What's new

MKX pdp or HFD4 controller/fight pad for DS4 alternative (for MKX gameplay)

im glade the DS4 works for you, but all mine are toast, r2's are shit, and ive sent in like 6 of them or so... got from sony, game stop, and best buy, even inserted metal pegs into them, it was a no go. i love the DS4 in terms of appearance but functionality for me and my friends has made me bitter towards sony, ( i loved the DS3's)never broke a single one.
Agreed, I love using the DS4 but my Dpads on them are starting to go, really not a durable controller

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Get the Hori,
Use the Hori.

And you will never look back.
im gonna get the Hori FPS just to have the Touchpad(even though hated when mashing and sliding into it) is a needed button on many games, and holding options button twice on hori FC4 in practice is getting old! its like a PS4 and an XB1 had a child and it was The Hori FPS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS4-HORI-Pad-FPS-Plus-for-PlayStation-3-4-Official-Controller-Pad-F-S-/251993718855?hash=item3aabff0047

IT will be MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just played with the FC4 for the first time last night, and it's lights out better for me then the DS4.

On DS4 I can't even get Back Forward specials consistently, that's a little bit of a problem in a Mortal Kombat game, and I know it's not me if I have ZERO issues on the Xbox One pad.

Played about 4 hours with it last night and fell in love. Some neat options on it too,
this is exactly my situation, back forward moves are resulting in NJ all the time, where as with the xbox one controller i dont have those issues- did you find the transition from xbox one to FC4 easy enough?

im gonna get the Hori FPS just to have the Touchpad(even though hated when mashing and sliding into it) is a needed button on many games, and holding options button twice on hori FC4 in practice is getting old! its like a PS4 and an XB1 had a child and it was The Hori FPS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS4-HORI-Pad-FPS-Plus-for-PlayStation-3-4-Official-Controller-Pad-F-S-/251993718855?hash=item3aabff0047

IT will be MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let us know when you recieve it - im liking the look of it

Mahjunia

Noob
Sup guys, does anyone know how the mad catz fighting pads works for mkx ? What I'm interested specially and exclusively is the dpad. What about the HORI FC4? or the HORI FPS pad anyone knows if it's good ?

This are the mad catz pad: LINK

Dahak

Noob
Sup guys, does anyone know how the mad catz fighting pads works for mkx ? What I'm interested specially and exclusively is the dpad. What about the HORI FC4? or the HORI FPS pad anyone knows if it's good ?

This are the mad catz pad: LINK
Those wireless pads won't work on the ps4 you need the wired version which are really overpriced now.

Mahjunia

Noob
Alright then, thank you boys. I might go for the hori fc4 anyways, I've been reading reviews and it has good opinions overall and all the opinions by you guys under this thread are great tho. Was just wondering if those mad catz pads where good or something.

Btw I'm looking foward for ESG Jagged opinion about the hori fps pad

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Those wireless pads won't work on the ps4 you need the wired version which are really overpriced now.
Wait, the wired PS3 Mad Catz fight pads work on PS4?

I still have mine, but it never even occurred to me to just plug it into my PS4 to see if it worked or not.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Wait, the wired PS3 Mad Catz fight pads work on PS4?

I still have mine, but it never even occurred to me to just plug it into my PS4 to see if it worked or not.
Yeah it does work. However you need a PS4 controller turned on for it to work. It syncs up with the PS4 controller so you can actually control the same character with 2 pads. Kinda awkward but at least it works

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Yeah it does work. However you need a PS4 controller turned on for it to work. It syncs up with the PS4 controller so you can actually control the same character with 2 pads. Kinda awkward but at least it works
Ahh, one of those workarounds.

Ok, thanks. I still prefer the Hori FC 4 for MK, but when SF V comes out: I will want to use the Mad Catz Fight Pad. Hopefully, they will release a PS4 version of the pad.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Ahh, one of those workarounds.

Ok, thanks. I still prefer the Hori FC 4 for MK, but when SF V comes out: I will want to use the Mad Catz Fight Pad. Hopefully, they will release a PS4 version of the pad.
Yeah I'm hoping they release a SFV pad too, I'll definitely pick one up if they do.

MadeOfMetal

Hori Needs Custom MK pads! and their FPS version needs some fighting skins, id buy the shit outa that and sell on ebay as a reliable USA dealer

fobley

Noob
Hori Fighting Commander 4 is amazing. Very durable and has good buttons.

MKX PDP lasted barely a week. The X button started to not register lol, and so I had it refunded.

MadeOfMetal

Hori Fighting Commander 4 is amazing. Very durable and has good buttons.

MKX PDP lasted barely a week. The X button started to not register lol, and so I had it refunded.
yeah im glad i started this thread a while back! i was gonna buy bulk shipment of PDP MKX pads and im so glad i didn't! all i have herd from TYM gaming enthusiast, is the PDP is Hot Garbage!!

so i finally got my hands on the hori FC4 - initial impressions (tested on pc - plugged in and worked straight away with no apps):
- the dial on the back left on default makes me stuff up back forward moves the same as the ps4 DS4 pad... moving the dial to 'S' corrects this but makes much more difficult for me to diagnial jump

button placement is a bit jarring at first but probably nothing i couldnt get used to
i like how the bottons are bigger, the triggers feel great too

but my first point regarding diagnal jumping is a deal breaker :/ i'll keep playing but im guessing its back to the xboxone pad for now

anyone got the hori fps controller? im basically looking for an xbox one controller with better triggers for a ps4/pc