What's new

MKX Hotfix 6-1-15

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
What scorpion needs is to whiff his braindead teleport more often. He needs to stop knicking people out of the air into a full combo anywhere on the screen. It's worse than Kung Lao's spin, you can't even breathe or move or you get instachecked by teleport into a full combo.

It was fine in MK9 tracking wise.
Funny thing is you can't even jump away from it, still gonna hit you no matter where you are. Just gotta hold your ground and block. Dumb, and he can even cancel it with all his stamina, but that's just how he is in this game.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Raidens F1 being a high now means it can be neutral ducked whereas a mid cannot be neutral ducked it just adds a little more counterplay to raiden
Makes it easier to counterpoke for sure. I will say these patches/hotfixes have been done right though I do feel bad for Erron Black players slightly, I think most of us just wanted the special cancel points in 21122 adjusted a bit, not as much as they did. Kenshi/Kitana buffs certainly make those players happy. Being a Kotal Kahn player it's nice to see Blood and Sun God get adjusted/fixed/buffed.

Another patch/change where Jax is untouched. Perfection is a large black man with large steel arms.
Oh don't worry, Jax will be get hit.. HARD the next hotfix. I can see it now...
MKX Hotfix for Predator (Made up date so sue me!) 08/27/15:
Jax (Heavy Weapons) Rocket Launcher cancels went up to 98 startup frames (from the original 25)
... :DOGE

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Disclaimer: I am not a tournament player glistening in the limelight

My problem with these "Hotfixes" is that they're not. These are balance changes. To me, a hotfix should be something that NRS patches immediately to fix exploits, glitches, unintended mechanics, etc.

Should these things have been balanced? Absolutely. Kenshi was hurting. but these arent hotfixes, they're just reactions to people whining on forums and on twitter to Boon and company. They should have left things like this to a major balance patch where they revisit all characters.

To me, a character breaking issue is something that should be hotfixed. Ferra Torr's grounded state glitches? that should have been caught in QA, and should have been hotfixed a long time ago because it breaks the character in the design of the game. But no, we need to give Takeda an 8 frame D+1 like ASAP because i keep seeing it all over TYM forums about him having no options.

Jacqui's is definitely a hotfix, that crap was BS. Air grabs not trading with air attacks? Yup, that should definitely have gone in. Fixing blood totem? Yup. Things scaling improperly? Yup. But Frame data changes?

huh

Noob
Guys, anyone knows if the ESL Midseason Showdown today is using the latest hotfix?

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Disclaimer: I am not a tournament player glistening in the limelight

My problem with these "Hotfixes" is that they're not. These are balance changes. To me, a hotfix should be something that NRS patches immediately to fix exploits, glitches, unintended mechanics, etc.

Should these things have been balanced? Absolutely. Kenshi was hurting. but these arent hotfixes, they're just reactions to people whining on forums and on twitter to Boon and company. They should have left things like this to a major balance patch where they revisit all characters.

To me, a character breaking issue is something that should be hotfixed. Ferra Torr's grounded state glitches? that should have been caught in QA, and should have been hotfixed a long time ago because it breaks the character in the design of the game. But no, we need to give Takeda an 8 frame D+1 like ASAP because i keep seeing it all over TYM forums about him having no options.

Jacqui's is definitely a hotfix, that crap was BS. Air grabs not trading with air attacks? Yup, that should definitely have gone in. Fixing blood totem? Yup. Things scaling improperly? Yup. But Frame data changes?
Hotfix is just a term for the delivery method, not the type of changes.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Oh don't worry, Jax will be get hit.. HARD the next hotfix. I can see it now...
MKX Hotfix for Predator (Made up date so sue me!) 08/27/15:
Jax (Heavy Weapons) Rocket Launcher cancels went up to 98 startup frames (from the original 25)
... :DOGE
I played pumped up. LAW cancels are a bill. Restanding gotcha grabs is where its at.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
So you want her to have brain dead 50/50s and an easier way in?
her 50/50 are not the best in the game, i just want better run speed compare to SZ speed, no reason zoner run faster then rushdown, and she doesn't has many tools far range against zoners, her gun start up suck so why don't add some opportunities go get closer her ennemy

Agilaz

It has begun
Seems the Kenshi whining worked.

What do you say, @AoK Ryan and @RYX ? Time to start flooding the Goro forums?

I'll start here.

EX Punchwalk needs to be a 100% guaranteed recapture on hit
The U2 in B12U2 should not randomly whiff because I was a pixel too far out of breath smelling distance.
Buff EX Low Fireball damage
Decrease Telestomp startup OR make it a Telefly and let me do it while in the air
U1/U2 now have priority. Always. I'm talking crushing Scorpion's J3 levels of priority.
Alt skin pls.

