What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D'Vorah hasn't changed though. Swarm Queen is still the same, you can NJ or crossup her wakeup. Armor can still be baited and punished, you guys are really over estimating the change.
D'vora is insanely good, do you seriusly think you would get a better wake up as well? pfsss... Raiden needs help right now. if they are not going to give him a decent mid I am quitting this game.

Lao and Tanya got nerfed hard, I don't know about Quan since I don't play him. If we're going by letters, i'd imagine that they'll all sit around A+ tier, which is where every character should ideally be, right?

I'm not too sure if any characters stand out as omega S+ now? The D'vorah buff is not that great, people are getting carried away. Sub Zero could get out of hand, I mean, did anyone watch those videos Brady made a couple months ago? He can still do that stuff, lol. Jax is also super beastly, but a fair top tier imo.

Curious about Mileena. Need to play more good ones on the beta.
and.... Raiden is still trash.

They'll probably help. The top tier is being dragged down, some of the super bads are going to be good now. I don't really see this as just a shuffle of the tiers though. The characters that are going to be the best probably won't be the best by an obvious and ridiculous margine like they were before. So, it will probably help the game.

Regarding Mileena, she is definitely better. But she still has some very wonky things that make her less good than the other beneficiaries of the low tier steroids.

The good - her IAS having less recovery is huge. She can now combo a raw IAS as an air to air into a roll for a follow up juggle. Her low sai being more plus is also huge. Her D1 seems to be less broken from point blank range. Buffed D1 and D3 actually give her an option to get out of pressure that doesn't leave her -1435824895178947892345. B12 remains great. Less recovery on sais also means that she can bait out jumps and punish them on reaction with TK, so telekick is no longer totally worthless.

The bad - F3 is still garbage, you can catch people sleeping, but it seems to only actually work once per set if that. Being a low crush isn't that big of a deal. Lack of viability of that overhead makes F4 pretty bad as well, since it doesn't really need to be respected that much. EX TK and regular TK into air sai are still super inconsistent. EX TK can still wiff on hit sometimes. Roll and EX roll leave you at weird and inconsistent distances from your opponent on hit. Sometimes you're close enough to follow up with B34, sometimes you are too far and need to NJP, sometimes you're too far to connect with either and you can't follow up with anything. In the last situation, you just used a -54821390402184943 roll as a very high risk vs reward move, and didn't get the reward you should have. Her BnBs depend on how far the game decides it puts you after you've connected a roll. Sometimes you can't even use them.

Scorpion - The F2 change is not going to make his S tier. The 2nd hit of F2 and the 1st hit being cancelled into a low can be fuzzied. Always.

The only things I'm not too sure on are the Scorpion buffs. But the new netcode should severely hamper online Scorpions anyways so I think it'll be fine.

I like that they're improving characters without really changing them too drastically. They seem to have learned their lesson from when Kitana went from C tier to S tier overnight.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
my opinion is that March 1st when the DLC drops a new Patch will come along with them and the current BETA will be different... So lets wait.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
They'll probably help. The top tier is being dragged down, some of the super bads are going to be good now. I don't really see this as just a shuffle of the tiers though. The characters that are going to be the best probably won't be the best by an obvious and ridiculous margine like they were before. So, it will probably help the game.
This was the thing I was scared of. There's no point nerfing the top tiers if you're just gonna steroid buff other characters to replace them. Maybe the gap between tiers won't be as large, and I really hope it isn't, I just don't feel like learning how to play against (and play:DOGE) a brand new, overly buffed top tier 9 or so months into the games life.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Yea. I got rid of my cable connection because i wasn't using it. MKX necode was trash and TTT2 was done once FR got T7 so i axed it. Guess its time to reup.

Wigy

There it is...
Was the new breaker system and d4 hitbox and frame data nerf not enough for jc? What else do you guys want?

Not a big fan of CGs landing on hit seems like a lazy buff for grapplers which is just pretty braindead and annoying

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Yeah but much needs to be fleshed out. Sonya's 6 nades combos took some serious lobbing. New tech, bnbs etc will take a while
Ofc it will take time,like I said it not the same thing but it gives u option. I understand that finding some dirty tech takes time and effort that can't be done currently on beta because the lack of lab. Although I don't think all changes in beta will stay in the next patch.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
so can someone explain why a bunch of players are saying F/T is top tier now???
Because they saw wonder chef do a big combo out of context and they never learned the match up before and are dreading having to learn it now after the buffs. Ruthless IS top tier though right now I just find it funny they still dont know a single detail about the character but talk about them like they do when theyve never taken them to the lab once and probably never played a real FT player before either

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
How? Her bug swarm is great after a breaker. She has great reach moves mids and staggers which is good when you dont have stamina.

With her new armour, what is she lacking.
DVorah community can see every other top tier character in the game nerfed, while they get a massive buff to the undisputably biggest hole in the game

And then they still make posts like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.