What's new

MK9 Kollectors and Tournament Stick Editions (360 & PS3)

I have a couple questions about the avatar outfit download , (dont really feel it needs its own thread for discussion but who knows)

Is it going to be multiple characters?

Will it only be used in the game or will it be for your avatar all across live?

The one i have now is this one

will it show up in the game or will they do the same as they do with kinect sports, and change it for you ?

xDisciplex said:
Going to have to go to Best Buy, since they're getting Sub Zero's DLC. Tim if you get any extra Scorpion codes, please...pretty please save me one for scorpion :)
Just went to Bestbuy.com and I couldn't confirm sub-zero's DLC.. but if you're correct, that means bestbuy (unconfirmed) is giving out klassic(?) sub-zero. Gamestop is giving out klassic scorpion DLC. And Amazon is giving away klassic reptile DLC. See a pattern here? BTW, anyone know if the klassic skins are preorder exclusives or will they be available in PSN soon after. Cause, I'd love to own all the classic costumes without buying 3 MK9s.

Amazon's preorder klassic reptile:

Skillz

Noob
IceyTruth said:
So it turns out that the UK can only get the standard or the Kollectors Edition. I really wanted the TE as well.

I looked at doing an international order but amazon won't deliver that item and gamestop just keep saying my card details don't match my bank (i'm assuming this is just an international billing issue).

Anyone have any suggestions?
MK Community Manager twitters;

@interloko Please be patient. No TE for Europe does not mean no fight stick for Europe.

Tons of KE + TE questions for Europe. We are working to get you details, but expect a European KE. More news in January.

Skillz said:
MK Community Manager twitters;

@interloko Please be patient. No TE for Europe does not mean no fight stick for Europe.

Tons of KE + TE questions for Europe. We are working to get you details, but expect a European KE. More news in January.
Good find, thanks.

Dark_Rob

Warrior
I just thought of something. Does anyone know if the 360 MK T.E. stick will come with a headset jack? Madcatz was smart enough to have one built into they're Street Fighter T.E.'s

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
Dark_Rob said:
I just thought of something. Does anyone know if the 360 MK T.E. stick will come with a headset jack? Madcatz was smart enough to have one built into they're Street Fighter T.E.'s
i would hope so, there isnt a reason ir shouldnt

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Dark_Rob said:
I'll talk to PDP reps on twitter and find out for sure.

I want the stick but at the same time im upset im missing out on the "bookends"... I want them to display my games on my shelf right above my tv. Idk its a tough choice

Also the high res pics on kotaku show the headset jack in the middle above the hinge piece

yea just reserved the stick, they said its a limited run with x amount so I said why not, cheaper than AIAB and quick disconnects are awesome cause I have all new happ shit anyways

Dark_Rob

Warrior
thestreetzking said:
yea just reserved the stick, they said its a limited run with x amount so I said why not, cheaper than AIAB and quick disconnects are awesome cause I have all new happ shit anyways
It comes stock with "all new happ shit" already in it. :)

thestreetzking said:
Also the high res pics on kotaku show the headset jack in the middle above the hinge piece
You mean that little hole above the latch in the front? I thought that was a screw hole lol

BeRB

Noob
IceyTruth said:
Is happ stuff really as bad as everyone says?
No lol, But people have adapted to alternatives other then happ at this point because they were spoiled. Happ is fantastic just depends on the game people who play street fighter prefer jap parts people who play tekken prefer korean because it's easier to wave dash, and people who play UMK3 normally prefer happ.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
IceyTruth said:
Is happ stuff really as bad as everyone says?
IL sticks and happ (convex for sticks, concave for cabinets) is the way to go. These parts coming on the TE sticks are crap.

I actually didnt know it came with happ already, I just read it on the gamestop site and when you just said it, Thats cool! I think its def. worth it then

Also it has to be the headset jack cause on the open pictures theres wires coming from it

BeRB

Noob
Tim Static said:
IL sticks and happ (convex for sticks, concave for cabinets) is the way to go. These parts coming on the TE sticks are crap.
They aren't as bad as you make them out to be, They are OKAY Parts better then any other stock parts you would get other then sanwa but, I can't play MK with sanwa, but IL Is better, Why convex instead of concave? I don't get that. But it looks like it has quick disconnects you can probably swap parts with ease, But i have no idea how the plastic comes out. As far as a shell goes it's amazing if it's QD's so you can swap with preferred convex/concave or IL.

