What's new

MKX Boss (Who do you think it will be?)

Who do you think is this "surprise return" character that will be the MKX boss?

• Liu Kang

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Shinnok

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Shao Kahn

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Shang Tsung

• Onaga

• Daegon

• Blaze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

Andromeda

I am Bard
Boon stated that we are to get a "fun" and "surprising" returning character for this... And I highly doubt anyone knows his definition of those words I quoted.

I don't see it being Liu Kang, not because it's predictable, but I just don't see it at all. He's literally a character I do not see at all being a threat to take out, even if his arcade ending is to become true and he is this fire god many want to see him return as. In my opinion, I think that's a dumb route to take. I don't want him being this character that has to go through everything. A human, a zombie, undead, and now a god? Come on.

Honestly, I see it being Shang Tsung. He's not technically dead, as stated in a Tweet and such, only his "powers" were transferred to Sindel. So that basically means he's still out there, either living, or he's in someone's possession. And I really don't think Quan Chi is in possession of him at all.

I don't usually theorize as much as a lot of fans do, but I'll throw out this. I see Shinnok sitting in the Netherrealm ordering those slaves around while Quan Chi is roaming around the realms doing their plan and such. Shang Tsung is among the slaves that Shinnok has. if there's a Netherealm War and such, I can see him somehow coming back to life by fighting against the Netherrealm. *Insert mysterious way he gets his powers back* He leaves the Netherealm and is out looking for Quan Chi *Insert random death of Quan Chi killed by whoever* and then it's Shang Tsung who rises from above. Because I hardly doubt Kotal Kahn is going to be that much of a threat, hell, maybe he and Shang Tsung cross paths and Shang gets him.

Blah, really, I see Shang Tsung being the end boss out of all the characters many think will be. I really, really don't see it being Liu Kang. I think, really, if he does, that will be the only thing I'll ever be disappointed about X. I look forward to the final battle/end bosses, and some games I've been really disappointed with the end bosses being lame and not that fun to fight against. I'm hoping that they think twice about it being Liu Kang.

At first I wanted Shinnok to be the Big Bad seeing as how it would have worked the best. But with the comic recently mentioning the "Netherealm wars", Shinnok may just be another key player in the story. Unless Shinnok comes back with a vengeance after seemingly losing this war, I can only see Liu Kang being the Big Bad at the end of it all.

I mean, if anyone has the right to have something against Earthrealm, it's heroes and (especially) it's "protector", Raiden, it's Liu. He put his life on the line numerous times and fought selflessly to protect it all, and for what? Just to have Raiden fuck everything up and get fried to a crisp by him.

Liu Kang coming back as the bitter, resentful and hate fueled Big Bad makes too much sense to not happen for me.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Well in the Quan Chi trailer, they say he plays a key part in the story. This may mean a Shinnok return or Quan Chi being the main boss. Additionally, they mentioned Quan Chi has the Earthrealm fighters revived as his slaves. So we may actually see a Shao Khan final boss controlled by Quan Chi since Shao Khan is killed in Earthrealm.

FinalBoss_FGC

And character ladder endings are non-canon. The story mode will obviously feed off the ending of MK9 story. He said it was 25 years in the future, also. Just throwing that out there

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
It won't be Shinnok, because after the appearance in MK9, I don't think anyone would consider that a surprise.

This is not to say I think Shinnok won't be in the game, just not that "surprise character".

Also, I voted Daegon because lol.

FinalBoss_FGC

It won't be Shinnok, because after the appearance in MK9, I don't think anyone would consider that a surprise.

This is not to say I think Shinnok won't be in the game, just not that "surprise character".

Also, I voted Daegon because lol.
Maybe the surprise is that it's not really a surprise? #BoonLogic

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Liu Kang and Shinnok are frontrunners for good reason and TBH I wouldn't be disappointed with either. I personally think the MKX boss has been made with the new generation of players in mind. Who will appeal more to younger guys ? I think this is where Shinnok falls off a bit. He probably appeals to the hardcores only. Liu Kang could do the job depending on how he looks and plays. Shang Tsung could do it, and so could Noob and Ermac. I'm hoping Motaro shows up, if not as the main boss then at least as the penultimate boss. But I don't like his chances for either.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Perhaps it is Liu Kang. I say this purely because I see no reason (currently) for Kung Lao to be alive in this game, other than to be a part of some new beef. Friends becoming enemies and all that.

Lao has a history of stepping up when the main protagonist dies, so maybe he's doin it again.