What's new

Combo List - Ermac MKX Ermac Combos Thread

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Aside from the execution.

From what I understood in the game plan here is to maintain string levitation cancel upon the opponent since he does not have any projectiles. His advancing mid's are also not suitable for primary offensive tools, though i like to approach with d3/22/11 string stagger into levi cancel. However because I just picked him up and since I am not a fan of flip coin game plan, simple OH/low starter mixed with d3 is not an option for me to go with in a first place. I am looking for legit pressure system and I believe I can build up his offense on the levitation pressure, unless I am wrong. I havent even played once or saw a Spectral ermac on online so I Am not sure about all this.
Gameplan is get that bitch to the corner and make their life hell lol. But seriously, his SA (Soul Ascension) is a great tool for baiting out and making armour moves whiff in the neutral and with the removal of armoured launchers, this seems to make his meta a little more dominating. Use B124 and S1 & S11 to keep the pressure on and when you feel its necessary, confirm into SA and maintain said pressure. Don't be dispirited with his 50/50 game, its a big part of his offence. I pick Spectral 99% of the time even though I know I shouldn't lol. Are you on PC/PS4 or XB1?

Do you guys see worth ending combos with Soul Burst? It's +3 hit adv. what about b1d2 +15 hit adv. and knockdown and you can land f12d1 since it's on range to keep pressuring. And what bout in the corner? ending with f34 it gives +54 hit adv. Am a noob with the framedata but, makes sense for me right?

Btw I'm thinking to give a try to Mystic (currently playing MoS) can anyone post the basics bnbs?
B1D2 is a great yet under utilized tool of Ermac's. It stops the opponent from tech rolling also which can be very useful in the right set-up. I would check out @BxA Ragnarök youtube for Mystic & MoS. He has recently put together a good video to get people like yourself started :)

Mahjunia

Noob
I used to play Ermoc before XL and then stopped playing since PC was dead, was average player but never got into the framedata after playing some SFV and got into it deeply. I really think b1d2 can make you continue apply pressure and you can also bait armors or risky wakeups. MoS has tons of combos which you can do and manage to do always 30%+ by just knowing the strings etc. but with Mystic I find my self a little lost, I'll watch @BxA Ragnarök 's Utube and see what I find.

Thanks Nausea!

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Another quick video this time to outline his meterless corner game. It has basically remained the same post patch. Vortex is your friend. But there are, of course more options that are still to come (B12, S11 and IASB Pressure ect.) Currently looking into SA D3 meaty +frames aswell with a good heads up from the main man @smokey :D

Think I will start a thread later today now that I have 2 down and 1 in the works! @BxA Ragnarök @ROG Moonspell

EDIT*** I completely forgot that B3, 1234 links in the corner for 25%. Mainly because its annoyingly tight. B3 easy 234 just makes more sense.

Last edited:

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Good stuff dude, look forward to seeing the meter versions and what kinda crazy amounts of SA1 you can put in!

Also feeling like the meaty stuff is pretty legit, but its gonna be a case of timing something within 3-4 frames so it is what it is.. I'll keep searching for the way to get it down later but it could prove to be really strong if theres an obvious way to get the timing.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Good stuff dude, look forward to seeing the meter versions and what kinda crazy amounts of SA1 you can put in!

Also feeling like the meaty stuff is pretty legit, but its gonna be a case of timing something within 3-4 frames so it is what it is.. I'll keep searching for the way to get it down later but it could prove to be really strong if theres an obvious way to get the timing.
Working on it haha! Its some crazyness man as you can imagine lol. I've been messing about with a F34 ender and it feels as though SA D3 is at least neutral so messing with more enders now. Looking forward to hearing what you've got. :D

