What's new

MKX pdp or HFD4 controller/fight pad for DS4 alternative (for MKX gameplay)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Is there a way to make KOH full screen using this pad?

Edit: Fixed, Ignore.
this guy said you can:
Actually you can even hit pause and select "toggle theater mode"
not sure if you have to turn [options hold] off in main menu. i turned it on so i couls press it twice in the lab to reset stage
I figured out you can hold the options button on the hori fc4 BEFORE it's your turn to change to full screen. You can't do this after your character select screen comes up

So I've spend my first day with the fc4. The d pad is great. Its very comparable to a brand new ds4 d pad in terms of functionality and tightness. It took some getting used to the buttons because of having 6 face buttons. What I mean by this is that the 1234 buttons are a lot further to the left because of the added r1 and r2 buttons on the face. It's like the r1 button is where the triangle button would normally be on the ds4 and r2 button where circle should be. I'm sure I will get used to this however.

Overall the fc4 feels great and I had no problems pulling off combos or special moves like the bf or dbf inputs.

I hear horror stories of the d pad stop working after a few months which worries me a bit but believe me if this happens hori, sony (since it's an official licenced product) and amazon (where I bought it) will get an ear full from me.

As someone mentioned earlier you can reset in practice mode by tapping options twice provided you set the pause option to hold (I can't remember the exact name but it's in the main options menu).

You can also full screen in koth by holding options BEFORE your turn. If you forget to do this, once the character intros start playing, hold option and go to TOGGLE THEATER MODE and that will make it fullscreen.

Oh and I found a way to still give 10 respect points (d pad can only give 8's max). Just switch the dp switch to LS and it will recognize diagonal inputs.

MadeOfMetal

ive had my Hori FC4 for a while now, and i had zero problems so far beside the normal no touchpad problem, reseting in practice and full screen in KOTH.

other than that, yesterday i tried a new combo with Sonya ~[Demolition] and used the DS4 and couldnt pull it off consistantly, i cept calling drone DD1 instead of stun Grenade DF1, i think it may be the d-pad....

on the hori how ever i could pull it off 9/10, i think its a better D-pad hori dpad sensitivity set to middle.

the combo was:[MIDSCREEN] [drone safe reset] : B14~DF1(stun g), 1(detonate stun), F4~DF1(stun g), 1(detonate stun), F4~DF1(stun g), 1(detonate stun grenade), F4

MadeOfMetal

been using hitbox for a while. so far it's very good. Inputs are very easy, don't wanna go back to pad to be honest.
i used to play on all the arcade mk's so i feel ya... i just go so used to the SEGA, and the hori reminds me of it if ya know what i mean

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I was always a pad player and I like DS4 but after 2 mouths it's become very sensitive and I start always losing because of random execution, it's already my 3rd DS4. Also R2 hurt when my finger slide out. I really want take a hitbox now but think will wait for real ps4 version and for moment will try FC4 if you all say that's work great, not really fun of 6 front buttons layout.

Is there jack port for headset ?

MadeOfMetal

I was always a pad player and I like DS4 but after 2 mouths it's become very sensitive and I start always losing because of random execution, it's already my 3rd DS4. Also R2 hurt when my finger slide out. I really want take a hitbox now but think will wait for real ps4 version and for moment will try FC4 if you all say that's work great, not really fun of 6 front buttons layout.

Is there jack port for headset ?
i don't believe so. works great no hookup for headset...so far so good for me been about 2 months... in that time ive gone through 3DS4's of my own

Last edited:

virtiqaL

Noob
thx, I always talk in a party with friends during mkx sessions, do you know how I can hookup a simple jack headset to console if I buy FC4 ? If I can't plug it, it's will be a big problem for me :(
You're on your own there, I personally don't use comms/voice chat when playing on console. I'm sure there's some sort of solution... perhaps have your DS4 synced with the mic in on that pad while using FC4 as a main pad? I dunno.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The following is a true story.

I bought a friend a PDP MKX Fightpad for PS4 for his birthday. It worked great for a while, but eventually the right bumper (his block button) began to wear out. The button's switch, which is attached to the board itself, was working fine. It was actually the plastic piece that makes up both shoulder buttons and the middle-top of the controller that had begun to wear out. He had to press much harder to activate the right bumper than the left bumper, over time.

So, I got him a different PDP MKX Fightpad for PS4. This one began to have problems with the face buttons not activating without super hard presses. Even with hard presses, the activation was still not dependable.

I got him a Hori Fighting Commander 4. He has had no problems.

The End

C-Sword

Noob
thx, I always talk in a party with friends during mkx sessions, do you know how I can hookup a simple jack headset to console if I buy FC4 ? If I can't plug it, it's will be a big problem for me :(
If I really wanted to chat with people, I'd connect my Tritton headset to its in-line audio controller, the USB cable to my laptop, the 2 colored jacks to the iLuv Adapter and the latter to the PS4.

Something like this except the USB cable goes to my laptop, cause I need one USB port on the PS4 for the FC4

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
If I really wanted to chat with people, I'd connect my Tritton headset to its in-line audio controller, the USB cable to my laptop, the 2 colored jacks to the iLuv Adapter and the latter to the PS4.

Something like this except the USB cable goes to my laptop, cause I need one USB port on the PS4 for the FC4

thx, but to many cables :( I used with my DS4 a little sport headphones sennheiser / addidas PMX 685i (light, amazing sound and mic quality for 45€ )that I plug on the controller to have everything wireless and forgot that FC4 and hitbox are wired :) Thats why I have a reason to save my sound card Astro mixamp 2015 + best gaming headset Beyerdinamic MMX300, (400€) that's I wanted to sell even if I don't play FPS to much and was very satisfied with sennheiser

MadeOfMetal

use a (USB to 3.5mm converter)
http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-Headset-Mic-Headphone-Microphone-Notebooks/dp/B007PFZEKY

here you go, this will work, but i personally use :

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Headphones/dp/B003LRXXVM/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1437863154&sr=8-12&keywords=blue microphones snowball

it has a headphone jack built in to the head

the Blue snowball and the yetti are Professional Studio grade Mic's with noise cancel screens and moister guards, multiple settings to allow for omni directional(to pick up full room conference) and fornt side only for comentary, and -10 decibals to pick up electric and acoustic guitars and other instruments very well