What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Because they saw wonder chef do a big combo out of context and they never learned the match up before and are dreading having to learn it now after the buffs. Ruthless IS top tier though right now I just find it funny they still dont know a single detail about the character but talk about them like they do when theyve never taken them to the lab once and probably never played a real FT player before either
thanks for that and he is good but not 100 % top of the game so yeah might just be no one wants to learn how to fight F/T i don't know

omooba

fear the moobs
Scorpion I could very well be wrong on, but I believed D'vorah to be a contender for S tier anyway, now that her only weakness, bad armor, has been plugged she has top footsies, top pressure, safe 50/50s and pretty decent damage. Like I said, could be wrong, but I'm calling it on D'vorah.
whouldn't say she has top pressure. it is really good though
and her 50/50's can be option selected

Wigy

There it is...
Doesn't give a combo and isn't safe. For instance Kano has great universal armor in upball (fast, safe, multi hitting) and Kano ball (unsafe but gives full combo). Not saying Dvorah's new armor is bad, but it's not really top tier armor.
Shes pretty top tier in like every other catagory though? Now she has a decent get off me. Also isn't it really plus on it.

Kano ball is safe but its also super baitable cause its horrible range and whiff recovery. Every move has its good and bad factors its not quite as simple as does it give a combo and is -6 or less

Not sure how big a factor this is but with pushback etc its not a reliable decent punish.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Shes pretty top tier in like every other catagory though? Now she has a decent get off me. Also isn't it really plus on it.

Kano ball is safe but its also super baitable cause its horrible range and whiff recovery.

Not sure how big a factor this is but with pushback etc its not a reliable decent punish.
She's very top tier IMO, just like Quan is (was?) even with poor armor. You were discussing whether her armor MADE her top tier though. It's a good improvement but it won't make or break her is my point

Wigy

There it is...
She's very top tier IMO, just like Quan is (was?) even with poor armor. You were discussing whether her armor MADE her top tier though. It's a good improvement but it won't make or break her is my point
i just think with all the nerfs, i dont know whats holding her back

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
the breaker change actually hurts dvorah...shes def not S tier
In theory, yes it does hurt her. In reality, no. Same thing with Cage, just because you have to play a bit more patient doesn't mean you're at a disadvantage. I'm not parading for D'Vorah or Cage nerfs btw, Im actually thinking of maining Cage. Just voicing my opinion here.

Because they saw wonder chef do a big combo out of context and they never learned the match up before and are dreading having to learn it now after the buffs. Ruthless IS top tier though right now I just find it funny they still dont know a single detail about the character but talk about them like they do when theyve never taken them to the lab once and probably never played a real FT player before either
I think people are more concerned with the launching, safe (or plus I'm not exactly sure yet) 50/50 specials.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
thanks for that and he is good but not 100 % top of the game so yeah might just be no one wants to learn how to fight F/T i don't know
Yeah well it sucks for them because its going to be way harder to learn them now. I guess everyone was just lile: " Im not going to run into Bio in tourney, so no point learning this character correctly." The thing is, there was so much misinformation spread about Ferra Torr before these buffs that I dont even feel sorry for them.

Ferra Torr 101:

1. What is close overhead toss on block

2. Name at least 3 options they lose when Ferra is off Torrs back

3. Explain how pain n gain works fully

4. What are their wake up options in the stances with Ferra

5. What is Lackeys EX Torryuken and charge on block

If you cant answer 4/5 of those questions correctly then Im really just going to not take your opinion of Ferra Torr seriously at all. Its funny because I would be surprised if the majority of the people crying about FT now could even answer 2 of them correctly lol

Wetdoba

All too easy...
In theory, yes it does hurt her. In reality, no. Same thing with Cage, just because you have to play a bit more patient doesn't mean you're at a disadvantage. I'm not parading for D'Vorah or Cage nerfs btw, Im actually thinking of maining Cage. Just voicing my opinion here.

