What's new

MKX Arcade Machine Project

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Except for the marquee (my print shop is still working on it), the cabinet prep/artwork application is all done! Every time I do one of these custom cabs, it's like I have amnesia because I always forget how much effort is involved with them. Let's just say, I'm pretty sore. Stay tuned for the wiring and control panel build on the next phase. I'm not sure when that will be exactly, but it should be in the next couple weeks. I still need to work out how I'm going to do the control layout and interface everything. Anyway, here are pics!...

YourMKArcadeSource

Great cabinet! but yeah I would do the Scorpion render for the control panel, the one where he faces you.
Thanks. Yeah, I thought about that but I wanted to wait until closer to the game's release to see if there was any other artwork/renders that would come out and there's not a lot to choose from right now...nothing that caught my eye at least.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Except for the marquee (my print shop is still working on it), the cabinet prep/artwork application is all done! Every time I do one of these custom cabs, it's like I have amnesia because I always forget how much effort is involved with them. Let's just say, I'm pretty sore. Stay tuned for the wiring and control panel build on the next phase. I'm not sure when that will be exactly, but it should be in the next couple weeks. I still need to work out how I'm going to do the control layout and interface everything. Anyway, here are pics!...

As I start the project of cleaning my unfinished basement that my family has used for 20+ yrs a storage room smfh I am thinking of making a man cave and if I get the money buying a few old school arcade cabinets or just making a mame cabinet. This mkx cabinet makes me want it now heh. I doubt I would be able to do it but should I do it. Do u have the link to the exact images and size you used for this cabinet? If so I think a post on tym with the images for cabinet guys would be greatly appreciated. I

Also again I think it's great :)

Also I would add a pic of Khrome as he should be in mkx .

nwo

Noob
If you put that thing at a pizza place or movie theater it might make some money, but these kids are so obsessed with their smart phones now a days who knows anymore.

If you put that thing at a pizza place or movie theater it might make some money, but these kids are so obsessed with their smart phones now a days who knows anymore.
yeah who needs an mkx arcade when you can play the mobile Version :D?

YourMKArcadeSource

great stuff but why a 4:3 monitor? does mkx even Support that Format?
Thanks. I'll be using an HDMI to VGA converter to convert the PS4's HDMI to 4:3 800x600 VGA (the highest res the monitor will support in VGA mode) so that won't be an issue. I am doing so instead of using an LCD for two main reasons. 1) 24" LCDs are too small and 26" LCDs are too wide. The cabinet is only 25" wide. The only way to fit a 26" LCD is to de-case it and hammer the machine sides apart (outward a bit) to get the monitor to fit and I don't want to do that. 2) I want to use an actual arcade monitor since this is an arcade machine. My MK9 and Injustice machines have the same 24.8" arcade monitor running 800x600 4:3 and they look great!