And lastly, picking Scorpion against Goro cause a midget to visit your house and kick you in the balls.

I'll be waiting for my buffs right here.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
One problem I have with the variation system is that though I agree some changes had to be made to Outlaw Erron, it is annoying that the variation I play (Gunslinger) got nerfed by having his universal tackle move get nerfed. Gunslinger didn't need nerfs.
tackle is the command grab? if so it needed nerfs, regardless of the variation. that move is too strong if abused, and it got abused pretty often.

dittO

Noob
I really don't know what bothers me the most...

The fact that it took nearly two months for NRS to realize that a 6-frame/mid/combo starting/hit
confirmable (and so many other beneficial properties of said string), has NO place in this game's
system,

Or the fact that there are still people that believe it was...ok and shouldn't have been nerfed...

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Hotfix is just a term for the delivery method, not the type of changes.
Oh? Will a balance patch be delivered by Carrier pigeon then?

Make no mistake. I believe that these frame changes/properties should have been made. But not in this fashion. The fact that there are not balance changes for all characters is indicative that they do indeed make changes based on what people complain loudest about (whether warranted or not) and I just dont agree with that type of design philosophy.

I get the feeling we'll have the same thing that occurred in mk9. Several quick patches to fix what people whine about early on, and then later in the meta when truly broken and imbalanced things are discovered (like cyrax n kaballin') NRS will no longer care. Then we will have to deal with those types of issues that were not caught initially and hotfixed because they were too busy listening to twitter rants pushing out balance patches disguised as hotfixes instead of doing their own QA.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Make no mistake. I believe that these frame changes/properties should have been made. But not in this fashion. The fact that there are not balance changes for all characters is indicative that they do indeed make changes based on what people complain loudest about (whether warranted or not) and I just dont agree with that type of design philosophy.
No carrier pigeons, but 'patch' and 'hotfix/tweakvars' are still talking about two different methods of delivering changes.

Also as stated before, why would you assume that the incremental changes are based on crying, and not that people mainly cry about the things that needed prompt attention in the first place? Generally if a developer thinks there's a big enough issue to warrant correction, there are tons of other people who have noticed it and are complaining about it as well.

So far they've made slight nerfs to Kung Jin, Raiden, Sub Zero, Quan Chi, D'Vorah + Erron Black, and given Kitana, Kenshi, Takeda, Kotal, Shinnok + Mileena some help. Looks very reasonable to me.

Last edited:

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
No carrier pigeons, but 'patch' and 'hotfix/tweakvars' are still talking about two different methods of delivering changes.

Also as stated before, why would you assume that the incremental changes are based on crying, and not that people mainly cry about the things that needed prompt attention in the first place? Generally if a developer thinks there's a big enough issue to warrant correction, there are tons of other people who have noticed it and are complaining about it as well.

So far they've made slight nerfs to Kung Jin, Raiden, Sub Zero, Quan Chi, D'Vorah + Erron Black, and given Kitana, Kenshi, Takeda, Kotal, Shinnok + Mileena some help. Looks very reasonable to me.
In relation to this game, i suppose your idea of a balance patch and items that should be hotfix are different than mine. we can agree to disagree.

Kung Jin dmg nerf? Scaling issue, should have been hotfixed
Raiden? Shocker scaling should have been hotfixed, frame data changes no
Sub Zero? Grandmaster hit with a cryohammer. Knee jerk reaction and heavy handed, unwarranted
Quan Chi? if bat cooldown wasnt applied properly, then yea hotfix. if it was and they just changed it because people cried, then no
Dvorah? scaling issue, hotfix it
Mileena hitbox issues? hotfix it
Jacqui hitbox issues? hotfix it
Kotal blood totem disappearing on hit? hotfix it

but the rest of it? nah. Lets take a look at shinnok. Hell sparks was overly buffed in my opinion and not thought out. I'm willing to bet another balance adjustment - I'm sorry, hotfix - will be made to to re-balance him, and that will just prove my point.

Levaranoia

War God

I get the feeling we'll have the same thing that occurred in mk9. Several quick patches to fix what people whine about early on, and then later in the meta when truly broken and imbalanced things are discovered (like cyrax n kaballin') NRS will no longer care. Then we will have to deal with those types of issues that were not caught initially and hotfixed because they were too busy listening to twitter rants pushing out balance patches disguised as hotfixes instead of doing their own QA.
Bruh, do you really think it's that easy for them to go thru all characters and variations and just throw out a patch? It's gonna take time for them to go thru everything and make adjustments. Throwing out a hot fix is a lot easier for them to do. Unlike a patch which I believe has to go thru Sony and Microsoft's qa. Be patient. They may not have got to your character yet but they will.