I think people are more concerned with the launching, safe (or plus I'm not exactly sure yet) 50/50 specials.
That is fair, they are pretty dumb if they dont end up punishable from point blank but its not like I would rely on a dumb gimmick like that anyway. If people think they can pick them up and be carried by that alone without learning the intricacies of the character as well they are in for a rude awakening. The EX tosses should just be used to full combo sprinters with the low or jumpers with the overhead. I was playing a Quan last night though and he punished the EX overhead with D1 by accident so its at least -6, I havent tested the EX low from up close though. They are reactable as a mix up from full screen though and you cant combo off the overhead from anywhere but point blank so it would at least be nice if people stop calling them full screen launching 50-50s. Just block low so you dont get launched from fullscreen and react to the overhead

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
If you are already top tier, and everyone else in the top tier gets nerfed, while you get a buff completely plugging the only hole in your game, where exactly do you think that leaves you?

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Yeah well it sucks for them because its going to be way harder to learn them now. I guess everyone was just lile: " Im not going to run into Bio in tourney, so no point learning this character correctly." The thing is, there was so much misinformation spread about Ferra Torr before these buffs that I dont even feel sorry for them.

Ferra Torr 101:

1. What is close overhead toss on block

2. Name at least 3 options they lose when Ferra is off Torrs back

3. Explain how pain n gain works fully

4. What are their wake up options in the stances with Ferra

5. What is Lackeys EX Torryuken and charge on block

If you cant answer 4/5 of those questions correctly then Im really just going to not take your opinion of Ferra Torr seriously at all. Its funny because I would be surprised if the majority of the people crying about FT now could even answer 2 of them correctly lol

well i played F/T lacky for along time and i learned a lot and i only love playing lacky i felt that he really didn't have many problems and people online never really knew what to do but i really enjoy lacky and i never really dropped him so i hope that i can take the changes and get better now so yeah people better what out for bio in tournament because F/T was over looked and now people better learn

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Whats wrong with it?
It's forces most characters to stop and read it now instead of just continuing to play their game, sure, but it still doesn't really put the ball in her court by any metric. I would dare say Jacqui's armor in current MKX is still better than D'vorah's armor in beta MKX, which kinda says a lot.

Personally I would've just gone the Warlock route with her (give her threatening armor only in a lesser variation).

God Confirm

Well others got buffed and it's not like top tiers got nerfed to hell.
Kung Lao, Quan Chi, Jax, Cassie, LK, and if the rumours are true Tremor & Tanya have all been heavily nerfed. So yeah, it is kinda like she was the only top tier to get buffed

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You know your connection speeds at all? Do a speed test and post results.

Chances are, your internet may be fucking things up. My connection is a pretty meh 30mb download/mb upload connection, but getting it did wonders to online play for a majority of games.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Kung Lao, Quan Chi, Jax, Cassie, LK, and if the rumours are true Tremor & Tanya have all been heavily nerfed. So yeah, it is kinda like she was the only top tier to get buffed
Jax and Kang definitely haven't been nerfed to the degree of the other top tiers, I'd actually say Jax has maybe been buffed cause of the universal command grab on hit changes.

God Confirm

stopped reading at Jax
That's the awesome thing the truth though. Just because you personally choose to close your eyes to it, doesn't make it any less true.

Jax and Kang definitely haven't been nerfed to the degree of the other top tiers, I'd actually say Jax has maybe been buffed cause of the universal command grab on hit changes.
I agree, hence why I had BOTH of them in my predictions for top 5 characters after. Jax definitely hasn't been buffed though, the tick throw on hit is nice but ~5% on combo's is fucking massive tho, and the window to punish his B2 for most characters has just been tripled, so he's a shitload more unsafe as well. He just wasn't nerfed as heavily as the other characters. Point was however, these are WERE nerfed and DVorah was buffed

Status
Not open for further replies.