What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao MKX Kung Lao All variations BnB Guide

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
I love to use this move a lot (44% 1 meter): JP 44, Run B321 Spin, Jk-Dk, {at corner} F21 Ex Spin, NJP, 4 Spin

This combo requires you to reach a corner, so if you don't reach a corner you can end it safely with F2 Spin.

Very swaggy but you know there is a midscreen 1 bar 49% combo with a ji2?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
EX Spin-4/Hat Spin-B3,2/Spin-J3/Dive Kick-Dive Kick - 35%

Add a 2nd J3 and its 36% but feels inconsistent.

Edit: for Tempest.

EX Spin-4/Hat Spin-B3,2/Spin-J3/Dive Kick-Dive Kick - 35%

Add a 2nd J3 and its 36% but feels inconsistent.

Edit: for Tempest.
Hadn't had much practice, but from my experience if you wait a frame or two after the regular spin you can nail the dive kicks. I also think taking a step forward helps. Don't have the game still so can't confirm.

vextell

Cyborg
The sequence is in the description of the video. Its an original corner combo with tutorial. Thanks for watching and enjoy!

biggabarr

chilling
why did you post this .do you want him to get nerf ,i have 51% with one bar and did not say anything,shit, he is going to get nerf......

It's a 2 frame link if memory serves correctly. Developing a rhythm is the only way that I've been able to land it somewhat consistently. Once I've got a general rhythm down I practice it again and again and after that muscle memory should serve you well. I believe somebody was talking about a visual cue that they use, but I don't know what to watch.
On that visual cues topic, I tried relating it to opponent's health bar flashing, kung lao's ankle sliding out and back into place, watching his belt buckle or his hair move and stop, the position of pints of blood the moment you need to press 4... all during the hat spin part in order to link that 44 afterwards. I even went so far as to practicing that link with a metronome (seriously), even though I figured out the correct bpm, you only have a 15th of a second to time it right and that kind of slips are just not registered by an average human being's sense of rhythm. Therefore I accepted that there's just no getting this link to work at a reliable rate. If you can, I honestly think you must be gifted or something.
Now I pretend that it doesn't even exist. Problem solved :DOGE
Still puzzled as heck as to how come tempest's accepted bnb's involve that link though.

vextell

Cyborg
This only works if you press your opponent to the corner I believe. You can't pull off the grab if your actually midscreen at the end.
I think instead of a throw you can add on f1,4 and it should do the same amount of damage

Last edited:

mrtom

Noob
On that visual cues topic, I tried relating it to opponent's health bar flashing, kung lao's ankle sliding out and back into place, watching his belt buckle or his hair move and stop, the position of pints of blood the moment you need to press 4... all during the hat spin part in order to link that 44 afterwards. I even went so far as to practicing that link with a metronome (seriously), even though I figured out the correct bpm, you only have a 15th of a second to time it right and that kind of slips are just not registered by an average human being's sense of rhythm. Therefore I accepted that there's just no getting this link to work at a reliable rate. If you can, I honestly think you must be gifted or something.
Now I pretend that it doesn't even exist. Problem solved :DOGE
Still puzzled as heck as to how come tempest's accepted bnb's involve that link though.
You try using the "smack" sound the hat makes as it hits? After db1 you hear the hat spin start, like a sword being unsheathed then the smack sound when it actually hits. Wait for that sound then hit 44 and don't hit 44 when you expect the sound, make sure you wait until you hear then do it. That's what worked for me, can do 8/10 times offline now. I also found 11 xx db1 44 easier to link than b2 xx hat for some reason.

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
I've just managed to get Teleport 3 > 44 to link roughly 8/10 times online.

The trick to it is to input 44 the inatinct you hear the Kick from the Teleport 3 connect. You will connect it a lot more frequently is you go by the sound rather than the animation.

I've just managed to get Teleport 3 > 44 to link roughly 8/10 times online.

The trick to it is to input 44 the inatinct you hear the Kick from the Teleport 3 connect. You will connect it a lot more frequently is you go by the sound rather than the animation.
The trick to connect a move after tele 3 is you have to do the tele 3 kick on the way down. Otherwise it won't combo. There is no strict timing to it really.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
My cue for hat spin to 44 is I watch the back of the hat spin animation (like behind kung lao) and put in 44 right as it disappears. I'm hitting it about 50 percent in match and 75 percent in training mode after a day of practice this way. Probably won't work for others depending on reaction time and such but I figured I'd share just in case.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
1 bar for 52% mid screen off a teleport. This character is fucking ridiculous

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Does anyone have anything higher than this off a divekick starter in the corner?

Inputs: Divekick, 2, Hat Spin, B321, Spin, B32, EX Spin, NJP, J3, Divekick.

@Clark L.

Last edited:

Vjeekes

DevilApes
corner: jip 44 b321 spin njp uppercut throw around 35%
easy meterless combo with correct damage that keeps the opponent in the corner and can also be throw cancelled to continue pressure afterwards