What's new

MKX is getting "30-some characters" in this new GamesCom interview

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
Ed Boon just tweeted this GamesCom interview from GamesCom 2014. One thing that Boon mentions is the character number when being asked about the roster and variations. He states that match-ups are a huge part of what the community will talk about when you have Raiden A going up against D'Vorah C or Kano B, etc.

Boon also expresses how he feels about the huge tournaments like EVO and MLG and how they've exploded over the last few years.

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

trufenix

bye felicia
Man, you guys really draw some random ass conclusions, but real talk can we send this Gamerhub guy out to every event? Finally an interview with some meat in it that wasn't just begging for characters or fatalities.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"This game is really deep"
How do you use the mechanics?
".... *long pause* ... I like the eye laser".

<3 Ed forever

P.S. I like his responses about e-sports, and I always dug how he keeps the same sort of youthful enthusiasm intact through all these years and games.

Last edited:
So I guess it's 24 plus 6 dlc, now I know we get an exclusive character so that's 1, my question is , does Goro count as dlc also? If so that means there are 4 dlc characters we don't know about
Maybe it'll just be 30 on the initial roster, who knows tbh. If Fujin is in, I don't give a fuck. lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ed sounded tired in this interview I mean literally.

Maybe that "Bare Bones" variation he's talked about since the interview I posted month back will be available later on for free as DLC or something.

So I guess it's 24 plus 6 dlc, now I know we get an exclusive character so that's 1, my question is , does Goro count as dlc also? If so that means there are 4 dlc characters we don't know about
IMO Goro wil be in the game as a NPC but pre orders will be able to play as him.

i think will be there UMKX
Me too, and I think UMKX will add the return Konquest Mode ;)
I bet for a 2017 release. I'll quote this message then :p

trufenix

bye felicia
I figured with all the variations that they'd tighten up the roster in order help keep decent balance.
Skullgirls had broke Shit with 8. Ki with 6. meanwhile Kof did pretty good with over 30 and tekken is up near 50. Balance is no reason not to swing for the fences.