What's new

MKX Hotfix 6-1-15

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
The other two less used variations suffer even more, because TG has another mid starting safe string to fall back on, so us displacers and MOSers lose a good mid poke and a mid low h knockdown. Fortunately, I never abused f12 (im usually displacer) so Im almost unaffected.

I see that lots of people are a bit unhappy about it because of the other variations. I just see it as more of a chance to land overheads. Maybe I'm just an optimist though.

MKX Hotfix live on Xbox Live, coming soon to PS4. Taken from Community.WBGames.com. Check out the changes below:
  • D’Vorah – Reduced damage of F4,4 by 2
  • D’Vorah (Swarm Queen) – Increased combo damage scaling after Wasp Grenade
  • Erron Black - Tackle is now -2 on hit (down from +20)
  • Erron Black (Outlaw) – Sand Toss / Sand Throw has 5 more recovery frames
  • Jason – Corpse Grab / Slam should no longer sometimes trade with jumping attacks
  • Jacqui – Adjusted many hitboxes to connect & combo more consistently
  • Kenshi – Slightly easier to juggle after Rising Sword / Sword Dance
  • Kenshi – 1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Kenshi – 1,1,4 can no longer be special canceled
  • Kenshi – D1 has 8 startup frames (down from 9)
  • Kenshi (Balanced) – Spirit Charge / Push has 2 more active frames & more pushback on block
  • Kenshi (Balanced) – Tele-Flurry / Tele-Beatdown is now -9 on block (up from -24)
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Reduced the hitbox on Sickle Lift
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Demon Assault / Demon Fury is now -23 on block (up from -33)
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Soul Push / Charge now has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Kenshi (Possessed) – Demon Slam / Drop is now -6 on block (up from -21)
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) – Increased Tele-Slam damage by 5
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) – Increased Tele-Toss / Strikes damage by 3
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) - Tele-Push / Blast now has 12 startup frames (down from 15) & is -13 on block (up from -9)
  • Kenshi (Kenjutsu)—Tele-dash toss is now a high block.
  • Kitana – Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
  • Kitana – B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
  • Kitana – B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
  • Kitana – B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
  • Kitana – Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently
  • Kotal Kahn (Blood God) – Increased effectiveness of Obsidian & Blood Totems
  • Kotal Kahn (Blood God) – Totems have 5 less recovery frames
  • Kotal Kahn – Air Takedown / Anti-Air Throw should no longer sometimes trade with jumping attacks
  • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) - Soul Scorch / Soul Scorch have 5 less recovery frames
  • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) - God Choke (all 3 levels) damage increased by 3
  • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) – God Choke (all 3 levels) increased hit advantage by 10
  • Mileena – 1 has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Mileena – D1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Mileena – 2 has 8 startup frames (down from 10)
  • Mileena – adjusted hitbox on b3 to hit more consistently
  • Raiden – F1 is now a high
  • Takeda – 1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Takeda – D1 has 8 startup frames (down from 10)
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Low Slash is now -19 on block (down from -24)
  • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Trip / Flip is now -11 on block (down from -21)
*Edited by Juggs
Wheres the Reptile buffs wth

aj1701

Noob
My problem with it is how long it takes for the stamina to come back.
Well, either one would be good; faster recovery after using or not requiring any to use (or just 1 bar instead of full). This seems like a very offense heavy game, and I think block breakers were meant to add some defensive options, but its useless due to cost, and combo breaker is pretty expensive too considering some characters need run.

The Erron Black nerfs are dumb. indirectly nerfs Gunslinger and Outlaw can just end with stab which is what they should have been doing this entire time. sand toss having more recovery just makes it stricter to land the jip after.

Bryck Walle

Counting the Days for the JCVD Johnny Costume!
Well, either one would be good; faster recovery after using or not requiring any to use (or just 1 bar instead of full). This seems like a very offense heavy game, and I think block breakers were meant to add some defensive options, but its useless due to cost, and combo breaker is pretty expensive too considering some characters need run.
It's the cost you pay to get them away from you. You shouldn't be rewarded for getting rushed down. They have to start their pressure again, and if you know what to look for it gives you a second chance to shut it down. I don't see anything wrong with that.

dmoon66

Noob
Why doesn't Mileena get a buff on f3's startup? Reading the responses from other Mileena players this is the main concern many have. Just make it at least a few frames faster than the horrible 33 it is at the moment. I get that she's a risky character...but risky AND slow?? plz

aj1701

Noob
It's the cost you pay to get them away from you. You shouldn't be rewarded for getting rushed down. They have to start their pressure again, and if you know what to look for it gives you a second chance to shut it down. I don't see anything wrong with that.
No one said anything about getting rewarded for using a breaker; I'm just saying the cost is too high. You'd still lose 2 bars of super meter even if they removed stamina from the breaker equation. It certainly doesn't seem like most characters have problems getting things going again, given all the talk of 50/50s and whatnot. Maybe my opinion is skewed b/c I only have online to go by which makes stuff harder to react to.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
See complaining about your character does work you guys. Buff Tanya she needs it her d3/4 are too bad and she can't handle pressure.

MB fireballs need to be over heads and plus on block like MB Zod Balls. I mean she has one less ball than Zod that's so unfair.

Takeda is too fast now. He has good everything not fair and balanced. #BlametheFlashPlayers
Salty bro?? @Zyphox

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Anyone else get the hotfix yet? 12:32, USA, I still didn't get the hotfix, Tanya, or skins yet.

Also, Kano flying under the radar yet again. Maybe NRS sees how balanced Kano is this time and won't just nerf him unfairly? All he really needs is a small hitbox extend on Cutthroat b1, armor on MB Bloody Slice(Cutthroat) and maybe something universal like being able to enhance air ball on block.

Can someone test to see if Mileena's EX TK just still stupidly wiffs on the 2nd hit against Goro and Human scorpion? Can't remember if that was fixed last time or not.

Pig if you could complain about Mileena next, that'd be great.

F1 hitting high just means you can poke out of F12 now. you could anyway since it was -3, but now you can do it while F1 is already coming out. Not really sure if it's a big deal yet.

Down 2

Noob
1:20 PM US, Tanya or the Skins will not show up in the PSN store and I still don't have the hotfix. Kenshi's Tele-Flurry is still -24 on block. :(
I went straight from the Ps store and downloaded her but still can't play her. She shows up in that little thing where if you wait and two random characters fight.

Did they really give kitana a 9 frame string that's plus 1 on block in a game with a frame pokes after nerfing raiden and Kano?? Does her b1 hit mid??

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Can someone test to see if Mileena's EX TK just still stupidly wiffs on the 2nd hit against Goro and Human scorpion? Can't remember if that was fixed last time or not.

Pig if you could complain about Mileena next, that'd be great.

F1 hitting high just means you can poke out of F12 now. you could anyway since it was -3, but now you can do it while F1 is already coming out. Not really sure if it's a big deal yet.
I presume you mean the Hanzo costume, why would it only happen to that?

I assume the wake-up tele and wake-up hat glitch for KL are gone. Has anyone tested?
Nope. They still work. Will probably be fixed in the next major patch I guess.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
We got caught up and have tanya right now. Only thing we don't have is this hot fix which Ed Boon has stated on twitter, that it's coming later today.
So you're saying we have the balance changes listed earlier today? The buffs to kenshi and kotal, etc, or is that in the hotfix later today? because I've read a couple posts saying PC is still a few balance patchs behind, though they do have Tanya, just not the balance changes