What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matix218

Get over here!
Adding practice in the beta would be a GODSEND.

Please NRS, if you're reading this, make it happen!
I doubt that we will see that. Even if the beta keeps going through the end of March I doubt they will add any other gameplay modes (other than completing the roster by adding in the dlc characters up through KP1) because this is a FREE beta. You could hypothetically have just lied when you applied for a beta code (they asked it be for people who played at least a certain number of online hours) and you may have never even bought MKX which means if they start adding new modes to the beta you got a free copy of MKX to play for a few months with a superior online.

While I agree that would be great to have practice mode in the beta, I just don't see it happening because it would cost NRS more money to implement that into the beta and the whole point of the beta is just to test and get feedback on the functionality of the new online/netcode system.

I wonder if they are going to add KoTH to the beta at some point.
That seems like a thing they would want to test out.
I agree, I'm hoping this will be an option at some point before XL. Definetly there has been better competition. I'd like to see how my Fisticuffs would hold up in some KOTH

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Beta report from match's today- me and a clan member had a godlike connection for 50 match's in training room switched to outworld market and it got super bad every match. I was Mileena he was kano.

Also played my friend from Canada Dilly Mac in training room got desync once, then every match we played never said finish him at the end. Even tho we tested and could still fatal, this happened every match know finish him anything. I was Mileena he was Cassie cage.

Last, this maybe a personal issue on my part some how, but I'm wired with 90 down / 12 upload and 27 ping on average. Every beta match I have played ms is always pretty static, moves up and down 10ms or so with clan members. I always ask hey whats my ping bro, they reply 270 ms I'm like wtf then we go into a huge set where its 54ms and never gos above 70 after 20 match's.

Last edited:

Redux

Ex Phase
^
Do throws really leave both players at neutral? Aren't some throws +/-?

Anyone else still trying to break the habit of rushing in immediately when your opponent breakers? Costs me the round sometimes lol.

In the corner with Erron, when my opponent breaks, I still have the habit of rushing in with my trusty 21122 but now Erron just dashes, stops, 2 comes out and im like oh shit forgot about the new breaker change GG whiff punish coming in :DOGE
after a few games with outlaw I realized gunslinger is a lot better than outlaw for me with the new breaker system. at least you can trade a bit with projectiles against some characters for a bit before the stamina comes back.

Hmm, I'm not too fond of the new breaker taking both players' stamina as it kills momentum a lot and I think the breaker itself already kills enough momentum as is (I'm not a fan of combobreakers/bursts in general). I would've preferred maybe a less expensive block-breaker with some cool-down on the defender's stamina bar regeneration rate, but with the nerfs seemingly geared towards much less tight block pressure, I think the stamina bar loss for opening someone up is a bit much.
So making your opponent use two bars isnt much of a victory?

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
after a few games with outlaw I realized gunslinger is a lot better than outlaw for me with the new breaker system. at least you can trade a bit with projectiles against some characters for a bit before the stamina comes back.
My thoughts are the same after starting to play with Gunslinger. He doesn't struggle in the neutral, which is a very good thing for Erron, since he's always playing the neutral.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Is it me, or after knocking the opponent down is now possible to run over him to change sides? I don't think this was possible before

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
I'm starting to wonder if they'll actually put the DLC characters in the Beta at all since they're still technically intended to be pay-to-use.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I'm starting to wonder if they'll actually put the DLC characters in the Beta at all since they're still technically intended to be pay-to-use.
I mean, they let people play DLC characters through their respective towers before you purchase them. So they may release them in the beta, although I doubt it.

Skedar70

Noob
Beta report from match's today- me and a clan member had a godlike connection for 50 match's in training room switched to outworld market and it got super bad every match. I was Mileena he was kano.

Also played my friend from Canada Dilly Mac in training room got desync once, then every match we played never said finish him at the end. Even tho we tested and could still fatal, this happened every match know finish him anything. I was Mileena he was Cassie cage.

Last, this maybe a personal issue on my part some how, but I'm wired with 90 down / 12 upload and 27 ping on average. Every beta match I have played ms is always pretty static, moves up and down 10ms or so with clan members. I always ask hey whats my ping bro, they reply 270 ms I'm like wtf then we go into a huge set where its 54ms and never gos above 70 after 20 match's.
I usually play with pings that are from 160 to 180 and It feels smooth. Above 200 is where it gets unplayable. My connection is only 3 mb down 1 up. I'm also playing wireless because I don't have access to wired in the place where I rent. On my actual house I get 5mb down and wired, the pings go down to 120 to 140 and its almost flawless fights. I get occasional ping spikes and notices lag, but for the most part if the ping remains below 180 the match feels like offline.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Looks like people might not know, but the beta will not get any more updates.
They continue to make change to it, but they will not be added to the beta.
this is from the last kombat cast.

anyome else feel like the connection seems worse today on the beta? Also I had a match where the camera view stayed zoomed all
The way out for the duration of the match too which I hadn't come across before

Status
Not open for further replies.