What's new

MKX Comic Plot Discussion & Speculation Thread

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Nah it was confirmed by Shawn Kittelsen that
Cyrax is also dead, or whatever this ambiguousness means https://twitter.com/kittelsen/status/590195955284123650

Also I'm going to update the OP right goddamn now because I'm an idiot who can't do what he's supposed to straight away.

ETA: Hopefully less than an hour, can't remember how many I've got to update.
That doesn't really mean much. I mean, Cyrax could be dead, at the end of MKX's story mode, but in the comic, if Sektor is in the Lin Kuei, then that could mean that Cyrax is still in the Lin Kuei. Kind of a vague tweet.

Reactions: GAV

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Just... can you imagine? Kotal, Mileena, Goro, and Reiko vying for the Kahnum and then Skarlet, a candidate just as legitimate as the other four, swoops in?
If Kitana was revived from Quan Chi's service, she could also make her claim as well.

Do you see the potential in these wasted ideas?

Onilordasmodeus

Just... can you imagine? Kotal, Mileena, Goro, and Reiko vying for the Kahnum and then Skarlet, a candidate just as legitimate as the other four, swoops in?
If Kitana was revived from Quan Chi's service, she could also make her claim as well.

That's pretty much what we had though...

Goro was said to be going on his own journey to recapture his throne, and he is only allied with his Shokan and his is totally against Kotal. The only one not vying for the Kahnum is Skarlet, but she's always been a tool. Being upset that Skarlet isn't staking a claim to Outworld is like being upset that Baraka, or Reptile isn't. At the end of the day though, right now isn't the time, but it could be at some point in the future. This is only a flash point in the "game of thrones" of Outworld.

trufenix

bye felicia

How is that not the exact same plot we just watched unfold?

ErMac333

Noob
I couldn't be very sensitive about the inking, but the colors on this latest issue was really bad. The swatch is overall more saturated and with fewer hard shadows, makes it look a little unprofessional to be honest when compared to Gandini.
Also, Kintaro's death was pretty out of nowhere really, but can't say Havik's was any bigger of an event either way so... lol

Wasn't aware on Cyrax status, interesting, sad too, I was kind of expecting one of them to return in MKXI, but there's always room for new cyborgs and the fact both are gone (or not) might even open some possibilities on a mixed design as many have already suggested around here!

Here's hoping for the next 3 issues, and hoping for a possible second chance on one of our Oni, since the other one is long known as doomed.

LeoMK29

Noob
Ok. So according to Shawn this is after the throw-down b/w Mileena and Kotal. But the timeline still doesn't make sense. Cassie and Jaqui aren't even in the SF yet. I think I may be thinking about this too hard :confused:

ErMac333

Noob
Ok. So according to Shawn this is after the throw-down b/w Mileena and Kotal. But the timeline still doesn't make sense. Cassie and Jaqui aren't even in the SF yet. I think I may be thinking about this too hard :confused:
Actually the timeline adds perfectly... It would be helpful to have a good timeline graphic though, it can get quite messy. I'll work on that as a fan thing one of these days and post here! :D

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...

But didn't that strangerbitch Skarlet only want to be the Queen (aka Reiko's royal fuckhole considering how he treated everyone) anyways.

Onilordasmodeus

Wow! Mind blown. The most recent chapter shows the basic establishment of the "Reiko Accord" talked about in the MKX story. I really need to rewatch the MKX story mode. It seems the comic and the story do have a lot more to do with each other that I previously thought.

Onilordasmodeus

Alright, has anyone gone back and re-read the comic in it's entirety? I'm in the process right now and I'm seeing / putting together a TON of info that I either forgot, or just didn't realize was important at the time.

Case in point, the whole blood magik thing, the ritual at the end, and how Shinnok was involved. Anybody got time to go through all this?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well I guess Havik, Sektor's chances are pretty much near to impossible(unless they get resurrected)

Cyrax I read rumors he's dead but if you guys read this weeks book....apparently
gets captured or seems to allow himself to be taken to Sektor and Cyrax, Sub-Zero manages to bring Cyrax's humanity back and they both fight Sektor, ends with Sektor burning both Sub and Cyrax in mid battle and I must say Sub kicked the shit out of ton of Lin Kuei clone cyborgs lol he killed a lot lol. Good feats for him this issue.

Either way next week we will indeed find out if Cyrax
lives or dies, some ally is supposed to help Sub-Zero, not sure it's going to be Cyrax it could be but Bo Rai Cho is already helping him, who would show up? Scorpion maybe? Raiden?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Sorry guys, I've been trying to get it updated but my laptop's been updating and it lost the current draft. I was on issue 30 :( I'll try and get it back asap.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Ew.
Frost. Fuck that idiot character I swear this makes it seem like she'll be in KP2. Definitely not buying that shit.

And Cyrax.
Fucking REALLY!? That's rich, he gained humanity quick and was just as quick to commit suicide. I am not a fan of the Cyborgs but they are iconic and how the FUCK are they just going to annihilate them all in one issue? Whose call was this? If it's NRS they better fucking be careful. Killing Off iconic characters is NOT what they should be doing at all and it is exactly how you kill a franchise! This is a video game, not a film series. The majority stick around and want to play their faves.

So far, with the game and the comics, they've killed everyone but the heroes who SHOULD be dead (Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi and Jax) due to their spawn being featured. I am perched for MKXI. They better rectify all of this.

Livid.

mattteo

Noob
Ew.
Frost. Fuck that idiot character I swear this makes it seem like she'll be in KP2. Definitely not buying that shit.

And Cyrax.
Fucking REALLY!? That's rich, he gained humanity quick and was just as quick to commit suicide. I am not a fan of the Cyborgs but they are iconic and how the FUCK are they just going to annihilate them all in one issue? Whose call was this? If it's NRS they better fucking be careful. Killing Off iconic characters is NOT what they should be doing at all and it is exactly how you kill a franchise! This is a video game, not a film series. The majority stick around and want to play their faves.

So far, with the game and the comics, they've killed everyone but the heroes who SHOULD be dead (Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi and Jax) due to their spawn being featured. I am perched for MKXI. They better rectify all of this.

Livid.
I disagree. I think they are doing an excellent job keeping the suspense. There should be no difference between original trilogy characters and newer 3d characters.
I personally am more fond of the 3d characters from MK DA, MKD and Armageddon than I am of Jax, Sonya or Nightwolf. I'm sure many share my opinion.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I completely disagree. There's no suspense in the story at all. Just because they've killed off characters people wouldn't expect, it doesn't make it suspenseful.