What's new

MKX movement style

Matix218

Get over here!
What do you guys want to see in MKX regarding character movement?
Personally I loved the quick walk speeds, dashes that could be cancelled into moves/block, dashing between combo juggles etc from MK9 and I hope the core movement in the sequel is largely unchanged.
I know there is much speculation about a return of the"run button" due to the way that the trailer fight with subby and scorp starts off.
What are the rest of TYM thinking (or hoping for) regarding the movement in X? Changes (if so what/why)? Keep it like MK9? New movement mechanic (ie double jump, run, invulnerable (uncancellable) backdash etc)?

Lets hear your thoughts

RIF

Noob
How about a dash button that you can cancel into a block when pressing left, right, or down? Yes, it would be back to block but you could dash cancel your movement and possibly strings into dashes .

Decay

King of the Bill
As long as there are great anti-airs, then jumping is going to be limited. Injustice has shitty AA, unless you're aquaman. You're better off trying to block an incoming jump attack from Batman or other characters with godlike jump arcs and small hit boxes than trying to anti air them because you hardly ever trade and instead get dealt a full combo damage

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Well running yeah b/c if they dashed in the trailer it would looked weird in the cinematic trailer lol but TBH I think running only worked in MK3, UMK3 and MKT b/c of the way they made the game back then. I guess they have to sacrifice the stance button for the running button.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Fighting in the air like mka without the broken 33's. MK9's unblockable air throws were annoying. Air fighting with block button could stop mindless jumping

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
My Idea is when someone Ragequits online there should be a prompt where they are forced to see their Hara Kiri of their character that they are using if they decide to run away from a match, but since online can be laggy as shit it'll probably wont work. But I guess they can make the system know when a person physically quits instead of Lag stopping the match for you. It'll be a great addition for KOTH.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Fighting in the air like mka without the broken 33's. MK9's unblockable air throws were annoying. Air fighting with block button could stop mindless jumping
Wait, what? I don't ever recall air throws even being a major deal.

Air Kombat was a terrible idea. It wasn't even 33s that was the issue, it was air cancels. Even then, air kombat was largely worthless anyway, since most characters did more from normal juggles anyway.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Wait, what? I don't ever recall air throws even being a major deal.

Air Kombat was a terrible idea. It wasn't even 33s that was the issue, it was air cancels. Even then, air kombat was largely worthless anyway, since most characters did more from normal juggles anyway.
I was thinking that air kombat is natural progression from air throws