What's new

MKT on Wii Virtual Console

Derek

Noob
Compared to how many 100,000's that play UMK3 on XBL and Kiallera? All this thinking must be hurting your brain. You might want to go to sleep.

ÐarkMoon said:
I don't remember comparing MKT's popularity to UMK3.
You listed 2 people. He's saying that no one plays MKT competitvely, only for fun. Thus stating that 100,000 peeps compared to the 2 you named.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Everyone wants a new MKT of the 2D MKs, arcade quality, all the characters from all the games, updated moves, balanced, etc. Why they won't do it? Lazy.

Derek

Noob
ÐarkMoon said:
You totally just missed the point. I'm getting really sick of having to explain simple things to you. A handful of people play MKT competitively and then there are 100,000's of people who play UMK3 because it's nowhere near as broken. Sure, who wouldn't enjoy a few more characters in UMK3? But if it substitutes game play why bother? You just don't seem to understand, that you are wrong. I understand that no one wants to admit that they're wrong and it's not easy, but every single thing you've said I've squashed.

l SuGaR l said:
ÐarkMoon said:
You totally just missed the point. I'm getting really sick of having to explain simple things to you. A handful of people play MKT competitively and then there are 100,000's of people who play UMK3 because it's nowhere near as broken. Sure, who wouldn't enjoy a few more characters in UMK3? But if it substitutes game play why bother? You just don't seem to understand, that you are wrong. I understand that no one wants to admit that they're wrong and it's not easy, but every single thing you've said I've squashed.
You are getting sick of having to explain simple things? Who asked you to? Again, I never once said that MKT was not anymore broken then UMK3 lol. That is you just adding on to the conversation making it seem like you have more knowledge to talk about then you do.

Derek

Noob
ÐarkMoon said:
You are getting sick of having to explain simple things? Who asked you to? Again, I never once said that MKT was not anymore broken then UMK3 lol. That is you just adding on to the conversation making it seem like you have more knowledge to talk about then you do.
What? I know what I'm talking about, so I'll post as I see fit.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK I read through some posts, the bottom line with PSX MKT is, it plays just like UMK3, only faster. If you use an emulator, you can modify the frame rate to 53 FPS and it will play 100% identical to UMK3 in terms of speed. MKT added some broken characters, which in turn can compete with the top tier of UMK3 and then some. This doesn't break the game, it is some broken character additions. The thing with N64 is, they changed a lot of universal things, like collision, and gravity, screwed up move properties, etc. This makes the game itself broken, not just the added characters.

Also, playable bosses = garbage!

MKK hanzo

Well actually I will be more than happy if they released MKT N4 for Wii with online play (wich I doubt).

A handful of people play MKT competitively and then there are 100,000's of people who play UMK3 because it's nowhere near as broken.
Imo I dont think that all of those 100 K are playing COMPETITIVELY because if that were true this site would have at least 80 K users. I think that number just reflects the user base and should not be taken as the COMPETITIVE base. Sure you can say that you have 99 K competitors but... How much of them are scrubs? how much of them take the game seriously? Sure, there are various players that are just getting into the game, learning, blah blah. But do they COUNT as competitive players?

Im saying this NOT WANTING to disrecpect any umk3 xbla player.

Also, since when is the online match making (any plataform) considered serious or legit? I havent seen any succesfull tourney online to be considered serious.

Again: Im saying this NOT WANTING to disrecpect any umk3 xbla player.

On the MKT topic: i can post a list of the MKT players I know and have played and the ones I know they play but havent played against them:

Played against:

Shadowmaster
Nelson
Alfredito
Nelio
Matute
Dj Vzla
Romell
Leo
Edwin
Reinaldo
Josther
Pimple
Carlos
Link
Edward
Victor
RZP
Alex
Homero
Rhonald
Daniel
Hanzo_Hasashi
Ari
Humberto
Johnny
Henderson
Alexis
Kanfei Cheng
Jormantag
Josue
Raul
Ninja Spektre
Oscar Joe
Rodolfo
Luis Antichrist
Miguel
Hermogenes
Negro Piripicho (Best Tekken player in Vzla!)

Not played yet but I know they play and will play someday:

Evil_Hater
Ray
Jackson
x_ermAc_x
Jackal
Japwithpower
FrozenWorm
Yohander
Revolution

I think that is a decent fanbase and comunity for an old broken game.If I forgot someone you guys for Vzla please point me out!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Shock said:
Everyone wants a new MKT of the 2D MKs, arcade quality, all the characters from all the games, updated moves, balanced, etc. Why they won't do it? Lazy.

Personally, I don't believe they're lazy I just think Midway would rather concentrate on more important games coming out like MK8 with the Unreal Engine, UMK3 DS and such to be dead honest rather then worry about an old game that's really not that necessary to make at this point in time with UMK3 making an killer comeback now days.

You never know though man, I wouldn't count this idea out. Everyone was shocked as hell with UMK3 coming for the DS arcade port.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Take the UMK3 engine, add characters from DA & Deception, maybe a couple new ones, remove Animalities. Anyway, it would be cheaper than those newer 3d games. Hell start where the coin-op ended and call it Mortal Kombat IV (or MK5). Whatever. As good as the newer MK's are, they simply lost that gameplay that only the 2d's can give us. Eventually Ed & company have to go back to their "Roots, Bloody Roots". lol

Edit by Shock:

Tim just click Submit once, the site is slow right now but it'll still show up, been deleting several double posts.

EDIT: oops, sorry :oops:

MKF30

That's an interesting idea with adding some MKD/MKA characters.

I'd LOVE to play as Fujin in UMK3, I'm killer with him in the 3d ones and love him and his moves.

Wind moves=own :p

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
Uh, minus the bosses. That was uncalled for in MKT.

MKF30

Tim Static said:
Shock said:
Uh, minus the bosses. That was uncalled for in MKT.
Yeah, they did the same thing with MKA aka MK7...it's for the fans that's why, games like MKT and MKA have a lot of characters or all up to that date of the game I should say therefore the bosses were put in for kicks more then anything else.

In both MKT and MKA, nobody picks the bosses for serious play.

not good players, but sometimes i give my N64 to my brother and he like to use motaro in wasteland (i teach him) and want to buy the psx version just because there are all bosses xD