What's new

MKX Kombat Pack 2 Announcement Today

portent

Noob
What if Encore (again) means KP2 is going to be released the same time as this current KP, except next year?
I would agree with you if not for the "story pack" mention on his twitter. Yes it is from April and it's now September, but I firmly believe that "encore" refers directly to a repeat performance of the characters in story mode, particularly due to that tweet. I think Boon and co. have had plans for a story mode pack for a long time. Games are developed for years, and I'm sure that this pack has been in the works for quite a while already.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I would agree with you if not for the "story pack" mention on his twitter. Yes it is from April and it's now September, but I firmly believe that "encore" refers directly to a repeat performance of the characters in story mode, particularly due to that tweet. I think Boon and co. have had plans for a story mode pack for a long time. Games are developed for years, and I'm sure that this pack has been in the works for quite a while already.
The actual story mode did feel lacking, I'd say around an hour. Story mode pack would be great too.

Kokoko

Somehow
4 months waiting to cancel past-gen versions. 4 months for new DLC. And then they will cancel.....:DOGE

Shame. They ask for 4 month to release 1 new character. At the same time, netcode still sucks, they broke something with every patch. Seems like they count our money and fuck their fans :mad:

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
Jokes on you guys, Ed is going to say it's story pack and show them all and release it this Tuesday :DOGE

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
What if... these are just 4 randomly chosen silhouettes just to make a point that there will be 4 new characters? Maybe one or two are the real deal and the rest just like the roster before MKX launched. :DOGE

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm beginning to think ole' crazy hair is somebody with an enormous weapon on their back. WHo or what, I got no clue.

XxDark_

Noob
And all you guys that want guest this and guest that in the game... get out. This Mortal Fucking Kombat not random 80's horror movie stars kombat.

If everyone is all in to this shit, just let NRS make it's own game with all these fucktards in it and keep them out of mortal kombat!
thank you..couldn't have said it better....fuck guest characters...ppl hope for their favorite MK character to get in the game.(noob smoke cyrax sector rain ect.) but they also want fucking guest characters that have nothing to do with mk just to say they are apart of the game. so for everyone who wants guest characters, don't fucking complain when your fav character doesn't make the cut because he or she was replaced by some shit guest character.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Guys, fixing the netcode would take years to fix. By the time they do fix it, they should have made another game from scratch. It is as much ingrained in the engine as Raiden's superman and Bo' ;) at this point.
just because it would take long to fix the issue doesnt mean just ignore it and say "well its to hard" better luck next time... this attitude is the reason why every one of their games are bad online.

no they should in fact try to fix the online even if they have to pull apart the entire game to do so. at least this game and the games to follow would be fixed, and they would have code to use for future games. but if they don't fix it now. and say its too much effort, what do you think will happen on their next game? same thing that always happens.. they will copy MK9 Netcode which is basically MKX netcode (with minor changes) and wam bam same problems.. same goes for IGAU2

Phuck all you butthurt haters stuck in the 80's "no guest characters this is MK" yea it's MK in 2015 a time when we could include guest characters to increase the numbers of who gives a shyt about MK. Because top 32 at evo won't pay Boon's bills. Some of us grew up on MK & are die hard fans of other characters from the outside. To some Spawn in MK is a wet dream..so pull the stick out your ass, stop being so self-centered & appreciate that we even have this OPTION..NRS don't give a phuck about the netcode- fine!! Then SPAWN or NOTHING.

MadeOfMetal

Fixing the netcode is a longer process than creating new DLC and DLC gives money. To pay the programmers during the longer period of time that takes fixing the netcode they need the money generated by the DLC.
don't you think that Fixing the netcode would attract more buyers? hell they could even convert KI, Skullgirls, SF, DOA players over, if they fixed the netcode. online is a big deal. just because something takes effort, does not make it an excuse for lazyness... they need Online to work more than we do... if they fix it, i alone would buy all the boxes, every DLC content to come out. and all future games.

once word of mouth comes out, that MK anything sucks Online, money flow will stop, got to hand it to them though, they have pretty much seemed to silence the media, forums, websites and talkshows, about Online Experience very well so far... its about to all come out!

trufenix

bye felicia
just because it would take long to fix the issue doesnt mean just ignore it and say "well its to hard" better luck next time... this attitude is the reason why every one of their games are bad online.
The online works just fine for the vast majority of their consumer base. They are not going to rip the game apart to please like a hundred guys who bitch and moan no matter what they do anyway. You want results, stop buying the game.

LeoMK29

Noob
Phuck all you butthurt haters stuck in the 80's "no guest characters this is MK" yea it's MK in 2015 a time when we could include guest characters to increase the numbers of who gives a shyt about MK. Because top 32 at evo won't pay Boon's bills. Some of us grew up on MK & are die hard fans of other characters from the outside. To some Spawn in MK is a wet dream..so pull the stick out your ass, stop being so self-centered & appreciate that we even have this OPTION..NRS don't give a phuck about the netcode- fine!! Then SPAWN or NOTHING.
No

Fixing the netcode would definitely keep this game's online multiplayer component active quite a bit more I'm sure. I know tons of people that are huge fans of MKX that have stopped playing the game due to its horrible netcode. It's a shame because MK and its fans deserve so much better. Thankfully, I'm one of the lucky ones that haven't experienced too much instability in terms of the game's netcode.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
For the ''Idiots'' hinting Smoke coz there is ''smoke'' on the screen pls look -
in KP1 Teaser we have also ''Smoke'' but where the f*uck is the Character?
Also Boon Twitted that Smoke is not coming back.
And 3rd , how is a Character going to use the Faction kill with Smoke vs Smoke ingame?
Pls get real and use at least 10% of your Brain before posting giant piles of bullshit.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
thank you..couldn't have said it better....fuck guest characters...ppl hope for their favorite MK character to get in the game.(noob smoke cyrax sector rain ect.) but they also want fucking guest characters that have nothing to do with mk just to say they are apart of the game. so for everyone who wants guest characters, don't fucking complain when your fav character doesn't make the cut because he or she was replaced by some shit guest character.
Amen to that!

We could have already had Fujin or Bo Rai Cho for all those people that wanted them instead of having guests and that would free up two spots in this pack for sindel and rain or whoever the masses are clamoring for right now.

MadeOfMetal

Today Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed that NetherRealm Studios is developing new downloadable content (DLC) for Mortal Kombat™ X, The new content will include new playable characters, skins and a new environment, all of which will be available in the first half of 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/TheKombatTether/posts/868823196549187
better be because they are fixing the netcode along with that DLC patch.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
For the ''Idiots'' hinting Smoke coz there is ''smoke'' on the screen pls look -
in KP1 Teaser we have also ''Smoke'' but where the f*uck is the Character?
Also Boon Twitted that Smoke is not coming back.
And 3rd , how is a Character going to use the Faction kill with Smoke vs Smoke ingame?
Pls get real and use at least 10% of your Brain before posting giant piles of bullshit.
Boon also said that the pc port of mkx would just as good as the consoles he also said no mk characters in injustice