What's new

MKX Online Petition

WIll you boycott the game if the online connection sucks?

• Total voters

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Step 1: Get Fios
Step2: Direct Connection (no wireless or wall plug ins)
Step 3: Port Forward

Those 3 steps should help a lot. Obviously, your opponent's connection plays a role as well. Just find people who you connect well with and add them to your friends list. Hope this helps. Btw, a boycott?? It's not that serious dude.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Boycotting because online isn't on par with your expectations is just dumb. Just don't play online, NRS games have plenty of single-player content for you to enjoy. You could also start a scene if you don't have one. Invite local players to your house or vice-versa.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
NRS games have plenty of single-player content for you to enjoy.
Hmm, I kinda disagree with this. For the first few months, definitely, NRS are great with their SP content. But once you've done everything once, there isn't much else. Nobody wants to fight the CPU in ladder every day.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hmm, I kinda disagree with this. For the first few months, definitely, NRS are great with their SP content. But once you've done everything once, there isn't much else. Nobody wants to fight the CPU in ladder every day.
True but you could always start your own scene, not saying it's easy but plausible

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Good luck though. Most gamers seem to have this weird anti-consumer defense mechanism when you criticize some shitty hyped up AAA game (see: Watch Dogs). Post-purchase rationalization is my bet.
Companies hire sockpuppets, plus there are real fanboys also.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
They should use GGPO, problem solved, no excuses. :coffee:.
This would solve almost everything.

But instead NRS is making their own netcode system w/e reason. They're going through tons more trouble to meet the expectation of GGPO. That isn't to say they don't care or aren't trying though. They know that with all the new features for online they week look pretty silly if the netcode is as ass as Injustice.

I'm still crossing my fingers though. I really want to believe that it'll at least be better than Injustice's.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Our community doesn't care enough for good net play so nothing will change. Most players think it's fine as it is now because their "playstyle" isn't affected. Most of these players only play nrs fighters online so they don't know any better. Anyone who plays other fighting games at a competitive level think the online in mk9 and injustice is a joke.

Imo the online in mkx will most likely be just as bad as injustice. It will keep the community from evolving to a higher level of play as it has with the other games. This won't change unless people make noise about it.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
No, I wont.

Its just a video game, people seem to forget that. I still enjoy playing mk9 online so it cant be worse than that!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm drooling over those ping speeds people posted.

note - This is actually much better than what I actually get to play games on. In LoL my ping will sit stable between 200-300 and will occasionally jump up to 1500-2000 AND STAY THERE for while. That is literally 5+ seconds of command delay. This is what I get to play my games on, and the speeds are usually about 50% slower than the image. I love living in the boonies. :)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm drooling over those ping speeds people posted.

note - This is actually much better than what I actually get to play games on. In LoL my ping will sit stable between 200-300 and will occasionally jump up to 1500-2000 AND STAY THERE for while. That is literally 5+ seconds of command delay. This is what I get to play my games on, and the speeds are usually about 50% slower than the image. I love living in the boonies. :)
h...how even do you play anything :( I need to stop complaining about my connection
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3812928111

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
h...how even do you play anything :( I need to stop complaining about my connection
I pray to the ethernet gods. No joke a couple times a week when I'm playing the game or using the net, it will slow down so much that loading a damn internet page is like dial up speed. x.x (any game I'm playing will auto disconnect too, lol)