What's new

MKAK online cheating? awesome..

The streak leaderboard is pretty lame, it encourages boosting. The fact that your points don't go down if you quit, encourages quitting. There's no Win/Loss records, which encourages cheating.

Also there's a glitch I found that no one has mentioned. I was playing a match in UMK3 ranked, and I lagged out. I signed back in, and went to play MK1. I played one ranked match of MK1, then went back to UMK3. After winning about 20 matches in UMK3 ranked, I checked the leaderboards. My MK1 ranking had gone way up and I was in the top 6 for it, and I only had played one ranked match of MK1. My Kombat rating was high and I had a 20 streak in it. My UMK3 rank, however, didn't change. I wasn't getting any Kombat points and my streak didn't change.

So, you can basically rank up in any game by playing any other game somehow. I assume if you're playing say MK1, you lag out (disconnect from internet) then sign back in and play say MK2, it will count as playing MK1? I'm not sure, but something like that happened with me.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
One of things that should happen with this patch is that every single player should have their scores wiped and returned to the base 1200. Once that's done, institute penalties for cheating, dropping, pulling, etc. With the ELO system, the most you can drop is 25 points, so 25 points per infraction. Another thing they should do is include a report button which allows you to report a suspected cheater. This feature is included in most FPS and should definitely be included in any game that has a ranking system. Players who are reported and caught should be banned from online play. That will fix everything in terms of the ethics.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I played MKAK ranked for the first time since it launched last week. First game was against somebody named "yourmom05." He joins, starts, and the game freezes. I reboot the system and find I have lost 25 points. Unbelievable...

NoDoubt

nasty
DCIguy said:
I played MKAK ranked for the first time since it launched last week. First game was against somebody named "yourmom05." He joins, starts, and the game freezes. I reboot the system and find I have lost 25 points. Unbelievable...
Yea something is wrong with the freezing problems during ranked matches. Like Johnny Ermac said, its not necessarily cheating cuz something is obviiously wrong with the networking but by now..im sure many people are aware of this bug and takin advantage of it so its encouraging cheating and enabling it. Alls you gotta do is lose against a supreme player and freeze up the game, reboot and bam. Your opponent has lost shitloads of points lol.

I lost over 100. I was rank 9 and wwent to rank 33, im prob lower now.

NoDoubtArion said:
Yea something is wrong with the freezing problems during ranked matches. Like Johnny Ermac said, its not necessarily cheating cuz something is obviiously wrong with the networking but by now..im sure many people are aware of this bug and takin advantage of it so its encouraging cheating and enabling it. Alls you gotta do is lose against a supreme player and freeze up the game, reboot and bam. Your opponent has lost shitloads of points lol.

I lost over 100. I was rank 9 and wwent to rank 33, im prob lower now.
I found out last night that 3SO has the same problem. If the game crashes in a match or gives you the message "The connection has been lost", you get credited with a disconnect.

Don't you just love being thrown in the same class as the rage quitters? ::)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yes they will. They better release this patch within the next few weeks or else I am seriously considering retirement from MK. I haven't played an MK game since I stopped playing MKAK.

DCIguy said:
Yes they will. They better release this patch within the next few weeks or else I am seriously considering retirement from MK. I haven't played an MK game since I stopped playing MKAK.
I'll 2nd this. I tried playing it again this morning and it was just the most laggy hunk of crap. This was my dream game and it was such a let down and seeing how slow they are to address this issues is just the icing on the cake. MK9 is fun but so many other games just hold my attn more these days.