Gustavness

The Tech Whisperer
Bruh, do you really think it's that easy for them to go thru all characters and variations and just throw out a patch? It's gonna take time for them to go thru everything and make adjustments. Throwing out a hot fix is a lot easier for them to do. Unlike a patch which I believe has to go thru Sony and Microsoft's qa. Be patient. They may not have got to your character yet but they will.
You misunderstand me. It's not about my characters getting buffed or nerfed, i know how to play about 8 of them already. I really enjoy this game. but i feel like when they just throw changes out like this so early in the games life they're not thought out well. Frame data and property changes due to overreaction because of a variation strength if not done properly throw out the balance of the other two and cause bigger issues.

Yes, they should be listening to feedback, reading forums, etc etc. But swinging around the buff/nerf hammer because of it is unwise in my opinion. Major balance patches should be every 4 months IMO

Afumba

Noob
You misunderstand me. It's not about my characters getting buffed or nerfed, i know how to play about 8 of them already. I really enjoy this game. but i feel like when they just throw changes out like this so early in the games life they're not thought out well. Frame data and property changes due to overreaction because of a variation strength if not done properly throw out the balance of the other two and cause bigger issues.

Yes, they should be listening to feedback, reading forums, etc etc. But swinging around the buff/nerf hammer because of it is unwise in my opinion. Major balance patches should be every 4 months IMO
I consider agreeing with you if you can give me any proof that they will care about supporting the game with balancing and patches for the period of time needed to apply what you stated.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
this patch hardly effected me but the way it did it was awesome:D

• Erron Black - Tackle is now -2 on hit (down from +20)
  • Erron Black (Outlaw) – Sand Toss / Sand Throw has 5 more recovery frames
woop woop!;)

• Kitana – Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
  • Kitana – B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
  • Kitana – B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
  • Kitana – B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
  • Kitana – Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently
for so long i felt that other characters worked for me in better ways, im a more aggressive player so i need the mix ups, but ill take what i can get with her:)

• Mileena – 1 has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Mileena – D1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
  • Mileena – 2 has 8 startup frames (down from 10)
  • Mileena – adjusted hitbox on b3 to hit more consistently
and last but not least MILEENA is my girl 1-11SU frames :)
everything is quicker that helps alot.

and back 3 needed that:p

here is the rest:

• D’Vorah – Reduced damage of F4,4 by 2
  • D’Vorah (Swarm Queen) – Increased combo damage scaling after Wasp Grenade
    • Jason – Corpse Grab / Slam should no longer sometimes trade with jumping attacks
    • Jacqui – Adjusted many hitboxes to connect & combo more consistently
    • Kenshi – Slightly easier to juggle after Rising Sword / Sword Dance
    • Kenshi – 1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
    • Kenshi – 1,1,4 can no longer be special canceled
    • Kenshi – D1 has 8 startup frames (down from 9)
    • Kenshi (Balanced) – Spirit Charge / Push has 2 more active frames & more pushback on block
    • Kenshi (Balanced) – Tele-Flurry / Tele-Beatdown is now -9 on block (up from -24)
    • Kenshi (Possessed) – Reduced the hitbox on Sickle Lift
    • Kenshi (Possessed) – Demon Assault / Demon Fury is now -23 on block (up from -33)
    • Kenshi (Possessed) – Soul Push / Charge now has 11 startup frames (down from 14)
    • Kenshi (Possessed) – Demon Slam / Drop is now -6 on block (up from -21)
    • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) – Increased Tele-Slam damage by 5
    • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) – Increased Tele-Toss / Strikes damage by 3
    • Kenshi (Kenjutsu) - Tele-Push / Blast now has 12 startup frames (down from 15) & is -13 on block (up from -9)
    • Kenshi (Kenjutsu)—Tele-dash toss is now a high block.
    • Kotal Kahn (Blood God) – Increased effectiveness of Obsidian & Blood Totems
    • Kotal Kahn (Blood God) – Totems have 5 less recovery frames
    • Kotal Kahn – Air Takedown / Anti-Air Throw should no longer sometimes trade with jumping attacks
    • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) - Soul Scorch / Soul Scorch have 5 less recovery frames
    • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) - God Choke (all 3 levels) damage increased by 3
    • Kotal Kahn (Sun God) – God Choke (all 3 levels) increased hit advantage by 10
    • Raiden – F1 is now a high
    • Takeda – 1 has 9 startup frames (down from 11)
    • Takeda – D1 has 8 startup frames (down from 10)
    • Takeda (Lasher) - Low Slash is now -19 on block (down from -24)
    • Takeda (Lasher) - Whip Trip / Flip is now -11 on block (down from -21)
these didnt effect me that much... but hey good for them.

what does everyone think about the hotfix?

how did it help you?

did it help you?