What's new

MKAK online cheating? awesome..

just played a dude that sat there and let me get a double flawless. at the end of the match the game froze and i was about to reboot my ps3 and the score came up and showed that he had won and got a shit ton of points and i lost like 25.... true story.

NoDoubt

nasty
JUST HAPPENED TO ME.

UMK3 XBOX: I beat this kabal both rounds and right before the screen popped up listing the points I should have gained, the screen froze and I had to reboot my whole console. When I signed back on, I lost over 100 points and my rank went from 10 to 33.

This game is not only buggy as fuck, its encouraging scrubs by the maximum degree. The worst MK players can now have the option of becoming #1 whenever they want.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The only solution is to stay away from online until a patch is released.

AC1984

Kaballin!
#1 at what??? Special Olympics??? "Let's see who is the better masher in this lag fest"

I played some guy who had higher rank than me and right before I be at him he left....I'm not playing this online ever again....

I think it's more of fucked up programming, rather than someone actively cheating.

When I bought it for PS3 on release day I saw that everyone started with 1200 points. I buy this the next day for XBOX360, and before I played a single match on this system I started with over 1300 points. You should also start with 1200 points for all 3 games initially, but my score from UMK3 was the same in MK2 even though I played MK2 only a few times...

It's all fucked up.

Bottom line: GET THIS PATCH OVER HERE ASAP

ZAQ said:
stages.
hiddens.
button config.
backwards rank for winning against low level players.

I think button config and hiddens are a fairly good trade, not that I was looking to trade anything.

The graphics on the UMK3 port are way better too. Play MKAK for a while then turn on the old one, the colors are extremely vibrant in comparison. I noticed a lot more of the graphics in the graveyard in MKAK because they are washed. THERE'S AN ENTIRE MOUNTAIN RANGE BACK THERE!?!?! lol
Right. Poor word choice, I shouldn't have said "every". But as far as actual online properties: 4 player lobbies, win-loss tracker, handing out a loss to quitters. Why couldn't they just keep these things which obviously worked okay? Argh.

I'm a little confused, you see more background detail in the 2011 version or the old one?? I never noticed the mountain range on that stage, haha, I'll have to look out for it next time :p

I browsed through the leaderboards last night. People have 199 win streaks? WOW. Talk about pathetic: playing ranked religiously, non stop, and deliberately and meticulously quitting whenever they lose to maintain that streak. They need to get rid of the streak metric.

btbb99

Noob
JOHNNY ERMAC said:
I browsed through the leaderboards last night. People have 199 win streaks? WOW. Talk about pathetic: playing ranked religiously, non stop, and deliberately and meticulously quitting whenever they lose to maintain that streak. They need to get rid of the streak metric.
the streak aka "dick" measuring contest needs to go is right, nobody cares about that, all the rankings need to show is wins-losses, and when is guy drops he should be penalized 3 times the amount that he would have lost had he just stay the whole match, and when going into a ranked match the system should not let you chose if you want to play the guy that it matched you up with, once the system hooks you up with another player, you either play him or drop and lose 3 times the amount, this will fix all these clowns that quit there way to the top

Tim Static

Adminerator
streaks meant something before netplay and the cheaters ruined it. Thats fine, just another reason why offline play is better, and more legit.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tim Static said:
streaks meant something before netplay and the cheaters ruined it. Thats fine, just another reason why offline play is better, and more legit.
If there were more people in my area that played these games, id play offline exclusively. Sadly we don't all have the luxury of the northeasterners. There's maybe 2 people local to me.

Gematria

Noob
DCIguy said:
If there were more people in my area that played these games, id play offline exclusively. Sadly we don't all have the luxury of the northeasterners. There's maybe 2 people local to me.
Exactly. I like to play often and there's no one that lives near me. Even if there was someone I don't want to play the same person over and over again. Its a shame that the arcade scene is gone...

ZAQ said:
Well the more I think about it, some of this doesn't sound like dropping. When the game/console freezes in ranked it seems like it could be a glitch. That's not to say that people aren't cheating to get it to happen either.

