What's new

MKX movement style

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
i've never in my lifetime seen a fight.... where a dude/gal hit someone.... and then RAN 2ft to hit them again.

Seriously one of the MOST illogical things ever.
I don't understand why people try to bring logic into games.... Seriously we are talking about a game were I can crush your liver for only about 33% of your life....but running at someone would be the MOST illogical thing... lol ok.

On that note, fuck a run button

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't understand why people try to bring logic into games.... Seriously we are talking about a game were I can crush your liver for only about 33% of your life....

On that note, fuck a run button
the point for the game is to be realistic with a side of fantasy

especially when it comes to FGs.

There has to be SOMETHING grounded to reality (unless you're anime).

Insidiousballer

Meter Hoarder
I hope they find a way to keep their edgy style of character builds and yet upgrade the universal mechanics of the game to something beyond MK9. Running would be fucking awful. Floaty jumps (MK vs DC) would be fucking terrible. I thought the movement of MK9 was really good but could have been even better for some characters. I would like to see NRS take some bold chances with this game, like using vastly different walk speeds and health meters for each character as part of the balancing system. Oh by the way, Ultra's out. :d:qtr:d:qtr:r:ex:REO

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I hope that they largely keep MK9 movement. I think dashing should cover slightly more distance but that's not a big deal.
I think at release the dash covered more distance, then they patch it, or was the doble dash thing? Anyway, I would like a little more distance (or less frames) during dash and an inprovement for normals and specials (less start and recovery). Now the movement speed was ok but I would like a little increase, something between 5% and 10%. But that's me.
EDIT: Btw, those guys asking for less jumping should go continue play Street fighter and let MK alone, I don't want another heavy footsie boring game.

Last edited:

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
The only thing I really want is instant walking. It'll make for better footsies.

Injustice has Street Fighter style walking - when you start walking, you're instantly moving. MK9 had this weird little bit of acceleration lag when you'd start moving. Hopefully that is removed. Otherwise, everything about MK9 style movement/dash blocking/dashing was just fine.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
the point for the game is to be realistic with a side of fantasy

especially when it comes to FGs.

There has to be SOMETHING grounded to reality (unless you're anime).
This doesn't even make any sense, since the only fighting games that are "realistic" are sports sims.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only thing I really want is instant walking. It'll make for better footsies.

Injustice has Street Fighter style walking - when you start walking, you're instantly moving. MK9 had this weird little bit of acceleration lag when you'd start moving. Hopefully that is removed. Otherwise, everything about MK9 style movement/dash blocking/dashing was just fine.
Injustice actually still had the acceleration issues. They just toned them down from what MK9 did.