What's new

Match-up Discussion MK9 Tier List for 'Ease of use' (Noob Characters)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile shouldn't even be in the talks for ease of use. Not when his footsies require an entirely different mindset when compared to the entire cast, and being able to safely space your main mobility tool. You also have to be used to anti-airing with pretty slow jabs in comparison to the rest of the cast.

astronout

see you at the top.
I'm gonna guess that you can't effectivly use either one of them and you are talking out of your ass huh?
you really don't know who i am huh? i played mk9 at the highest level with all of the best. PL, REO, Maxter, xkhaotik, etc...and have used an array of characters as i mained shang, meaning, that I know what the hell I'm talking about. kenshi and Freddy's easily executed combos combined with OP zoning makes them extremely easy to use and to be effective with. this is not a debate. I am stating facts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9158

I would not say Quan is noob friendly at all. Yeah, scrubs can pick him up and spam tele all day and get blown up for it, but to win with Quan against a good player is a gauntlet sometimes. It's all about playin' dem mind games. I ran matches against a very good smoke player as Quan constantly and it was SUCH an ordeal.

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
Top 5 Easiest (in my opinion)
Kenshi: Constant and easy to understand Zoning Game, plus a fortress of armor.
Sonya: Armor Cartwheel, and simple enough combos into standing resets.
Liu Kang: All in 1 character. Good Zoning, great rushdown, solid normals, and easy combos that Grant decent damage.
Cage: Aside from the obvious "3 and a dream" He also has great great tools for anybody wanting to learn MK9 and simple combos that end with Nut Punch for constant pressure.
Smoke: You don't need Resets to dominate with him (Even if it does help) D4 is ridiculous, B2, 3 is fast and easy to hit confirm for big damage and with smoke bomb your opponent is always cautious and never calm. Plus Shake is always helpful (As long as you remember you have that move) @GGA Wafflez

GGA Wafflez

the kid
Top 5 Easiest (in my opinion)
Kenshi: Constant and easy to understand Zoning Game, plus a fortress of armor.
Sonya: Armor Cartwheel, and simple enough combos into standing resets.
Liu Kang: All in 1 character. Good Zoning, great rushdown, solid normals, and easy combos that Grant decent damage.
Cage: Aside from the obvious "3 and a dream" He also has great great tools for anybody wanting to learn MK9 and simple combos that end with Nut Punch for constant pressure.
Smoke: You don't need Resets to dominate with him (Even if it does help) D4 is ridiculous, B2, 3 is fast and easy to hit confirm for big damage and with smoke bomb your opponent is always cautious and never calm. Plus Shake is always helpful (As long as you remember you have that move) @GGA Wafflez
respectfully disagree but hey, i guess it hold s true considering every1 and their motha has a pocket smoke

kung lao is not hard to use, but if you want to get good with lao. You really need to have the mindset of they have to deal with my stuff and not you yourself having to deal with the opponents stuff, otherwise you will lose. A lot of people will say lao is easy to use but then get murdered in the kenshi matchup even though that is 6-4 lao, just because they just don't think like a lao player.

a bad lao player will be random and not know the games mechanics, a good lao player will combine the mindset of a lao player with the mechanics of the game. you really need both and most players only have 1 of the 2.

Lao is weird because if a good player picks him up they could prob get some quick wins in but they won't find the consistency because they don't actually understand what makes them win games.