It's happened several times to me in ranked and in friendly's too. It is usually just a black screen (with the border still there sometimes) and sometimes the menu to quit is accessible and sometime everything is locked up. I try to wait it out and see if the connection will drop but sometimes it doesn't happen and you are f'd.

Last night I was playing a friend and we actually desynced during MK2 only there was no indication of it at all other than the black screen after it. We wouldn't have known but we were talking on the mic and we had different characters on our screens after doing random select.

Someone who is bridging probably gives properties of what Arion explained. Try to take note if you see the black screen or not when shit like this happens!
You want to know something interesting I found? In Third Strike Online when I hit the home button, it locks the game up for about 5 seconds. Doing this online causes both players to get the message "Your opponent has left the game". Makes for some interesting conversations afterwards, that's for sure.

Tim Static

Adminerator
DCIguy said:
yea and lies the problem with offline too. I dont even have hardly anyone to play as well.

VA380

Noob
I wouldn't mind if they listed disconnects too, similar to Madden ... let everybody know how many times people r quittin

The competition tonight is terrible, only decent players I played were el matador and gold slumbers, and that dumbass said I was lag switching, fuckin idiot, the game lags itself.

AC1984

Kaballin!
The problem comes from the High Level absence. It is almost the same way with UMK3. If 6-7+ well known killers show up the effect is like domino. Last year, NEC had the biggest UMK3 competition under the same roof. 3-4 players announced that they are coming and 5-6 more immediately followed + the 15 regulars + great turnout for an old classic game.

btbb99

Noob
VA380 said:
I wouldn't mind if they listed disconnects too, similar to Madden ... let everybody know how many times people r quittin

The competition tonight is terrible, only decent players I played were el matador and gold slumbers, and that dumbass said I was lag switching, fuckin idiot, the game lags itself.
gold n slumbers is Foozer1, just figured i let ya know

NoDoubt

nasty
ZAQ said:
stages.
hiddens.
button config.
backwards rank for winning against low level players.

I think button config and hiddens are a fairly good trade, not that I was looking to trade anything.

The graphics on the UMK3 port are way better too. Play MKAK for a while then turn on the old one, the colors are extremely vibrant in comparison. I noticed a lot more of the graphics in the graveyard in MKAK because they are washed. THERE'S AN ENTIRE MOUNTAIN RANGE BACK THERE!?!?! lol

This. I know I keep repeating this but I cant stress that the graphics visually SUCK on this AK. I dont know why it bothers me so much but its the shittiest ever and when me, Juggernaut and w1nter warz played the xbl port 2006 last night, we almost cried (well I did) on how beautiful the graphics look on that version compared to this new one. Such nice contrast and very detailed. I was hoping the actual "arcade port" had an even better look...if possible, but granted I have not been on an actual cab for many years, I forgot how the real port looks. Theres no way the arcade port is washed out and blotchy like this.

But yea...the 2006 port is better in most aspects, especially online features. Only things its missing that kinda sucks is stages, hiddens, and button config. Its also delayed by default...lol, which was built in the engine for online play but people can adjust to that I guess to some degree.

NoDoubt

nasty
You should do a scan of the menus (1v1, 2v2, 8 player kombat) and youll also notice how bad the wash affects the detail. Its like someone went in photoshop and took the "brightness" and raised it up a few notches.

btbb99 said:
the streak aka "dick" measuring contest needs to go is right, nobody cares about that, all the rankings need to show is wins-losses, and when is guy drops he should be penalized 3 times the amount that he would have lost had he just stay the whole match, and when going into a ranked match the system should not let you chose if you want to play the guy that it matched you up with, once the system hooks you up with another player, you either play him or drop and lose 3 times the amount, this will fix all these clowns that quit there way to the top
I agree with this system overall, but sometimes you come across players that you don't connect well with. In the 2006 UMK3 XBL ranked matches I've played plenty of players that I know I have lag with, so sometimes I would leave once I saw that laggy player's name. Since you never know who you'll be matched with, it would be unfortunate to lose matches because you were forced into playing matches you know will be laggy or be penalized for choosing not to play. Penalizing those that avoid competition is ok, but this is different. How would the system tell the difference between the two?