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Working on it haha! Its some crazyness man as you can imagine lol. I've been messing about with a F34 ender and it feels as though SA D3 is at least neutral so messing with more enders now. Looking forward to hearing what you've got. :D
In theory if an ender lets you whiff a slam before they wake up then all you have to do is delay the slam off that ender until they are only waking up into the last active frame, that should give you all the advantage.
In reality its a difference of like 1-10 frames so manually timing its gonna be dumb. Finding something that lets you instantly SA d3, or whiff something to get the timing right it would be ideal, but unlikely that any of his knockdowns have that. So its just trial and error until you find a consistent way to make it happen. And there may not even be a way to make it less manual lol

Nausea

Soul Ascended
You'd be surprised how quickly you can build meter full screen using S.A Air Burst.
2 special moves, 2x the meter build. Same with SA D3 lol

to build a bar its 11 Soul Ascensions and 10 Soul Blasts. Doing SA D3 builds 3x meter because you have more of a chance of the opponent blocking it. It only takes 6 blocked SA D3 to build one bar of meter :)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

Check it. Its defo not -1 lmao. Still messing about with it but you can get a D1 to trade hits with Reptiles 6f armoured slide :eek:

@smokey @BxA Ragnarök
@Scott The Scot had a good trick which i stole which shows it can be quite a bit more +.
Set block all, reversal spin Lao, delay wake up on. Sweep then try time the slam to be meaty like that. Ive got f3 to trade with KL spin so its +4 or 5 im sure. If the frame data means anything, it could be up to +9 if you are a just frame jedi.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@Scott The Scot had a good trick which i stole which shows it can be quite a bit more +.
Set block all, reversal spin Lao, delay wake up on. Sweep then try time the slam to be meaty like that. Ive got f3 to trade with KL spin so its +4 or 5 im sure. If the frame data means anything, it could be up to +9 if you are a just frame jedi.
I particularly like Buzzsaw/Hat Trick's EX spin because 1) EX no longer as armour so you know when you trade or when you beat it out 2) It advances forward on startup so it helps when testing with moves that has push back.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
I particularly like Buzzsaw/Hat Trick's EX spin because 1) EX no longer as armour so you know when you trade or when you beat it out 2) It advances forward on startup so it helps when testing with moves that has push back.
Noted! Cheers lads! Its getting there. My head is fried man I've been in this lab for like 5 hours lmao. Do you think there is anyway to make this jail then? A B1 or S2 trade seems to be on the cards then!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@Nausea

I am on ps4. I just picked him up and honestly the biggest issue is forming a offensive a plan, i can push the buttons while SA somewhat. I need to know how to go from f4 yet. I think personally that either you forgot to mention or you don't know how good imo f2 is as pressure tool. I have an idea but I can't yet wrapp this yet into a form while playing. Instead of d4 as AA I go for d1 because it's something I've been using since MK9, old habits die hard God damn it! I also think f3 is hell of pressure tool as well. I don't know where his ex push comes in play either. I've came across many scenarios where regular push would work amazingly as whiff punisher - it's like he's got extension to his limbs. I also have in mind the old Ermac cage MK9 charge setups crawling around my mind (b2) in this case. I am in a Subway now and it's hard to focus here cause I don't have my phone's on but there are other things I've noticed and regardless I barely play with ermac (I never played any version) I have these concepts. Unfortunately I lack of free time as well. A day could have 34 hours, that wouldve been ideal.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Noted! Cheers lads! Its getting there.My head is fried man I've been in this lab for like 5 hours lmao. Do you think there is anyway to make this jail then?
As mentioned before, you can get it to +4 or 5 for certain so the b1 will beat spin clean, but it is a high so they could poke out after the slam. Ideally need to find a way to get the f3 to beat spin rather than trade, which i believe can be done. Its inconsistent and I havent tried to set it up off a combos yet, but if theres any way to get it consistently off a hitconfirm spectral is going to be (more) stupid.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
@Nausea

