break down this demo. Recording? Sure! Make it ten minutes and break down the demo meta!"

I really don't know what people are expecting with this.
I can complain about it because it isn't good.

If someone gave you a free bag of shit do you think you're obligated to say "thanks, it's free so I love it"?

Being free doesn't excuse poor quality and lack of new content.

All that we have available are old ass demos that multiple people have already thoroughly dissected multiple times, If someone hands me some shit from that and it has no new footage or content and it's shit i'm going to say it's shit. It is valueless and offers nothing new or redeeming, the fact that it's footage means nothing if the footage itself is worthless.

I'm not going to give a guy a pat on the back and blowjob because he record two characters jumping up and down and mashing out the same 2 strings whilst being drowned out by cliche and annoying music.

You don't have to have any new footage, no one has to record and find new things, but when you don't and you post it i'm going to be honest about what was presented. If he posted a video of him looking over the command list and trying out combos and moves on the CPU i'd say something like "awesome, this isn't really anything new but I'm glad I got to see strings and moves used in combos and how they work together" but no, what we got was somebody slapping their hands on the face of a controller to the sounds bad music. It's not even a rare gem anymore, there has been so much footage uploaded from this same demo build that's been going from con to con that we have hours of it, and a good chunk of that has actual quality gameplay in it.

That is shit, that is nothing of quality, and nothing new or interesting was presented, that is the 110% truth.

Last edited:
The entitlement is ridiculous, here.
You have to understand this is an MK forum buddy, everyone here follows anything MKX related very closely, we have seen multiple ppl mashing and jumping up and down for months now...its boring and ultra repetitive, everyone here is tired of seeing it that's just how it is, and we are gonna bring it to attention if a video is boring and not bringing anything we haven't seen... Now if it was a guy bringing something new to the table, like testing out moves that anti air, anti air conversions, or trying to do strings that juggle into run combos, or even testing the range & hitbox of her normals n specials, then we would be working with something, doesn't take a high level player to do that

VOR

Noob
2:56------ So throws are actually highs, not mids now? Was this known? It's… different for an MK game.

Flagg

Noob
I'm very hype for this game but that music and the button mashing makes it unwatchable. I could almost live with the mashing but the music is totally off-putting.

Flagg

Noob
Just to add, when you see a food stall handing our free samples, you expect those samples to be high quality to entice you to buy the full product.

Rude

You have to understand this is an MK forum buddy, everyone here follows anything MKX related very closely, we have seen multiple ppl mashing and jumping up and down for months now...its boring and ultra repetitive, everyone here is tired of seeing it that's just how it is, and we are gonna bring it to attention if a video is boring and not bringing anything we haven't seen... Now if it was a guy bringing something new to the table, like testing out moves that anti air, anti air conversions, or trying to do strings that juggle into run combos, or even testing the range & hitbox of her normals n specials, then we would be working with something, doesn't take a high level player to do that
How much time do you think these people get with the game? How many of them even know how to anti-air? How many of them are just guys who like the series and wanted to mess around with the characters. Are you sure the people playing these demos even know what "cancelling" is? And even if they do...it's the demo version, so there will likely be changes.

These aren't NRS testers or fighting game afficianados, guys.

Last edited:

Rude

Just to add, when you see a food stall handing our free samples, you expect those samples to be high quality to entice you to buy the full product.
Isn't that what NRS' streams are for? These guys don't work for NRS.

Flagg

Noob
Isn't that what NRS' streams are for? These guys don't work for NRS.
You seem to think people in this thread aren't entitled to an opinion or something. Yes it's neat that this guy is showing us footage, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Or perhaps there is stuff, but that soundtrack IS SO LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS it's completely distracting. I could not get more than about 10 seconds into the video before hitting X. I'd rather have background music and sound effects.

We are all waiting for something new, we don't care about Boons tweets or black and white pictures of boots or constant delays on release. I mean knock yourself out if you like this, from what I can see, the majority of people here are put off by the music first and foremost, and the low level of game play is not showing us anything potentially cool like anti-airs, juggles, resets, etc...

Rude

You seem to think people in this thread aren't entitled to an opinion or something. Yes it's neat that this guy is showing us footage, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

Or perhaps there is stuff, but that soundtrack IS SO LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS it's completely distracting. I could not get more than about 10 seconds into the video before hitting X. I'd rather have background music and sound effects.

We are all waiting for something new, we don't care about Boons tweets or black and white pictures of boots or constant delays on release. I mean knock yourself out if you like this, from what I can see, the majority of people here are put off by the music first and foremost, and the low level of game play is not showing us anything potentially cool like anti-airs, juggles, resets, etc...
Do the people that get their hands on the demo even know what resets and juggles are? They're probably not SUPER GDLIKE fighting game people.

And as far as the music goes...hit mute. It's not that bad. I'm sorry that you have a low tolerance for things.

The fact that people are going out of their way to shit on guys who are doing this is ridiculous. These people may not be regular TYM users. Why are we expecting everyone to break down the game demo from the three-to-five minutes they are allowed to play it?

This reminds me of a comment one user had during the NRS stream where they called the people showing off the game during the stream into question because they weren't "high-level" players. It doesn't matter.

Element_

The First Element
Finding it hard to watch these MKX video's ! All you see is button mashing and you have to wait till 1:46 ( half the video ) to see it ! Where was the in-game sound too ! Jeez..they haven't even seen Jax yet...oop's did i just say that ;)

Flagg

Noob
Do the people that get their hands on the demo even know what resets and juggles are? They're probably not SUPER GDLIKE fighting game people.

And as far as the music goes...hit mute. It's not that bad. I'm sorry that you have a low tolerance for things.

The fact that people are going out of their way to shit on guys who are doing this is ridiculous. These people may not be regular TYM users. Why are we expecting everyone to break down the game demo from the three-to-five minutes they are allowed to play it?

This reminds me of a comment one user had during the NRS stream where they called the people showing off the game during the stream into question because they weren't "high-level" players. It doesn't matter.
What if he had the sound effects on but just THIS still to watch:

I'm not asking for Tyrant like combo's or pressure, just showing us what some special moves looked like, on the ground or in the air. Is that so much to ask? And really do you think that soundtrack is needed? What is wrong with just having sound effects on.

Yeah this all sounds like it's ungrateful and it is, but we've had no new MK X coverage since October 2nd so what do you expect? Do you really think Boons tweets are remotely hype?

@Rude , if anything TYM is like a Focus Group for all thing's MK X related.

Rude

He used special moves in the video. And you're right, it sounds super ungrateful. We're getting a full stream on the 2nd. Patience is a virtue, and you have to wait three/four months regardless.

Shitting on independent videos doesn't make time move faster, nor does watching reveal trailers or hell, even NRS streams. It's the same block of time, regardless. So, to quote my avatar..."Chill."

trufenix

bye felicia
Every little thing is world war five around here.

I bet after a tough day in the office they unwind with a couple beers and ridiculous threads like this. Hi Ed!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This isn't Ladder or AI -- watch the video; clearly a P1 takes his time, selects his character, and variation, and then a P2 does exactly the same thing. This is *vs mode* and it's also clearly not 1080 or 60fps game footage.

I apologize for this having been written up this way... Un-promoting now.