What's new

Guide MK9 Top 10 of all time

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Fake? LOL.

If your fool Dizzy had won, Summer Season's Beatings would have been on the same terms as MLG and CoCo would have been labeled as "dead".

@FOREVER KING, who cares about these lists? If you know you were a great player, you do not need somebody on TYM telling you so, and I know that you are not a props fisherman.

No, fool. No one at GGA considers Fake Season's Beatings a major. There's a reason Dizzy and Wafflez both say their first major top 8's were later tournaments.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It just sucks because I know I could have done alot better. I didn't break my tournament nerves until like my 9th tournament lol. I guarantee my top 8 placing in every MK9/Injustice major I attend from today onward tho. I guess it doesn't matter for MK9 tho because it's dead. I think if MK9 wasn't dead and all the best players still continued to play it I would still be guaranteed top 8 at every tournament from today onward, which would put me in the top 10 MK9 list of all time
Ok u need to stop this though

King, this is the equivalent of me saying if I didn't choke against arma at Nec I would have won Nec

You just can't say stuff like this

It's like atlanta hawks saying "man once we actually start drafting well and get over our draft day slumps we will actually start mattering and make conference finals@

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Ok u need to stop this though

King, this is the equivalent of me saying if I didn't choke against arma at Nec I would have won Nec

You just can't say stuff like this

It's like atlanta hawks saying "man once we actually start drafting well and get over our draft day slumps we will actually start mattering and make conference finals@
I guess lol. Just being honest :p

ForeverKing

Well you're right you're being truthful how u feel but the past cannot be unchanged because of tourney nerves had or any choking that may have been had

What's done is done
Yeah, I'm just saying every since I got past my tourney nerves I never failed to place top 8, which is true so far. So if we kept having MK9 tournaments (which is doubtful :( it's dying) I would continue to keep making top 8 and eventually my track record would be just as good as any elses. But yeah I agree, it's really debatable for me anywhere in the 10-13 range as of right now

I beat Survivor mode. Hold that.
ROFLMFAO!

As serious as I was in my last post (cause I seriously doubt any of the top 10 would place top 8 at a tournament with an actual LOW TIER CHARACTER...WHEN IT MATTERS), threads like these are stupid.

Wouldn't be as stupid, if you fools started playing MK again and leave shitty Injustice alone. K thx.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Individual placement varies a bit from my personal list, but the players in the top 10 are overall the same.

Ones who could be argued are imo:

King, Curbo, Wound, Wafflez.

Death

Noob
Ever since I broke my tournament nerves, I highly doubt me not placing top 8 at another MK tournament ever again. For example I started playing Injustice competitively after I broke my tournament nerves, and I placed top 8 at every tournament I have been to. That's gonna happen with MK9 too. If I could redo all those MK9 tournaments I would fix my losses for sure

Dude this is crazy talk. I was making top 8 at pretty much every tournament I attended until I moved back to Canada and stopped playing. I could say "what if I stayed in the States and kept competing". Pig is right though. What's done is done. But I do think your resume is good and could be in there.

ForeverKing

Dude this is crazy talk. I was making top 8 at pretty much every tournament I attended until I moved back to Canada and stopped playing. I could say "what if I stayed in the States and kept competing". Pig is right though. What's done is done. But I do think your resume is good and could be in there.
It's not crazy talk. Ever since Evo 2013 I have never not placed top 8 at a tournament. And I honestly don't see myself getting eliminated before top 8 anywhere again. I could see you getting eliminated

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
It's not crazy talk. Ever since Evo 2013 I have never not placed top 8 at a tournament. And I honestly don't see myself getting eliminated before top 8 anywhere again. I could see you getting eliminated
Dude.... MK has been dead since EVO 2K13. Does winning or placing at an event since then really matter? That's like me saying that I will never place outside top 8 at a 20 man tournament lol.

ForeverKing

Dude.... MK has been dead since EVO 2K13. Does winning or placing at an event since then really matter? That's like me saying that I will never place outside top 8 at a 20 man tournament lol.
I'm saying even if MK9 never died and all the best players still played. Like it if was alive as Injustice still.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wow. There are multiple people on that list that had longer streaks of placing top 8 at a major than you have so far and they weren't top 8 forever.

Death

Noob
Mk is dead and I still play the game a ton. Well play at our next majors were at and well see.

Here's my question as a spectator of both forums and the KTP podcasts, why are we allowing REO the benefit of the doubt when it comes to losing to PL at EVO twice? REOs had more than a chance to beat PL on the bigstage and he couldn't deliver...

coolwhip

Noob
Here's my question as a spectator of both forums and the KTP podcasts, why are we allowing REO the benefit of the doubt when it comes to losing to PL at EVO twice? REOs had more than a chance to beat PL on the bigstage and he couldn't deliver...
He beat him at EVO last year.

ForeverKing

Wow. There are multiple people on that list that had longer streaks of placing top 8 at a major than you have so far and they weren't top 8 forever.
Mk is dead and I still play the game a ton. Well play at our next majors were at and well see.
Alright I admit, when I get drunk and get on the forums I talk alot of shit :p but yeah Death we can play for sure, I don't know where or how lol. I don't even play the game at home anymore, I literally only play it at tournaments. Who do you use now Sonya right?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Dudeeeeeee

Using evo2013 as a benchmark is not helping your point when 90% quit caring in match