I am on ps4. I just picked him up and honestly the biggest issue is forming a offensive a plan, i can push the buttons while SA somewhat. I need to know how to go from f4 yet. I think personally that either you forgot to mention or you don't know how good imo f2 is as pressure tool. I have an idea but I can't yet wrapp this yet into a form while playing. Instead of d4 as AA I go for d1 because it's something I've been using since MK9, old habits die hard God damn it! I also think f3 is hell of pressure tool as well. I don't know where his ex push comes in play either. I've came across many scenarios where regular push would work amazingly as whiff punisher - it's like he's got extension to his limbs. I also have in mind the old Ermac cage MK9 charge setups crawling around my mind (b2) in this case. I am in a Subway now and it's hard to focus here cause I don't have my phone's on but there are other things I've noticed and regardless I barely play with ermac (I never played any version) I have these concepts.
Nice man I need to get me one of those soon lmao. Yeah dude these are all things that have been touched on a while ago. There's some footage darting around on my Youtube channel but it will be covered more thoroughly in this guide I am in the process of making. F2 and F3 are also great neutral tools but just a little slower than the more optimal punishes. B1 is also a fantastic anti air and in some instances D1 isn't the greatest (SZ JI2 for example cannot be d1 anti aired consistently.) B2 is gimmicky because you dont need to respect the unblockable aspect like you did in MK9 because its not there, just some + frames and with the amount of fast normals, cancels are rarely used but I do still use them if the opponent is respecting a lil too much. It tends to throw people off. That's cool bro but since playing him from day 1 there isn't alot left unexplored but I'm still searching all the time :)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Nice man I need to get me one of those soon lmao. Yeah dude these are all things that have been touched on a while ago. There's some footage darting around on my Youtube channel but it will be covered more thoroughly in this guide I am in the process of making. F2 and F3 are also great neutral tools but just a little slower than the more optimal punishes. B1 is also a fantastic anti air and in some instances D1 isn't the greatest (SZ JI2 for example cannot be d1 anti aired consistently.) B2 is gimmicky because you dont need to respect the unblockable aspect like you did in MK9 because its not there, just some + frames and with the amount of fast normals, cancels are rarely used but I do still use them if the opponent is respecting a lil too much. It tends to throw people off. That's cool bro but since playing him from day 1 there isn't alot left unexplored but I'm still searching all the time :)
I see, I see. These AS cancels may not be as good as I think they are. I mean there is a reason why all we see is Mos or Mystic.

Going to switch my console in 30 min and explore the Abra Cadabra Gimmicks xD

Nausea

Soul Ascended
As mentioned before, you can get it to +4 or 5 for certain so the b1 will beat spin clean, but it is a high so they could poke out after the slam. Ideally need to find a way to get the f3 to beat spin rather than trade, which i believe can be done. Its inconsistent and I havent tried to set it up off a combos yet, but if theres any way to get it consistently off a hitconfirm spectral is going to be (more) stupid.
Right I got it man. S2 and B12 beat spin no bother with that set-up. Taking a break just now to grab some dinner. Catch you in a bit mate!

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Noted! Cheers lads! Its getting there. My head is fried man I've been in this lab for like 5 hours lmao. Do you think there is anyway to make this jail then? A B1 or S2 trade seems to be on the cards then!
Made a video in regards to his meaty game from what I've found, the slides are short so that it would render and upload faster so just pause at them so you can read them lol.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Hey guys! I've been playing mos ermac for quite a while but due to the recent changes in picking up mystic cause damn. Anyway I'm trying to do the combos and none of the work. F4 into lift mid combo doesn't work and any combo that ends in uppercut push doesn't work. Am I just Ms timing it or do these not work anymore?

F4 xx Lift can only be used early in the combo when the opponent is being juggled from near max height. You're better off using B12, F3 or stand 4.

omooba

fear the moobs
question: what are you guys doing off f3 other than f3 into teleport or f3 into lift. Since f3 is so fucking easy to hitconfirm i'd like to know max dmg midscreen and in corner

F3 xx D1 is the easiest. If you want max damage then practice F3 ~ B12. It's a strict 1-2 frame confirm, but will net you more damage across all variations.