What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just done another match where the camera is now floating up and down even when characters are not moving in a virticle motion

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
This evening I'm experiencing very heavy spikes of lag (400+ms) during games that would be fine otherwise, with around 130 ms.
Anyone having the same problem?

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I have played loads of matches against US players and it feels really smooth all the way from Finland, it's still like playing offline. Hopefully we get new characters this week!

And hey, if anyone has a PS4 beta code to spare, I'd be happy to have one for a friend. Thanks.
From fin too. Add me. Same tag as here.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Is something in the air today? I get matched with good players in the beta only to lose, I get a fatal done to me and they go to next opponent immediately lol.

One Sonya player literally waited for me to do something then went all crazy and won. She low profiled any attack. Never seen such a thing.

It's getting harder to win. Sucks lol

GQJ

Noob
Well his ninjutsu B2 is basically a 'punish me' move, his f2 is ok, but he automatically gives up his turn, people comment on its ability to armour break etc, but Scorp isn't hard to block, so you don't need to armour him, just block his shit and let him give up his turn.

So let's say he's got you blocking because you wanna punish his b2 or get your turn back by blocking f2, what's his other options to worry about? That's where I'm coming from. He's not a character you have to overly respect in so many situations, and if you do, no biggie.

At least hell fire has the chance of randomly anti airing and the hellfire move to force people to do something.

His non ninjutsu f2 is probably better too, I get the feeling that move hits a lot more than his ninjutsu f2.
But the pushback is pretty far. So what can the opponent do if they have their turn after a f2?

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
so frustrating when i keep bumping into clan members who are just looking to play each other on the beta, spend so much time just bouncing between members of c88/dsv/kinetic who are just looking to match eachother. such a waste of time

so frustrating when i keep bumping into clan members who are just looking to play each other on the beta, spend so much time just bouncing between members of c88/dsv/kinetic who are just looking to match eachother. such a waste of time
Nah fam my gamer tag is DsV ARThe8th and every time I run into you, your ping is over 9000 so I'm obliged to decline.. Try adjusting your network settings to fix that and you won't get declined half as much

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Nah fam my gamer tag is DsV ARThe8th and every time I run into you, your ping is over 9000 so I'm obliged to decline.. Try adjusting your network settings to fix that and you won't get declined half as much
His ping was barely above 100 when I played him. Does that mean YOU have potato connection? :DOGE
In all seriousness, it's all about loacation. You're probably in San Diego or somewhere else near the Pacific coast.

Nope my ping is typically
His ping was barely above 100 when I played him. Does that mean YOU have potato connection? :DOGE
In all seriousness, it's all about loacation. You're probably in San Diego or somewhere else near the Pacific coast.
i was unaware that my ping could effect someone else's that I'm not in a game with.. By the way I'm in Florida and I'll bet the house that he uses wireless lol

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Is there a beta bug that makes you repeatedly switch stances or is my controller breaking? lololol I'm serious
lol you know you're t-baggin. Also - we got matched a while back in beta. Your shotgun is nasty. It made my heart hurt lol. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

E

Eldriken

That's just his ping with you. It's not representative of his connection as a whole.

It doesn't mean he's on wireless, has a shitty connection, etc. It just means your connections don't like each other.

People need to stop thinking it's ALWAYS someone's connection being crappy.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Well his ninjutsu B2 is basically a 'punish me' move, his f2 is ok, but he automatically gives up his turn, people comment on its ability to armour break etc, but Scorp isn't hard to block, so you don't need to armour him, just block his shit and let him give up his turn.

So let's say he's got you blocking because you wanna punish his b2 or get your turn back by blocking f2, what's his other options to worry about? That's where I'm coming from. He's not a character you have to overly respect in so many situations, and if you do, no biggie.

At least hell fire has the chance of randomly anti airing and the hellfire move to force people to do something.

His non ninjutsu f2 is probably better too, I get the feeling that move hits a lot more than his ninjutsu f2.
This is why I and other players (at least I think) think it would have been better to make his f2 safe as opposed to an overhead. Not only would it give him more time to move after f2 is blocked but it could be done up close as a mixup with throw without the risk of it being punished on block. I don't think that overhead is going to be hitting too many people.

Also yes, his neutral game has always been pretty bad, I remember thinking it wasn't as bad as you and others have said. Compared to what other characters have, Scorpions neutral game is pretty bad.

That's just his ping with you. It's not representative of his connection as a whole.

It doesn't mean he's on wireless, has a shitty connection, etc. It just means your connections don't like each other.

People need to stop thinking it's ALWAYS someone's connection being crappy.
It's not just with me tho.. Me and my part typically come across the same players and it's the same case.. From there I can only assume he has a bad connection or is far away from us.. Being as though we've had good connections with others in the UK I thought it was the latter.. And if you're asking me to stop making logical assumptions then lol nah

E

Eldriken

It's not just with me tho.. Me and my part typically come across the same players and it's the same case.. From there I can only assume he has a bad connection or is far away from us.. Being as though we've had good connections with others in the UK I thought it was the latter.. And if you're asking me to stop making logical assumptions then lol nah
Just means they have a bad connection with you. If other people have a fine connection with them, it's just his connection with you (and whomever you know) that don't like one another.

I'm also not telling you to stop making logical assumptions at all. But people ALWAYS jump straight to "IT'S HIS/HER CONNECTION. NOT MINE. HIS/HERS. IT'S NOT OUR CONNECTIONS DISLIKING ONE ANOTHER, WHICH IS COMPLETELY POSSIBLE! IT'S HIS/HER WAL-MART CONNECTION."

While the above isn't verbatim or anything, it's the gist of the whole matter.

I've had the beta for awhile now, I got up super early this morning, just couldn't sleep. Anyway I couldn't find a match so I played the old beta for the first time since I've had the new beta. Good lord, I forgot how bad it really is. Those input delays...

Status
Not open for further replies.