What's new

MKX is getting "30-some characters" in this new GamesCom interview

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Can't wait to see what the match up charts will look like.
I hope NRS is heading towards a non matchup-heavy game like SF4. Matchups were so important in MK9 it was ridiculous. But unfortunately the concept of character variations seems to point to a matchup-heavy game. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, if there are indeed 30+ characters, i.e. 90+ variations, that would take some balancing. Imbalances make skewed matchups, and we're back to extreme matchups.

Even if there are only 25 characters there will still be 75 variations. How are they gonna balance that shit ?? I'm really worried TBH.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Call me old school but I like seeing originals from other games come back. I am not saying I don't want new people but I always been into mk and loved the story so I appreciate seeing the returning cast more then the new ones. Just my opinion. Hopefully we get like 30 or so and if they do more then 1 season of dlc would be nice to see 4 for season 1 and 4 for season 2 I personally hate that injustice season 2 didn't have 4 new characters and the character select screen imo looks like I am missing characters.

haketh

Noob
Skullgirls had broke Shit with 8. Ki with 6. meanwhile Kof did pretty good with over 30 and tekken is up near 50. Balance is no reason not to swing for the fences.
KOF XIII & TTT2 had plenty of balance problems or are we just ignoring Iori's, Karate, Kim, Hwa