What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

omooba

fear the moobs
Cause he got an extra 10% added to his combos if he uses meter, are you guys serious. You guys are deluded.
umm 50% 1 bar? 70% two bar?
dude from a fellow torr player to another, he will get nerfed to hell in the update after kp2 update because tym will complain like crazy so they should just take it out now or at least take it out of ruthless. the dmg is only insane with png buff
edit: i meant 70% 2 buffs sorry

Last edited:

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Shut up, that would make too much sense for NRS.
Yeah, they tend to make some really bonehead decisions internally. I know of a lot of people in the community who will just buy the characters they want, those guys would have DEFINITELY bought KP2 if it came with a beta code.

But I will not dog them too much. NRS redeemed themselves with their support of MKX in my book. It just baffles me that they did not use the beta to attract pre orders for MKXL and KP2....because that would have helped generate many more sales than they will even end up with. And it would have kept fans busy with MK content during the month their rival Street Fighter releases its new title.

LIGUE

Noob
Hey guys, long time fgc scrub here, and TYM lurker. First time making a post!
Anyways I just have some ideas, about some systems changes that I would love to hear your opinion on.

1. Breaker Changes:
I see a lot of people here with mixed reviews over the new breaker system, costing the stamina bars from both people. I can understand the arguments for both camps, 1. Welcoming the new change as it promotes a neutral situation, not making the defender feel severely helpless, Clearly that is what NRS wants if they are going that route, yet also I understand the opposite group -> 2. The people of the opposite camp who are not opposed to the idea that forcing someone to break punishes them for landing a hit.

My suggestion which I haven't read anyone come up with **apologies if I am plagiarizing someones idea** would be to, welcome the new change, stamina depletion and all BUT
Change the BLOCK BREAKER system so that it NO LONGER COSTS STAMINA.

This defensive system is under imo is under utilized - for good reason. It is simply too expensive to *push block* someone out of chip for 2 bars. Especially if you did not get hit. Against the likes of Johnny, Liu, Lao this tool was meant to be a way to deal with the excessive chip! Ive read some advocates for changing block breaker to cost only 1 bar, but I do not think it NRS would want a push block heavy game. Understanding their like for offensive oriented game play.
What it does though, is it would give an incentive to keep the Breaker system the way it is, putting both players in neutral would be a conscience decision, especially if it eats up your stamina, and gives people a reason to also think about block breaking as it is still heavily expensive for the breaker but at least both camps get to keep their stamina, and characters like Johnny cage, and lao can play their offensive game.

2. TECH THROW CHANGES: from 50/ 50 guess -> Teching at the right TIME
This is more of a personal gripe with the MK in general, but I was always curious about other peoples thoughts on this subject. While I understand that throws itself are not that powerful, 12% which leaves both players at a neutral position is duckable, and can be poked out off vs potentially 30-40% damage on hit/ insane chip damage + meter building on block string.
However, I never understood why teching a throw has to be a guessing 50/50 game. Even in games like Tekken, where the throws are 50/50 at least as an animation change to indicate which button to tech with. Throws should be a conditioning tool, but a smart (awake) defensive player should be able to tech a throw if he's just aware. Similar in fashion to street fighter, teching via timing becomes its more a mind game/ mix up option tool rather a pure mix up guessing game. I love the idea that you can't tech a throw if you are holding block, similar to soul calibur. It's meant to be a legitimate counter to block holders, yet I personally believe no one purposefully techs a throw. Usually techs happen upon accident of mashing your characters best string. I do not think it should be like that. I hope if they do decide to ever to this, that the tech window not be as delayed and large as injustice though, because back then it was so easy to tech that it made going for the throw almost useless. The window imho should be similar to that of SF, perfect for catching players to are sleeping, yet not fast enough that it isn't reactable/ readable.

All in all, I made this my first post in order to gauge the community about the current system of MKX. It in all honesty its such a great game, these are just some personal opinions from a random fgc scrub. I'd love to hear feed back on your thoughts on these changes/ ideas, and why these would be. good or bad.
Anyways TYM let me have it !
- Ligue

tl;dr
1. Welcome new breaker system which depletes both players stamina bar
2. Change block breakers so that it no longer costs stamina for a break for any player
3. Change teching throws from legitimate 50/50 guesses, to that of reactionary SF timing based techs.

