What's new

MKAK: first impressions

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
CrazySlasher27 said:
That makes sense. I played a bit more tonight and the game is way off. How does a product that is this bad get released? Did nobody test it out? I was playing against the CPU and some cross-overs literally went through my opponent. They also left out one move as far as I can tell, Raiden's shock-gab.

1/10.
Good catch. I haven't been able to do it either. Considering that is a major part of my arsenal when I use Raiden, that screws up the game even more for me.

So I was screwing around and mashing buttons on the UMK3 vs. screen in ranked earlier tonight and it actually allowed code inputs from me and the person I was playing. However, as soon as the match started the game got all goofy and froze up. Pretty weird...

Edit: And there was barely any lag - maybe it's a sign of good things to come!

NoDoubt

nasty
iv only experienced "somewhat" smooth online play with players that had very low ping like 19 and below. That was prob only like 2 or 3 lol, but it shows the game cant handle moderate/high ping levels whatsoever. hope this patch comes soon and is effective

ZAQ said:
Sounds like a desync that allowed offline properties like "Hyper Kombat" UMK3 Ladders with the last port.
Yeah, it was really screwed up and it hasn't happened since so I'm sure you're right. Even if the gameplay is awkward and has weird properties I just hope they get the lag fixed so I can actually have some decent matches other than MK1.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
Word of advice guys. If it seems to feel lag free in an online match...it's probably because of a desync. Leave the match. If you play it through and win, it'll hit you with the loss and points deduct.

I had a hell of an MK2 win streak snapped because of this.

#broken

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Kensidj said:
Word of advice guys. If it seems to feel lag free in an online match...it's probably because of a desync. Leave the match. If you play it through and win, it'll hit you with the loss and points deduct.

I had a hell of an MK2 win streak snapped because of this.

#broken
I played a couple games online lag free, but the opponent never moved a muscle. It was indeed because of a desync.

Gematria

Noob
ZAQ said:
I did two Jax babalities today in ranked. Both of them, he put his arms up and nothing....

I always do fatalities at the last second, in the landing frames from a jump if I can but I think these were out of block because it is d,u,d,u,lk.

Anyway, anyone else notice any other fat/friend/baby droppings outside of the ones done from your opponent? Late fatalities just "dont work" instead of just being late? I'm pretty sure I timed them to be late but who knows with the way these games play.
That's really strange and I'd like to see that lol. But yea I did scorpions toasty (mk2) late earlier and I've also done mileenas pit spike/baby a few times now its probably just the brutal lag lagging the input commands :\

ZAQ said:
I did two Jax babalities today in ranked. Both of them, he put his arms up and nothing....

I always do fatalities at the last second, in the landing frames from a jump if I can but I think these were out of block because it is d,u,d,u,lk.

Anyway, anyone else notice any other fat/friend/baby droppings outside of the ones done from your opponent? Late fatalities just "dont work" instead of just being late? I'm pretty sure I timed them to be late but who knows with the way these games play.
I have pulled off a few late fatalities for Kitana.