What's new

MK9 Top 5 Hypest Tournament Matches of All Time

btw reo vs foxy at evo, but I think only kung lao players would enjoy watching that match. pl vs cd jr at colombus and anaheim was great too. imo between colombus - evo 2012 was the greatest time mk9 had.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
btw reo vs foxy at evo, but I think only kung lao players would enjoy watching that match. pl vs cd jr at colombus and anaheim was great too. imo between colombus - evo 2012 was the greatest time mk9 had.
To me it's the entire 2012 year ending with NEC. Especially MLG Dallas, that was basically like another EVO for our community. Pretty much everyone was there.

To me it's the entire 2012 year ending with NEC. Especially MLG Dallas, that was basically like another EVO for our community. Pretty much everyone was there.
that was good, but if you had to tell an outside player the ''story'' of mk9, it would have to start with mlg colombus and carl getting back from his retirement getting bodied, curbo bodying everyone out of nowhere, pl taking revenge at anaheim, at anaheim the westcoast stepped it up and from then on mk9 wasnt an ''eastcoast game'' anymore. Then the final showdown was at evo 2012 where the uk guys also were, the 4 vs 4, who could get top 8 east vs west, could pl repeat his evo win.

if you had to write a book about mk9, this would have to be your story

edit: actually the story would have to start at final round 2012, where 16 bits team took on vsm and lost.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Detroit vs CDjr - Ermac vs jax at mlg arena. The hypest obviously. For a momen I actully though ermac could be good. Turns out both jax and ermac are midtier

Detroit dethroning VSM at NEC - Brought a Shang that New York 'just didn't know'

REO vs Mr. millenna at delve station 2011 - Kabal Nomad dash cancel Evolution. F3 cancels and all that goodness. Was an execution breakthrough that changed the whole game.

Curbolicious vs. PL at MLG Columbus. Was for top 8. Johnny cage literally rose 15 positions on the tier list. Also marked a meta-game changer. People were abusing frame traps, counter poking, and punishing d1s. Different game after this day. Also an unknown curbolicious babied PLs Kabal with Johnny cage and kept the EVO champ from top8

Reo vs. DJT EVO 2013Grandfinals. Say what you will about REOs kabal. It was looking good by the end, however DJT was playing out of unhip world.

Sami

Noob
Nightwolf (I'm sorry I forget who) vs Pig's Mileena I seem to remember having a derpy finish with both players almost on the magic pixel and completely failing to hit each other :D

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Let's start pulling stuff out of the vault:
Clint vs. Showtime at MLG Raliegh
Tom's matches at PowerUp 2012
Chris G vs. Cat at Texas Showdown
Tyrant vs. REO Anaheim

I'm just going to start posting hype matches:

Last edited:
Anyone got Djt vs PL in their first set were denzell bodied him with sub. Pll lowkey overlooking evo 2011 season, mk9 was hype out the gate so happy I was birthed in that era.

coolwhip

Noob
that was good, but if you had to tell an outside player the ''story'' of mk9, it would have to start with mlg colombus and carl getting back from his retirement getting bodied, curbo bodying everyone out of nowhere, pl taking revenge at anaheim, at anaheim the westcoast stepped it up and from then on mk9 wasnt an ''eastcoast game'' anymore. Then the final showdown was at evo 2012 where the uk guys also were, the 4 vs 4, who could get top 8 east vs west, could pl repeat his evo win.

if you had to write a book about mk9, this would have to be your story

edit: actually the story would have to start at final round 2012, where 16 bits team took on vsm and lost.
I wouldn't expect East Coast players to cite the period between Columbus/Evo 2012 as the best, even though, objectively speaking, it most certainly is, at least hype wise. Level wise, the first couple of months of 2013 and EVO 2013 were pretty incredible.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
As a nightwolf main watching cd jr vs big d was proberly the hypest I've ever been watching mk9.oh my god that was insane 'huh,huh,huh,huh,huh' lmao!
Detroit vs cd jr at nec 2011 gets a honourable nod from me aswell.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I wouldn't expect East Coast players to cite the period between Columbus/Evo 2012 as the best, even though, objectively speaking, it most certainly is, at least hype wise. Level wise, the first couple of months of 2013 and EVO 2013 were pretty incredible.
That was the "dark period" for MK9 where the EAST Coast rested on their laurels. After that everyone saw what happened for the next 6 months. Complete Domination. :REO