Skedar70

Noob
I was playing yesterday and all my buttons went back to the default buttons between rounds. I was using Kotal Kahn and we were on the training stage. When I went back to the options menu, everything was correctly mapped. When I went back into a new match, the buttons were back to working as they should.
This happened to me. I already posted about this and it happened to me again today.

dude from a fellow torr player to another, he will get nerfed to hell in the update after kp2 update because tym will complain like crazy so they should just take it out now or at least take it out of ruthless. the dmg is only insane with png buff
You need like 3 pngs don't you

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
Like most ferra torr and Liu are my concern. Dragons fire I'd like to see the full screen bicycle kick be -8. I think a full screen armoured launcher that's plus on block is a bit much lol
2 bars to get the armored launcher that is neutral on block is too much? Lets not forget that his meter building got nerfed on his mb flying kick as well as his bicycle kick on block. I thought peoples biggest issue was his ''block infinite" even though some characters got their d1 buffed. Now that its fixed, you guys still complain about him. How about Quan Chi still having the hard to blockables? Buhu, you now have to spend a bar to summon the bat during trance, and if I'm not mistaken, he now has a legit wakeup. Liu has really lame footsies, his footsies consist off b2 (which is punishable) d2 , f44 which has whiffing issues and the flying kick, sure, he has good zoning to compensate, but as far as I remember, Quan chi has better zoning and better footsies. I really could go on and on, but you get the point. Ferra/Torr is a whole other story,as the character really was good before, I think Biohazard has proven that quite well. Dragon's Fire is good only because of the FRC that people have to respect, you take it out and DF is average, and thats me being optimistic about it.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
2 bars to get the armored launcher that is neutral on block is too much? Lets not forget that his meter building got nerfed on his mb flying kick as well as his bicycle kick on block. I thought peoples biggest issue was his ''block infinite" even though some characters got their d1 buffed. Now that its fixed, you guys still complain about him. How about Quan Chi still having the hard to blockables? Buhu, you now have to spend a bar to summon the bat during trance, and if I'm not mistaken, he now has a legit wakeup. Liu has really lame footsies, his footsies consist off b2 (which is punishable) d2 , f44 which has whiffing issues and the flying kick, sure, he has good zoning to compensate, but as far as I remember, Quan chi has better zoning and better footsies. I really could go on and on, but you get the point. Ferra/Torr is a whole other story,as the character really was good before, I think Biohazard has proven that quite well. Dragon's Fire is good only because of the FRC that people have to respect, you take it out and DF is average, and thats me being optimistic about it.
So apologies maybe im misunderstanding, So to go from Flying kick into Bicycle kick is 2 bars? Thats the one that leaves him at +1?

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Dude, no offense,but are you dyslexic? xD The flying kick mb is +1, you can meterburn it again to be neutral, which is an armored launcher, you can punish that if you're looking for it.
Nope, just wanted to make sure i was right about full screen armoured launcher. Thanks for the help!

cheschifodisito

hit me up on psn: mr_diem
wait.. i downloaded my friend's beta but can't play it due to account based license...so basically, i can play the beta only with his account...any way around this? thx

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
wait.. i downloaded my friend's beta but can't play it due to account based license...so basically, i can play the beta only with his account...any way around this? thx
Make his account the 'main' account (i.e. Activate his account) then you can access any games downloaded from his profile on any of the others saved on your PS4

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Ruthless can get 61 meterless and 63 with 1 bar even without the new patch and no one ever complained I don't understand why Everyone is going ape shit because they do now. 9-10% more damage.

omooba

fear the moobs
Ruthless can get 61 meterless and 63 with 1 bar even without the new patch and no one ever complained I don't understand why Everyone is going ape shit because they do now. 9-10% more damage.
there's also the 50/50 launcher. but idk the more i think about the more it seems less broke than i thought it was. but one this is for sure. he doesn't need it

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
there's also the 50/50 launcher. but idk the more i think about the more it seems less broke than i thought it was. but one this is for sure. he doesn't need it
Yes ruthless really doesn't need that's true but I don't think it will break the character. What is the frame data of both ex ferra tosses on block in the beta? I'd like to know if they're actually punishable.

omooba

fear the moobs
Yes ruthless really doesn't need that's true but I don't think it will break the character. What is the frame data of both ex ferra tosses on block in the beta? I'd like to know if they're actually punishable.
i think they're at least safe. at least they are fuzzy blockable

Status
Not open for further replies.