What's new

Match-up Discussion MK9 Tier List for 'Ease of use' (Noob Characters)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Easy
1. Kung Lao ( be random)
2. Sonya (she has free combo tokens and her down 4 is cheap but can be challenging in terms of execution from time to time)
3. Mileena (down 4 and be random)
---------------------------------------------------------
4. quan chi (rune trap)
5. Cyrax (once you learn his bnbs you get away with MURDER)
6. kitana (f21, cutter, chuck fans)
7. Johnny Cage (pressure like a madman, f3 to death but requires footsies)
8. Liu Kang (super braindead footsies and simplistic in general, but requires fundamentals)
9. Reptile (reptile is stupid, maybe he should be
10. noob saibot (no execution required, simplistic and kind of challenging to deal with)

Bottom (harder chars, somewhat in order)
Shang tsung (challenging zoning, but down 3 and pressure are easy)
Kabal (Top 2 hardest execution)
Kano (not all that hard in execution, but you need to be sound to win with)
Sektor (requires solid fundamentals)
Raiden (too truly play properly requires excellent fundamentals reactions and patience)
Sindel (challenging execution, requires good fundamentals and zoning)
Jade (challenging execution, limited but variety of tools to implement)
stryker (easy execution, but so bad you have to outsmart opponent significantly, i love whomping incompetent cyrax players with this character and BARAKA)
Skarlet (tough execution, but actually somewhat braindead in terms of safe armor and redonkulous pressure, but not as simple as kabal because her footsies are challenging)

Skarlet is way harder to use than kabal or shang, can't FIGHT well without meter, higher dependant of knockdown game, and you need to know how to use her tools properly, basic concept doesn't work with skarlet, requires strong fundamentals, fast reactions and a six sense to detect danger and make godlike reads, what is braindead about skarlet is not her armor, its her low daggers that will cause meaty effect in every single knockdown without even timing it, basically she can disable all wakeups in the game, the challenge is to be able to do stuff before that happens, if you can't set stuffs up your oki vortex game may never arise.

Aside from all that her execution timings are incredibly strict in contrast with any character in the game, if you're not on point with anything you better stay away from competition because there is definitely no middle ground with her, if dont have perfect execution you're not playing high level skarlet and you will lose the important macthes at high level, nothing is trully mash-able of spammable, even her armor can be baited

Skarlet is way harder to use than kabal or shang, can't FIGHT well without meter, higher dependant of knockdown game, and you need to know how to use her tools properly, basic concept doesn't work with skarlet, requires strong fundamentals, fast reactions and a six sense to detect danger and make godlike reads, what is braindead about skarlet is not her armor, its her low daggers that will cause meaty effect in every single knockdown without even timing it, basically she can disable all wakeups in the game, the challenge is to be able to do stuff before that happens, if you can't set stuffs up your oki vortex game may never arise.

Aside from all that her execution timings are incredibly strict in contrast with any character in the game, if you're not on point with anything you better stay away from competition because there is definitely no middle ground with her, if dont have perfect execution you're not playing high level skarlet and you will lose the important macthes at high level, nothing is trully mash-able of spammable, even her armor can be baited

harder chars are on bottom

I sense a Cage-main Kenshi-bias here

XD
Haha yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Kenshi. I think everyone agrees that while Kenshi might be easy to pick up, it's not an instant win against good players. Every "easy" character isn't an instant win at a high level.

Jephtile

Noob
Here's my 2 cents:
1) Cyrax - just get a random net and do 50%+, no reset
2) Raiden - never fought a good one in tournament, but online he seems to have magical properties with that tele and 334 nonsense
3) (tie) Kenshi and Reptile - bf2, repeat
5) Cage - because @crosstalk makes it look so easy ;)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
ease of use top 5:
Nightwolf

hard to use:
Smoke
I like your list but can you explain to me why you have Nightwolf so high for ease of use to a non-nightwolf player? Also my jaw just hit my keyboard when I saw that Smoke was so low on the list, could you justify that one for me? On my list Smoke is like 2nd easiest character lol

I agree with Pecka's list except I'd move Cage, Kitana, Liu, and Cyrax up, while replacing QC with Kenshi.

QC might have rune trap but he has a lot of bad MUs and his overall neutral game really isn't that easy.
who needs a neutral game when you can just take hits and get it all back

Jephtile

Noob
How could I even forget?! Shit, she ain't even all that distant actually lol.
I could see her in a three-way tie for online annoyances/ease of use in first place. I just deal with her by blocking. But no MK player has blocked well since that damn run button in MK3.

God, I hate that rrrrawh! button

BRUTALITY

Banned
I like your list but can you explain to me why you have Nightwolf so high for ease of use to a non-nightwolf player? Also my jaw just hit my keyboard when I saw that Smoke was so low on the list, could you justify that one for me? On my list Smoke is like 2nd easiest character lol
Nightwolf has no gimmicks or tech that I recognise. Hes just a straight forward whiff punisher and footsies character.

Smoke requires high execution to nail his resets, i think they are harder than cyrax imo.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Nightwolf has no gimmicks or tech that I recognise. Hes just a straight forward whiff punisher and footsies character.

Smoke requires high execution to nail his resets, i think they are harder than cyrax imo.
Okay that's fair. I suppose as a Smoke main I could be bias since I have to do the resets all the time.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I hate Kenshi but he is not a noob-friendly character at all. His mobility is ass, his combos aren't easy to time, and his zoning has pretty bad limitations that will get you blown up if you don't practice them. Also if Kenshi doesn't know how to reflect on reaction then lol ggz.