Dark_Rob

Warrior
Tim Static said:
Happ has gotten somewhat better recently. There is at least a little more consistency in they're sticks. If they were to ditch the black nylon actuators and go back to the white plastic ones the control would be better, especially in regards to diagonals.
Happ's E-switches work better now than they did when they first moved to China as well. However they still arent in cherry switches league.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, consider the Happ Super joystick: http://www.happcontrols.com/joysticks/super_joy.htm
Ive been using these lately and I like them alot. To me they feel smoother than the Competition as well as having less spring resistance. The spring tension is somewhere between a Sanwa JLF and a Happ competition. They have a smoother 360 circular feel than a competition as well. This is because it uses a circular actuator to activate levered microswitches. Due to the levers the clicking of the microswitches is somewhat louder than a competition. This has never bothered me though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
BeRB said:
They aren't as bad as you make them out to be, They are OKAY Parts better then any other stock parts you would get other then sanwa but, I can't play MK with sanwa, but IL Is better, Why convex instead of concave? I don't get that. But it looks like it has quick disconnects you can probably swap parts with ease, But i have no idea how the plastic comes out. As far as a shell goes it's amazing if it's QD's so you can swap with preferred convex/concave or IL.
Anything that isnt great is garbage to me when it comes to parts.

anywho, MK emulated on Mame plays a little bit faster than it does on a cab, off a jamma board. I cant really put a hammer on the nail, but it just is different. Convex are faster buttons imo and fit perfect with the way just about any port of the game plays. Concave buttons are just perfect on a cab, with the almost tad bit slowness the buttons have. It just feels perfect. Hard to know what i am talking about without the experience of it. Also, some of the old school players, Chicago's best, from Lex to moe prefer concave as well. I had moe and throwrrr out to Season's Beatings UMK3 tourney last October and if they had known i put convex on my cab, they wouldnt have even came lol. and i admit, i didnt like it either. felt weird.

/rant

BeRB

Noob
Tim Static said:
Anything that isnt great is garbage to me when it comes to parts.

anywho, MK emulated on Mame plays a little bit faster than it does on a cab, off a jamma board. I cant really put a hammer on the nail, but it just is different. Convex are faster buttons imo and fit perfect with the way just about any port of the game plays. Concave buttons are just perfect on a cab, with the almost tad bit slowness the buttons have. It just feels perfect. Hard to know what i am talking about without the experience of it. Also, some of the old school players, Chicago's best, from Lex to moe prefer concave as well. I had moe and throwrrr out to Season's Beatings UMK3 tourney last October and if they had known i put convex on my cab, they wouldnt have even came lol. and i admit, i didnt like it either. felt weird.

/rant
I'm getting one anyways, If i dislike it ill switch the buttons but, Ive never really had that feeling on emulated umk3, I tried my friends stick felt right to me and ive played on a cab i didn't feel any difference other then controller delay but you will get that on PAD etc on netplay or if you haven't upped your usb polling rate.

Glad BB finally has the preorder up for the TE. But so does Walmart now, but question is what is the DLC for Walmart's editions?

I pre ordered and paid off my TE edition but I'm wanting to mod the HAPP Stick with an IL.

What parts were actually in the factory untouched UMK3 cabinets? Was HAPP/IL the same company back then?

This is what I'm going to get, is there anything i need to order with it, or does it have the same exact mounting brackets as the HAPP?

http://www.lizardlick.com/IL-Eurojoystick-8-Way-Red_p_105.html

Should I get the IL buttons, too? I just want my stick to be as close to the 90's arcade MK cabinets.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Predatowned said:
I pre ordered and paid off my TE edition but I'm wanting to mod the HAPP Stick with an IL.

What parts were actually in the factory untouched UMK3 cabinets? Was HAPP/IL the same company back then?

This is what I'm going to get, is there anything i need to order with it, or does it have the same exact mounting brackets as the HAPP?

http://www.lizardlick.com/IL-Eurojoystick-8-Way-Red_p_105.html

Should I get the IL buttons, too? I just want my stick to be as close to the 90's arcade MK cabinets.
nah get happ concave buttons and the IL and your good.

Tim Static said:
nah get happ concave buttons and the IL and your good.
Thanks bro. Order placed. got all buttons and the IL stick for 24 bucks. well worth it. Now I'm going to have two spare HAPP sticks :/ lol